PDA

View Full Version : Fuck!

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 08:16 AM
I lost my first system admin job... before it even started. I made a mistake when I was 20 years old. (fresh out of the Army) I have a felony record to show for it. I paid my dues - and moved forward with my life.

Or so I thought. (a security clearance was required for the job)

I feel sick and brokenhearted.

Fuck!

What to do... what to do?

Mr. Mulder
07-10-2007, 08:33 AM
commie security checks :fist:

break into their homes and poo in their beds, then drink all their milk.

then apply for some more jobs :yup:

Mr. Mulder
07-10-2007, 08:34 AM
:pinch:

Gripper
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I lost my first system admin job... before it even started. I made a mistake when I was 20 years old. (fresh out of the Army) I have a felony record to show for it. I paid my dues - and moved forward with my life.

Fuck!

That's bollocks that is,when you've paid ypur dues and kept your nose clean then it should not be held against you.
Keep at it mate.

zapjb
07-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Felony convictions can be expunged. Look into it. I have at least a half a dozen friends that have done so.

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 09:09 AM
It seems pointless. I'm 36 years old and finished school this year. I've worked
numerous dead-end jobs...and frankly...I'm tired of it.

I have put my body through the ringer. I've dealt with neanderthals for bosses and politely smiled my way through the day - for years.

I worked two jobs and paid my way through school... for what?
I would of had it made. (with this job)

I appreciate the kind words of encouragement...I really do.
I'm just fecking numb - right now.

I can still see the look of disappointment on my wife's face.

What a fucking drag.

SaveFerris
07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Give up and go home, I need the job (when I'm older).

Mr. Mulder
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
a new wife perhaps? :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
apply for more jawbs, if its only the first one lyke... :unsure:

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Of course...

-bd :dabs:

zapjb
07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Get an attorney. Get rid of the felony. Some of my friends did it themselves without an attorney.

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I can't get the conviction expunged. I've tried. I've thought about starting up
my own networking company. I had a rough go with my pc repair shop a few years ago. (there's numerous such companies in the area)

However, it seems to be my best option, right now.

* thanks for the pm, Mouldy. Laughter is the best medicine.
(that and a nice tub full of lezzies.) :happy:

-bd

zapjb
07-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry about that.

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll get by. I appreciate the help, zapjp.

-bd

Hairbautt
07-10-2007, 05:57 PM

and eat they're (http://www.google.com/search?q=their&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1) brains

Did this have anything to do Gary Richrath by any chance :unsure:

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 06:16 PM

and eat they're (http://www.google.com/search?q=their&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1) brains

Did this have anything to do Gary Richrath by any chance :unsure:

:lol:

It's a conspiracy! :O

I shouldn't of slapped the twat.

-bd

zapjb
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
So is it Gary Richrath, former songwriter and lead guitarist for REO Speedwagon?

Hairbautt
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
You mean "kicked the shit out of...", according to Richrath.

Get you're facts straight, cunt.

brotherdoobie
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
So is it Gary Richrath, former songwriter and lead guitarist for REO Speedwagon?

Yep.

-bd :lol:

jimbo12345
07-10-2007, 06:51 PM
keep your chin up Doobie. Shitty thing to happen to you, but, you'll bounce back.

Stay positive, even though it seems things are against you. Your time will come.

Busyman™
07-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Fuck!

It's their loss. Security checks cost a decent amount of money.

I'm a little confused about something.

Did you put your conviction on your initial job app?

It seems a little weird for them to presack you...after a security check....for something you told them about already.:blink:

As I said, security checks cost moolah. One guy over here was going over to Federal Systems. The gubment was so backed up with security checks that the guy went into management. The security checks cost thousands. They wouldn't bother if they knew he had a conviction that wouldn't hold up on a background check.

Another guy that works here put on his app that he had a conviction on drug possession. Needless. to say he still got the job. :dabs:

jimbo12345
07-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I thought in the UK, depending on what you did wrong, the conviction after XX years is classed as "spent", and can't be held against you?

Sextent
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 enables some criminal convictions to become 'spent', or ignored, after a 'rehabilitation period'.

A rehabilitation period is a set length of time from the date of conviction. After this period, with certain exceptions, an ex-offender is not normally obliged to mention their conviction when applying for a job or obtaining insurance, or when involved in criminal or civil proceedings.

The Act is more likely to help people with few and/or minor convictions because of the way further convictions extend the rehabilitation period. People with many convictions, especially serious convictions, may not benefit from the Act unless the last convictions are very old.

Applying For Jobs

Applicants with a criminal record who are asked on an application form or at an interview whether they have any previous convictions can answer 'no' if the convictions are spent and the job applied for is not excepted from the Act. Under the terms of the Act, a spent conviction shall not be proper grounds for not employing - or for sacking - someone. (If on the other hand, job applicants do not disclose unspent convictions, if asked to do so, they may be found out, dismissed on the grounds of having deceived the employer - and possibly prosecuted.)

The Act does not provide any means of enforcing a person's right not to be refused employment (or entry into a profession) on the grounds of a spent conviction. If, however, an employee can prove that they have been dismissed for a spent conviction and they have been in employment a year or more, they may be able to claim unfair dismissal under employment legislation.

Exceptions To The Act

There are some situations in which people will be expected to declare their convictions, even if they are spent. Some of the principal ones are:
Appointment to any post providing accommodation, care, leisure and recreational facilities, schooling, social services, supervision or training to people aged under 18. Such posts include teachers, school caretakers, youth and social workers, child minders.
Employment involving providing social services to elderly people, mentally or physically disabled people, alcohol or drug misusers or the chronically sick.
Appointment to any office or employment involving the administration of justice, including police officers, probation officers, traffic wardens.
Admission to certain professions which have legal protection (including lawyers, doctors, dentists, nurses, chemists, and accountants).
Appointment to jobs where national security may be at risk (for example, certain posts in the civil service, defence contractors).

Application forms for posts which are excepted from the Act should always make this clear, although some employers claim posts are excepted when they are not. If in doubt, seek advice.

Sextent
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
We are more civilised tho'

sArA
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh BD.... so sorry mate, bet you are gutted.... :(

Still, like others have said, keep at it and you will get a good job in the end, they would probably turned out to be a right bunch of gits to work for anyway, so see it as a lucky escape!!! :)

Biggles
07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Bad luck BD but hang in there. It was 16 years ago - not all companies are as black and white about such issues and not all system jobs require security clearance. You have the skills - they will match up with the right employer.

Option B is to hack into the records and turn yours into a parking offence.

Busyman™
07-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Appointment to jobs where national security may be at risk (for example, certain posts in the civil service, defence contractors).

:yes:

Just to make something clear. The guy that got the job and had a drug possession conviction just works for the main company and not Federal Systems.

Even in the main comapny he cannot get clearance for FBI, Secret Service, Treasury, and most other fed buildings that other techs can get into. If he gets a job on his log at 1500 Pennsylvania Ave, for instance, he immediately notifies the supe that he can't go or switches jobs with another tech. Sometimes he can't get in an embassy either but they have their own rules.

Imagine_If
07-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Move to the Netherlands m8

Busyman™
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM

Why? Do they let anyone work in sensitive jobs?:unsure:

Imagine_If
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM

Why? Do they let anyone work in sensitive jobs?:unsure:

What they do in the Netherlands is this..if you are looking for a job say in banking,.. or security (as an example) ..then a Certificate of "good behavior " is always required by the employer..one can apply for it by the local council offices (town hall) . . Your behavior over the last 4 years is what they check..and if one has behaved oneself in that period..then you receive that certificate..and thats it. Of course..if you have murdered someone..then you will not receive that certificate!

These certificates are being required by employers more and more these days..since all the Islamic bomb attacks.

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 11:00 AM
What they do in the Netherlands is this..if you are looking for a job say in banking,.. or security (as an example) ..then a Certificate of "good behavior " is always required by the employer..one can apply for it by the local council offices (town hall) . . Your behavior over the last 4 years is what they check..and if one has behaved oneself in that period..then you receive that certificate..and thats it.

Sounds reasonable.

-bd

myminpins
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
In Canada, you can get a pardon after X amount of years. With it, you can say NO to have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense and it won't show up for a security check. It might show up on a top, top, top secret check but basically it no longer exists. Very simple - just a few forms to fill out and time to wait.

You can't do that in the USA????? I've heard you can't. That really sucks. :(

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
@ Busy... I lied about the conviction from the start. In the past I
was usually honest about it on my apps. I've found out over the
years that it "hurt" me...more often then not.

The security check was a last minute surprise. (along with a drug screen)
However, I was prepared for the piss test.

-bd

Busyman™
07-11-2007, 02:41 PM
@ Busy... I lied about the conviction from the start. In the past I
was usually honest about it on my apps. I've found out over the
years that it "hurt" me...more often then not.

The security check was a last minute surprise. (along with a drug screen)
However, I had extra good clean piss ready in a bottle in my pants.

-bd

Fixed

I understand.

mbucari1
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry about that. Do you mind if I ask what you did?

Gripper
07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I think he was a Serial Monogamist.

jimbo12345
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Can i ask how you got around the drug test...just for future reference

Sextent
07-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Don't take drugs.

jimbo12345
07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
sound advice

Sextent
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
It's kind of cheating as you're not really "getting round" the test. However the chances of getting caught are quite slim.

Alien5
07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
the bet way to pass a piss test is to drink a lot of water

jimbo12345
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
factual

Sextent
07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
How does drinking a lot of water work.

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
How does drinking a lot of water work.

Not very well...

-bd

Alien5
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
it makes your piss 99.9% water.

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
If you haven't taken any drugs.

Sure.

-bd

Alien5
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Pass-a-Drug-Test

number 3.

or 7.

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM

For heavy marijuana smokers the only fool-proof solution is to substitute by using a clean friend or synthetic urine. All of the detox drinks and Tylenol in the world cannot change the THC that is stored in your fat cells. However there are drinks that can hold off from your body releasing the THC.

-bd

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
but would you rly drink your mates wee? :pinch:

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
If I was really thirsty... or she wanted me to.
She's hawt.

-bd :yup:

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 06:52 PM
can we drink your mates wee? :smilie4:

/pics btw ftw

Sextent
07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Bearing in mind that you will also have artificially low creatinine levels, will overload your kidneys and are not actually removing any THC (hopefully that's what we're talking about here)from your body, just diluting your pish. Which of course will look very clear.

I would suspect that clear pish would almost certainly result in a creatinine check being done. If that's low they will suspect you are trying to fake the test. There are ways to increase the level to avoid this.

EDIT - Drinking lots of water, not BD's mate's pish

Proper Bo
07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Could try not taking drugs for a while, like.

Sextent
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Go for it, mate. We're behind you.

Proper Bo
07-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I should find out in the next week or so if I'm going to need to, like.

Sextent
07-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Court case due then.

Proper Bo
07-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm sure there probably is at least one court case due then, yeah.
I haven't got one, like.

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
A new job, Bo?

-bd

Sextent
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Peabody

Where you come from doesn't that officially make you a gay man.

brotherdoobie
07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I suppose any job...would be new to Bo.
/fixed

-bd

Proper Bo
07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
A new job, Bo?

-bd

hopefully

Peabody

Where you come from doesn't that officially make you a gay man.

no, you big silly.

Sextent
07-11-2007, 07:11 PM
What if you add it to having almost 20,000 posts on an internets forum

Proper Bo
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Shirley it would apply the same in glasgow?

Ewe've got like 30,000 posts, you big gheyer. :ghey:

Sextent
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
By Glasgow rules over 40% of the male population is gay. I am up there in the top 5% of gayness.

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
the guy wot sits next to me at work is from Glasgow, tall skinny guy, shaven head with ginger hair starting to grow back - his reply to everything is "your mum" :mellow:

Sextent
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Nope, you can't make me do it.

Sextent
07-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyway, what do you call him.

O Jock
O Ginge
O Stretch
O Baldy
O Skinny
O Your mum guy.

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
we call him Chris :mellow:

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
or n00b :smilie4:

Sextent
07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Not big, skinny, bald Chris from Glasgow.

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Not big, skinny, bald Chris from Glasgow.
no no, just chris (or n00b) :smilie4:

h'actually he'll sometimes call us future aids victims, so then we'll call him something equally clever such as "gay" or "nob" :smilie4:

Sextent
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
You don't have to be mad to work there, but it helps, lol.

Mr. Mulder
07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
'quite. :smilie4:

time for beddy byes, half five start tomorrow :yawn:

laterz, Nazis :smilie4:

Sextent
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Cheers, homophobe.

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bight.

AussieSheila
07-12-2007, 01:51 PM
:dabs: Bummer bd. I hope you find something.

Busyman™
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM

For heavy marijuana smokers the only fool-proof solution is to substitute by using a clean friend or synthetic urine. All of the detox drinks and Tylenol in the world cannot change the THC that is stored in your fat cells. However there are drinks that can hold off from your body releasing the THC.

-bd

A friend of mine takes those pills about an hour before a test and always passes.

brotherdoobie
07-12-2007, 02:37 PM
:dabs: Bummer bd. I hope you find something.

How have you been, dear? I haven't heard from you in ages!
I've missed you.

-bd :happy:

vidcc
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I have a friend who has a "spent" conviction from the uk that lives in florida. If he were to go back to the UK he could put no convictions on a job application. He cant do that here as the UK rehabilitations act does not apply.
The irony is that he wouldn't have been charged here to start with as his actions were well within "self defense" guidelines (he hit back)

CrabGirl
07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Try being honest with them from the start and stating it on your initial application or interview next time.

Snee
07-12-2007, 03:44 PM

-bd

A friend of mine takes those pills about an hour before a test and always passes.

He doesn't actually use any drugs though, does he?

brotherdoobie
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I've not had much luck with being honest. (concerning my felony conviction)

-bd :noes:

Busyman™
07-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Eh? What's the point of your question?:ermm:

I mean why take the friggin' pills, SnnY, I mean come on, I mean, really.

Busyman™
07-12-2007, 04:12 PM

That's weird cuz like said, there are many jobs that don't give a shit but the actuall dishonesty will get you prefired.

You have probably been lucky that no one ran your social for conviction before.

Nowadays, in this security-minded world, they will mostly likely find out everytime.

Snee
07-12-2007, 04:26 PM

It had been pretty funny if he didn't.

Busyman™
07-12-2007, 04:33 PM

It had been pretty funny if he didn't.

Yeah I gotta learn to play along.

Mmk.

"Of course not. My friends don't do drugs, fuckschmuck.:snooty:"

Sextent
07-12-2007, 05:32 PM
They just can't do it, it must be a cultural thing.

brotherdoobie
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM

That's weird cuz like said, there are many jobs that don't give a shit but the actuall dishonesty will get you prefired.

Nowadays, in this security-minded world, they will mostly likely find out everytime.

This is the first IT job that I've applied for. (I just finished Uni this summer)
I've worked outdoors most of my life. (physical labor) The three jobs that I
I applied for; and was honest with about my conviction... never hired me.

-bd

Busyman™
07-12-2007, 11:17 PM

This is the first IT job that I've applied for. (I just finished Uni this summer)
I've worked outdoors most of my life. (physical labor) The three jobs that I
I applied for; and was honest with about my conviction... never hired me.

-bd

You went to Uni?:blink: ....or have you been assimilated into bratspeak?

Otherwise I understand.

I hope the best for you cuz due to the aforementioned security as of late, there may be little places that will hire into their IT department.

I'd apply like crazy, be honest upfront, and see what pops up. Grunt jobs like mine probably don't care but an IT department of a law firm, will most definitely.

I wouldn't want your Uni edu to go to waste. Plus you have military under your belt.

What did you do? Pm me.

Sextent
07-12-2007, 11:35 PM
:lol:

WeeMouse
07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey Doobster

i do background checks on people as part of me job, and a conviction 16 years ago is spent and is of no relevence unless that conviction gives cause for concern ONLY because of the nature of the job, ie someone who has been charged 3 times for drink driving and they've applied for a kid's bus driver's job.

Want me to kick some ankles for you?

Snee
07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I get background checks done on me once every year I'm temping at the school :dabs:

brotherdoobie
07-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey Doobster

i do background checks on people as part of me job, and a conviction 16 years ago is spent and is of no relevence unless that conviction gives cause for concern ONLY because of the nature of the job, ie someone who has been charged 3 times for drink driving and they've applied for a kid's bus driver's job.

Want me to kick some ankles for you?

I would love for you to kick the shite out of some ankles, Wee one. :lol:

-bd