PDA

View Full Version : Banned from BitmeTV.org and I don't know why...

Eytan
07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Hello everybody.A few minutes ago I tried to open bitmeTV.org and It asked me to login again.I put my login details and I got the message that my account was disabled...:(

My ratio was over 1:1 and I don't understand why I got banned????:frusty:

I would like to ask from a member there If he/she can to ask the moderators what happened.My nickname was Eytan.

Thanks in advance.:)

hungdob
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM
did u use proxy? gave invites to cheaters?

Eytan
07-09-2007, 08:37 AM
NO. I don't know if my disabled account has to do with the person who invited me because last time I saw his profile (1 week ago), his account was disabled with a very good ratio so I guess he cheated or something.

Str8ek
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
isn't easier to ask on irc??
irc.bitme.org #bitmetv.help

Eytan
07-09-2007, 08:55 AM
isn't easier to ask on irc??
irc.bitme.org #bitmetv.help

Well, I'll give a try.

limpdickkid
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Did you get the invite on FST? If you did then it's pretty obvious why you got banned.

tankslapper
07-09-2007, 09:02 AM
My account has just been disabled too.:cry:
Ratio was about 1.3 with over 5gb uploaded.
I haven't invited anyone or done anything wrong, this sucks I loved the site.

Eytan
07-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Did you get the invite on FST? If you did then it's pretty obvious why you got banned.

Yeah, I've got the invite on FST in a giveaway from mbucari1.

My account has just been disabled too.:cry:
Ratio was about 1.3 with over 5gb uploaded.
I haven't invited anyone or done anything wrong, this sucks I loved the site.

If you get the invite from mbucari1 like me, his whole invite tree was banned.

raysofsun
07-09-2007, 09:24 AM
well mine too got banned last week with no reason...

tankslapper
07-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah mbucari1 invited me too.
That really sucks, how are you suppose to get an invite. :wacko:

uvbull
07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Accounts with less than 175MB in total Upload / Download activity per month may be disabled.

N'joy :)

hungdob
07-09-2007, 10:51 AM
they told u what was the reason for the invite tree to be banned?

Eytan
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Accounts with less than 175MB in total Upload / Download activity per month may be disabled.N'joy :)

It has nothing to do with me.

they told u what was the reason for the invite tree to be banned?

Well, the reason seems obvious to me but I don't want to accuse anyone.

mss74
07-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I had same problem, a real pain esp since it has been real hard to keep the ratio above one

mbucari1
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I got disabled. I'm sorry it affected you too :(

I had a good buffer on the account so I lent it to a friend. One day he calls me and says he can't log on cuz account's disabled. I don't know what he did, but I'm never gonna let him leech from one of my accounts again.

Yeah, I had same problem, a real pain esp since it has been real hard to keep the ratio above one

If you have a seedbox (even leeware) it's easy to seed. You just have to download things that you don't particularly want because there are a lot of leachers.

Edit: If I ever get another account, I'll have another giveaway to try and make things right.

PiraSoftCORP
07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I got disabled. I'm sorry it affected you too :(

I had a good buffer on the account so I lent it to a friend. One day he calls me and says he can't log on cuz account's disabled. I don't know what he did, but I'm never gonna let him leech from one of my accounts again.

If you have a seedbox (even leeware) it's easy to seed. You just have to download things that you don't particularly want because there are a lot of leachers.

Edit: If I ever get another account, I'll have another giveaway to try and make things right.

when will you people learn that cheating ratios is suicide in bitmetv and oink
?

mbucari1
07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I suspected that he did cheat, but I didn't want to start something by accusing him. We're going on a road trip in a couple of weeks and I don't want any unnecessary tension. I just won't EVER let him have access to one of my accounts again nor will he EVER see an invite from me.

digitalmayhem
07-09-2007, 06:44 PM
It could also be that you were using a banned client. I just heard that someone was banned for using utorrent 1.7.

mbucari1
07-09-2007, 07:22 PM
It could also be that you were using a banned client. I just heard that someone was banned for using utorrent 1.7.That's harsh, but I'm pretty sure he still uses 1.6. And anyway, do you REALLY think they would disable all my invites for using a banned client?

Eytan
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
@ mbucari: I should report your friend , you know that :D

I will miss "Hell's Kitchen" :cry:

limpdickkid
07-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Let me quote myself again. They all got caught because you were stupid enough to use the same username here as on BMTV. The invite tree got banned not because mcubari1 but because of you Eytan. You should know better than to use the same username.

znik
07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
This is really sad, but unfortunately it is a reality on bitmeTV.

If someone is banned for whatever reason, they wipe out his whole invitation tree, even if his invitees are clueless...

Has happened numerous times before...
Choose wisely by whom you are invited there and don't trade your invites!

mbucari1
07-09-2007, 07:40 PM

I will miss "Hell's Kitchen" :cry:Well, there's no place to report him, he isn't a member of FST. Maybe I'll drive off when he's using the rest room at a rest stop :lol:

But I am sorry that all of you guys' accounts are disabled and also for the nice guy who invited me. The only promise that I can make is that I will never put any one elses account at potential risk. It always pissed me off when someone would complain their account was disabled and never give a thought to the person who invited them.

Eytan
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM

I will miss "Hell's Kitchen" :cry:Well, there's no place to report him, he isn't a member of FST.

lol, I think I already knew that.:)

[quote=limpdickkid;2117256]

Let me quote myself again. They all got caught because you were stupid enough to use the same username here as on BMTV. The invite tree got banned not because mcubari1 but because of you Eytan. You should know better than to use the same username.

Did you heard the whole story ??? I don't think so, so STFU !!
One day his ratio was over 1:1 and the day after 4:1. Moreover, I wasn't announced as the winner in the giveway which has been made some weeks ago. Keep your mouth closed next time dumbass !

yoyogi4
07-09-2007, 09:59 PM
could you put the guys name here so we can lynch him and tracker castrate him?

phrenzy
07-09-2007, 10:10 PM
They do disable accounts for little reason at times, but I've had good luck w/ them........The guy who invited me got banned awhile ago and I'm still there...

jDZwDmuO
07-09-2007, 10:12 PM
maybe they found out you traded

mbucari1
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
could you put the guys name here so we can lynch him and tracker castrate him?I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't. The person who made this thread isn't the only one who lost his account, I lost mine too. Also, I use the same name on many torrent sites where I have given out invites. Not only would I loose my account, but they might loose theirs too :(. I truly am sorry that so many people got screwed by this. I promise that it WON'T happen again.

poliser
07-09-2007, 10:17 PM
mayb because they cought the fact you from israel.. :/

mbucari1
07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
maybe they found out you traded
Yes, I did trade for that account, but that was months ago. I would find that to be a terribly big coincidence.

mayb because they cought the fact you from israel.. :/No, I'm in US and seedbox is in Netherlands.

There are only 2 possibilities (as I see it)

either he did something that royally pissed off an admin, or he cheated.

poliser
07-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Yes, I did trade for that account, but that was months ago. I would find that to be a terribly big coincidence.

mayb because they cought the fact you from israel.. :/No, I'm in US and seedbox is in Netherlands.

There are only 2 possibilities (as I see it)

either he did something that royally pissed off an admin, or he cheated.

wtf is the connection to US and NL? there is a global ban on israel that's
why i said it:ph34r:

meelad152
07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
same i hate it when that hapenns

bluelion
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
shit i was too banned from bitmetv, was invited by mbucari1 :(

tankslapper
07-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Having an account disabled, does that mean they wont let me have another account or that only when you are banned.

phrenzy
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Make sure your IP has changed.. Use different e-mail and username and delete all cokkies from bitmetv . Should have no problem...

shineget
07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
i recently got banned from bitmetv for having multple accounts, and my account got reenabled once i talked to them in irc, because i don't have more than one account.

Thing is, evryone i invited got banned, and i lost my invites for good. something that won't be changed back. rather annoying as i didn't do anything.

WhoopDeDoo
07-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I just got invited yesterday and was banned today without reason. Wtf?

raspberry1331
07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
If you were invited by a member here, that's the reason.

znik
07-10-2007, 08:27 PM
WhoopDeDoo have you used a proxy?
I think that's the reason...

mbucari1
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
no, I've never used a proxy with bitmetv. I haven't even used the account myself in a few weeks.

fatma
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
they don't allow account sharing.
anyway, if you read their rules and faq right after signing up, you probably say to yourself : the probability to get banned of this tracker for an average user are 90%

mbucari1
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
they don't allow account sharing.
anyway, if you read their rules and faq right after signing up, you probably say to yourself : the probability to get banned of this tracker for an average user are 90%honestly, on how many sites that you're a membr of did you read the FAQ/rules without having a specific question?

Mems
07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Use IRC channel ... isnt better ???

ibslice
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Eytan (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/eytan-162916), you were banned as you made a NEW account withing 2 weeks of the first account being banned. SO you tried to BYPASS a ban by making a new account. If you had read the FAQ as it says u are required to do upon signup. It clearly says. 1 account EVER.
You could have come and talked about your first account - but no - you went the sneaky method.
We are not really that harsh you know. .. all we do is enforce the rules that we list in the FAQ. If you dont read the FAQ, that is not our fault. Most who think we are harsh are those who didnt read the faq. OR ignored the FAQ.

Kelvin
09-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Maybe i don't know. But what's the point of the forever ban just because of that guy did some mistakes?

Who use the statistic IP must find something another than bitmetv who use the dymanic IP will create one hundred accounts and use their accounts without any problem.

If you want to have the tracker like AMO or UK-T with 500-900 users. Just go on. And you will got only traders and collectors because for another people to get and use bitmetv will be impossible.

djkamikaze
09-06-2007, 07:47 AM
It could also be that you were using a banned client. I just heard that someone was banned for using utorrent 1.7.

you heard wrong. their tracker will not even talk to 1.7 and 1.7.1. 1.6, 1.6.1 and 1.7.2 are the only allowed utorrent versions there.

and to the original poster: I heard in bitmetv IRC .help channel (I was there at the time) that you just got another person named greekboy banned from bitmetv by getting him to invite you to a new account there... not a nice thing to do at all. everytime you open a new account there, you're going to get one more person banned besides yourself

jars
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM

you heard wrong. their tracker will not even talk to 1.7 and 1.7.1. 1.6, 1.6.1 and 1.7.2 are the only allowed utorrent versions there.

and to the original poster: I heard in bitmetv IRC .help channel (I was there at the time) that you just got another person named greekboy banned from bitmetv by getting him to invite you to a new account there... not a nice thing to do at all. everytime you open a new account there, you're going to get one more person banned besides yourselfAnd that's why you should only invite people know and trust.

tralalala
09-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Eytan? I'm guessing Israeli? If so, you've been banned for being an Israeli.. As simple as that.

If not Israeli, then either the stats-problem, or the invite tree.

raj3186
09-06-2007, 03:31 PM
:cry:my account was disabled toooo!!! when i contacted a mod here, he told me he would look into the matter and after some discussions, he finally asked me to give my email and password so that he would re-enable my account, but now whenever i try to PM the mod, He has blocked PM's from me!!!

ejac
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
My account got disabled to, 2 of my invitees were cheaters!
I invited 7ppl and I had 10 invites left, its really hard not to invite ppl because everybody wants it, and its a really really good site + i have all these invites.
The rules are should be reviewed, just ban ppl who cheat not the others around them. Or don't give them so much invites. I watched out, i only gave invites to uploaders on other sites, ppl who actually upload content, i would think they wouldn't cheat, right.....

Arg, I'm just so f***** pissed off, i could smash my screen against the wall! The injustice (though i realize they don't owe me nothing, but still)

sear
09-06-2007, 09:55 PM
@raj3186, I have a feeling it was ibslice you talked too. He had DP for a while so couldn't receive pm's. Jump on the IRC and speak to him. You may have to wait for a while to receive a voice. But just wait as long as it takes be polite and explain your problem and he'll help you. He's a reasonable bloke and will listen to you.

Here is the IRC addy
irc.bitmetv.org
#bitmetv.help

Roark
09-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Eytan (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/eytan-162916), you were banned as you made a NEW account withing 2 weeks of the first account being banned. SO you tried to BYPASS a ban by making a new account. If you had read the FAQ as it says u are required to do upon signup. It clearly says. 1 account EVER.
You could have come and talked about your first account - but no - you went the sneaky method.
We are not really that harsh you know. .. all we do is enforce the rules that we list in the FAQ. If you dont read the FAQ, that is not our fault. Most who think we are harsh are those who didnt read the faq. OR ignored the FAQ.

OR made the mistake of posting in your forums :dry:

EDIT: ROFL or had someone else claim they had a buffer just like theirs (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-have-bitmetv-bufferd-post2252116/postcount7). By the way, did I mention I had a 100 accounts with buffers ranging from 1GB to 10TB. Better get banning ;) lmao, and to think we laugh at oink staff. New heights of stupidity are reached every day apparently.

:cry:my account was disabled toooo!!! when i contacted a mod here, he told me he would look into the matter and after some discussions, he finally asked me to give my email and password so that he would re-enable my account, but now whenever i try to PM the mod, He has blocked PM's from me!!!

lol, I bet you didn't talk to a mod. What was his nick?