PDA

View Full Version : Is It Ok To Say That

The Knife Thrower
06-18-2003, 09:11 PM
You should really read the topic in the lounge about Israel/Palestine. Especially the posts by ShockAndAwe^i^.

All the politically correct talk in the world can't hide true Islam.
It's evil!!

It's Pure evil from it's inception

According to ShockAndAwe^i^:

Calling Islam Evil is correct and not hatred towards Muslims.

So that means its not offensive to a Jew to say Judaism is pure evil. So it's not offensive to say to a Catholic that Christianity is pure evil.

So do you think it's offensive to people or not.

hypoluxa3k
06-18-2003, 09:14 PM
yeah, it's hurtful! :angry:
i'm a muslim, and i can see where these NEDS are coming from when they say Islam is evil :lol: so i jus ignore it ;)

2nd gen noob
06-18-2003, 09:17 PM
yeah, i think it's wrong to say that a religion is inherently evil
it's offensive to people who practise said religion, and in the vast majortiy of cases, is incorrect

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Islam in itself is not evil.

But it is often used as an excuse for evil people to do evil things. :(

Illuminati
06-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Personally, any religion which involves paying tribute to a figure is just asking its followers to do this kind of crap.

I'm not going to go into the details because I don't want to end up like that thread, but all religions are just as much to blame than any other religion. Relative to this, Christianity (especially Catholism) is just as much to blame for a lot of the world's problems as Islam is.

Personally, the sooner I can renounce my religion to Buddism the better it'd be for me - But until then, the C of E mark I have on my birth certificate is title only.

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Christianity (especially Catholism) is just as much to blame for a lot of the world's problems as Islam is.

Indeed, Christianity is not at all innocent, as you say. Think of the Crusades for example.

edited to clarify meaning!

Illuminati
06-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Christianity has caused as much trouble as any other religion, if not more due to its dominance in the West. The thing that really gets me is that god knows how many million people are preaching about a flawed book, aka the bible
(Need an example? How about Noah's Ark - Two of every animal with Noah's family. AFAIK the usual image of Noah's family is all right - though I think that's the West's interpretation IMO. Even if Noah and his wife were two seperate races, how come we have over 30 different races on this world when apparently most of the world were flooded to death, huh? ;))

Personally, I think they're all as bad as each other - And the Crusades carry on still; how many die-hard christians think that Islam is evil? Chances are that 1 in 100,000 will act on this belief - whether it was right or not. And this is what saddens me with the world today - What once was humanity's most valuable source of hope is now the largest causes of extreme ethnocentrism today.

To quote Selma Blair from Dogma "It doesn't matter what you have faith in. just that you have faith"

PB Montgolfier
06-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Yes. It is okay to say anything. It's a first amendment thing.

That's the fucking point. Say what you want, it's your right.

What's difficult to understand. Just because you don't approve of what he is saying, tough shit.

However you have as much right to reply and say that he is talking nonsense.

It's really rather complex when you think about it. Unless you are a Glibbist.

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 00:19
Yes. It is okay to say anything. It's a first amendment thing.

That's the fucking point. Say what you want, it's your right.

What's difficult to understand. Just because you don't approve of what he is saying, tough shit.

However you have as much right to reply and say that he is talking nonsense.

It's really rather complex when you think about it. Unless you are a Glibbist.
:flame:

PB Montgolfier
06-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Thats a bit harsh.

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 11:25 PM
So is "That's the :swear: point" - try and keep profanity to a minimum please.

dlingeverything
06-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati

Christianity has caused as much trouble as any other religion, if not more due to its dominance in the West. The thing that really gets me is that god knows how many million people are preaching about a flawed book, aka the bible
(Need an example? How about Noah's Ark - Two of every animal with Noah's family. AFAIK the usual image of Noah's family is all right - though I think that's the West's interpretation IMO. Even if Noah and his wife were two seperate races, how come we have over 30 different races on this world when apparently most of the world were flooded to death, huh? )

You've got this all wrong big time.
The noah's ark story and other stories in the bible are not meant
as an explanation to the origins of the human race in scientific terms.

In fact, it is the exact opposite. The story is intended to send a
deep religious message. This religious message is different depending
on beliefs, religion, etc.

I really hope you dont believe that God literally created the world
in exactly seven days.

2nd gen noob
06-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@19 June 2003 - 00:25
So is "That's the :swear: point" - try and keep profanity to a minimum please.
he has the 'right to free speech'

:lol:

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 11:29 PM
he has the 'right to free speech'
He also has the right to obey the forum rules - a right which I hope he will exercise. :)

Originally posted by dlingeverything@19 June 2003 - 00:26
You've got this all wrong big time.
The noah's ark story and other stories in the bible are not meant as an explanation to the origins of the human race in scientific terms.

In fact, it is the exact opposite. The story is intended to send a deep religious message. This religious message is different depending on beliefs, religion, etc.

I really hope you dont believe that God literally created the world in exactly seven days.
But what is to say that the whole Bible is nothing more than a parable?

PB Montgolfier
06-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+18 June 2003 - 23:28--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 18 June 2003 - 23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@19 June 2003 - 00:25
So is "That&#39;s the :swear: point" - try and keep profanity to a minimum please.
he has the &#39;right to free speech&#39;

:lol: [/b][/quote]
I thought so.

2nd gen noob
06-18-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+19 June 2003 - 00:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 19 June 2003 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@18 June 2003 - 23:28
<!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@19 June 2003 - 00:25
So is "That&#39;s the :swear: point" - try and keep profanity to a minimum please.

:lol:
I thought so. [/b][/quote]
i was taking a slight slant when i said that

you have to remember we have young members here, like Lamsey in fact ;)

old enough to be a mod, but not old enough to drink... :P

PB Montgolfier
06-18-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+18 June 2003 - 23:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 18 June 2003 - 23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
He also has the right to obey the forum rules - a right which I hope he will exercise. :)

<!--QuoteBegin-dlingeverything@19 June 2003 - 00:26
You&#39;ve got this all wrong big time.
The noah&#39;s ark story and other stories in the bible are not meant as an explanation to the origins of the human race in scientific terms.

In fact, it is the exact opposite. The story is intended to send a deep religious message. This religious message is different depending on beliefs, religion, etc.

I really hope you dont believe that God literally created the world in exactly seven days.
But what is to say that the whole Bible is nothing more than a parable? [/b][/quote]
Good point.

What&#39;s to stop the new mod propogating his agnostic views.

It&#39;s not like he has extra rights or anything.

4play
06-18-2003, 11:38 PM
It&#39;s Pure evil from it&#39;s inception

as i have been told so dont take it as gospel but if you are not a believer then you are against them are need to die. this is part of the muslim religion so i would deem this kinda evil.

this kinda reminds me of the christians during the crusades but payback is a bitch right. :rolleyes:

PB Montgolfier
06-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Lamsey

My apologies, I was under the impression that I could say fuck as often as I wanted. If that is not the case then I can only apologise.

Is there a set number of times I can say fuck per day. Or is it on a post by post basis.

I really would appreciate your input as I had never realised that freedom of expression was quite so limited.

EDIT Added d

TheDave
06-18-2003, 11:41 PM
the point is that to call an entire religion like islam evil is pretty stupid. the guy in question obviously knows nothing about it or what the koran (spelling?)teaches. ive learnt that when im wrong admit or at least shut up. i think we should make an example of him by pointing and laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+19 June 2003 - 00:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier &#064; 19 June 2003 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lamsey

My apologies, I was under the impression that I could say fuck as often as I wanted. If that is not the case then I can only apologise.

Is there a set number of times I can say fuck per day. Or is it on a post by post basis.

I really would appreciate your input as I had never realised that freedom of expression was quite so limited.

EDIT Added d [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-K-Lite Board Rules
2. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum.[/quote]
You can express your opinions just as clearly without using the word "fuck". Please do so. I do not wish to censor you, you can still post your views freely and I will defend your right to do so.

But there is no real need to swear. Some people are offended by it, you know.

@TheDave: Pointing and laughing has duly been administered, but I don&#39;t think he heard me... :(

PB Montgolfier
06-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@18 June 2003 - 23:41
the point is that to call an entire religion like islam evil is pretty stupid. the guy in question obviously knows nothing about it or what the koran (spelling?)teaches. ive learnt that when im wrong admit or at least shut up. i think we should make an example of him by pointing and laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fair point - no freedom of expression in your world then.

Want my addresss, I can have the books piled up ready for burning if you want.

TheDave
06-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+18 June 2003 - 23:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 18 June 2003 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@18 June 2003 - 23:41
the point is that to call an entire religion like islam evil is pretty stupid. the guy in question obviously knows nothing about it or what the koran (spelling?)teaches. ive learnt that when im wrong admit or at least shut up. i think we should make an example of him by pointing and laughing :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
Fair point - no freedom of expression in your world then.

Want my addresss, I can have the books piled up ready for burning if you want. [/b][/quote]
great stuff. what are you talking about?

Lamsey
06-18-2003, 11:52 PM
He is free to express his views.

We are free to express that we think his views are wrong.
We are also free to point and laugh.

Where is the problem with freedom of expression, PB? They&#39;re not asking for his posts to be censored are they?

PB Montgolfier
06-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey+18 June 2003 - 23:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 18 June 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 00:39
Lamsey

EDIT Added d
2. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum.
You can express your opinions just as clearly without using the word "fuck". Please do so. I do not wish to censor you, you can still post your views freely and I will defend your right to do so.

@TheDave: Pointing and laughing has duly been administered, but I don&#39;t think he heard me... :( [/b][/quote]
So it&#39;s ok for you to say "fuck". But not me.

I never realised that my freedom of expression was ok, within limits. I had always assumed it to be absolute.

Well :swear: me, another lesson learned. Perhaps the first amendment should have been clearer. It&#39;s ok to express yourself as long as big brother approves.

Sorry to get Orwellian, but every wedge has a thin end. So if you wish to propogate the censorship, please feel free to delete this, as if I had an option. However remember that you will live with that action for the rest of your life and being part of the establishment is no excuse, no matter how trivial the action is :

:swear:

We rest our case.Proceed as you see fit.

edited by Lamsey to conform with Board rules. There&#39;s a difference between expressing your views and trolling. Learn it :P

kAb
06-19-2003, 12:01 AM
i think its fine what he said.

i&#39;ll say this, all religion is evil.

not the people, just the ideas.

and the religious people with power...

dlingeverything
06-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by kAb@18 June 2003 - 18:01
i think its fine what he said.

i&#39;ll say this, all religion is evil.

not the people, just the ideas.

and the religious people with power...
I wouldnt necessarily agree that all religion and its idease
are evil. If you could specify maybe i could understand
your point better.

However, you have a point when religious people obtain
power in the real world b/c of their religious authority.
its the whole reason why there are lutherans.

About PB cursing,
Although he has the right to speech and [i]can[i] curse on the board,
he should keep other members and the board in mind when posting.

Lamsey
06-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by dlingeverything@19 June 2003 - 01:25
I wouldnt necessarily agree that all religion and its idease
are evil. If you could specify maybe i could understand
your point better.

However, you have a point when religious people obtain
power in the real world b/c of their religious authority.
its the whole reason why there are lutherans.

About PB cursing,
Although he has the right to speech and [i]can[i] curse on the board,
he should keep other members and the board in mind when posting.
As I said, Religions usually tend to be perfectly well-meaning and have good intentions.

The problems start when people deliberately misinterpret religion to suit their own purposes.

Celerystalksme
06-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Is ok to say the bible is bullsh&#33;t...and this is coming from a person who spent 8 years at a private catholic school...So i think my opnion counts...

2nd gen noob
06-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@19 June 2003 - 01:38
Is ok to say the bible is bullsh&#33;t...and this is coming from a person who spent 8 years at a private catholic school...So i think my opnion counts...
i think this may be stepping a little over the &#39;line&#39;

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull

Lamsey
06-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+ 19 June 2003 - 01:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob &#064; 19 June 2003 - 01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@ 19 June 2003 - 01:38

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull [/b][/quote]
Fairer to say it contains a lot of bull...

Celerystalksme
06-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+19 June 2003 - 10:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 19 June 2003 - 10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@19 June 2003 - 01:38

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull [/b][/quote]
I Just Did Though ;)

Lamsey
06-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Right, I&#39;m off to sleep.

Play nice while I&#39;m away, folks... ;)

2nd gen noob
06-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+19 June 2003 - 01:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 19 June 2003 - 01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 10:41
<!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@19 June 2003 - 01:38

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull
I Just Did Though ;) [/b][/quote]
ok, i asked for that one

but do you see the point i&#39;m making?

i mean, i was born a catholic, but i don&#39;t (regularly ) practise active catholicism

infamousalbo101
06-19-2003, 12:53 AM
im a muslim and it really bothers me when people say bad stuff about muslim we are a very loving relogion its jus other people that are evil (ex.osama Bin Laden,Sadam Insane) arent really muslim they make up there own evil rules and use them agianst other muslims

Lamsey edited out some homophobic references and replaced them with the world &#39;evil&#39; - hope you don&#39;t mind....

Nahh i dont mind

dlingeverything
06-19-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@18 June 2003 - 18:38
Yes, you can say that.

However, whether it is alright or not is a harder issue to tackle.

When you call the bible that, you are not immediately damned to hell,
put on an "evil person" list or anything like that. I dont think it works that way.

Usually there are more things to religion than studying/reading/believing
what the words in the bible say.

brotherdoobie
06-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@18 June 2003 - 17:18
Islam in itself is not evil.

But it is often used as an excuse for evil people to do evil things. :(
Just as religion in the wrong hands always is..........Chris Columbus used it to subdue whole nations.
He would send 9 to 13 year old girls back to the Spainards(some of the aristocrats) who prefered native children to molest and torture(and that was in the name of christianity).

In England during the Witch trials Kings James(who was certifed insane at the time)
Had his court scholars add stuff to the bible that suited his views.(Yes that King James,Who put together the most widely read version of the bible,The Kings James version)
One such line is "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live"

King James was a parinoid scizo that thought witches were ploting to overthrow him.
At the same time the people of Merry old England were eating unprocessed rye bread.
Well my friends unprocessed rye bread when it&#39;s going bad develops a mold that causes hallucinations in those that eat it.

Anyone care to guess what compound is derived from the mold(ergot) that develops on unprocessed rye bread....................................................

Lysergic Acid Diethyiamide-25........
It&#39;s no wonder people were accusing there neighbors of flying around,changing shapes ...ect...ect......LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hey ShockandAwe were you tripping when u wrote this post?... ;)
You should try to see things from others peoples eyes.......You know what I mean?
Don&#39;t let your leaders make all of your decisions.....Think.... People in general are just following the rhetoric of those that lead them.

I know your a good guy just have some apathy for others.
That&#39;s why Funky and others like him are good for this forum......We need the mods and the mods need us to disturb the quiet,stir up the masses every once awhile&#33; ;) ............but not too much of Funky.....and his irk :rolleyes:

Peace brotherdoobie

kAb
06-19-2003, 01:35 AM
my dad was brought up as a strict catholic.

he became an atheist as an adult after considering everything and dwelling on philosophy.

i&#39;m sure this has had an astonishing effect on me ;)

religion is a key source of conflict.

many of wars are because of religion.

2nd gen noob
06-19-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@19 June 2003 - 02:29
Lysergic Acid Diethyiamide-25
now, where did i put my unprocessed rye bread...? :P

seems like mouldy old bread is like a pharmacist :)

brotherdoobie
06-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@18 June 2003 - 18:25
Actualy his profanity was at a minumum..........one fuck here and there should be encouraged once in awhile......... ever here of Lenny Bruce.....or Contry Joe and the fish.......Abbie Hoffman...... ;)

Peace brotherdoobie

I agree with U Lamesy about him being a littel strong in the way he came on with his Point of view........but it was the way he stated it not the words he used.
Sure we all have freedom of speech...but that does not mean we have the right to be an ass. ;)

brotherdoobie
06-19-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@18 June 2003 - 18:29

Now......Now .....Lets not get carried away with the moderator powers ;)
After all Power is such a small word isn&#39;t it?
Let&#39;s not tighten the reins so tight nobody wants to pull the sled please :P

power

Peacebrotherdoobie :lol:

brotherdoobie
06-19-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+18 June 2003 - 19:01--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 18 June 2003 - 19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Lamsey+18 June 2003 - 23:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 18 June 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 00:39
Lamsey

EDIT Added d
2. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum.

@TheDave: Pointing and laughing has duly been administered, but I don&#39;t think he heard me... :( [/b][/quote]

I never realised that my freedom of expression was ok, within limits. I had always assumed it to be absolute.

Well :swear: me, another lesson learned. Perhaps the first amendment should have been clearer. It&#39;s ok to express yourself as long as big brother approves.

Sorry to get Orwellian, but every wedge has a thin end. So if you wish to propogate the censorship, please feel free to delete this, as if I had an option. However remember that you will live with that action for the rest of your life and being part of the establishment is no excuse, no matter how trivial the action is :

edited by Lamsey to conform with Board rules. There&#39;s a difference between expressing your views and trolling. Learn it :P [/b][/quote]
Hey Take it easy being on the other extreme of this issue is just as petty.
Lamesy never edited your post did he?
I mean he is just pointing out a forum courtesy.......No need to get so defensive ;)

Peace brotherdoobie B)

Spindulik
06-19-2003, 04:00 AM
Is it OK to say that all religion is the source of many wars and evil?

My invisible guy is better than yours... ...blah blah blah.

Wake up people. All of this mythology that there is a God seems to to be so false. Yeah, it scared the crap out of most of the people in the old-age, but that was to keep them in line. They didn&#39;t know any better. Today, we are intelligent people.

Intelligent? Yes. We are. Among the child-molesting priests. Hit-N-Run Bishops. Suicide bombing Muslems. Etc....

Why doesn&#39;t the bible mention anything about the American Indians? Where are the Greek gods today? No mention of dinosaurs? Maybe all of this religion is just bullsh*t. Where are the miracles? When is part 3 of the bible going to be written?

A few members of this forum have asked people for prayers. Prayers to help their loved ones on dire need. I believe that all the support is needed. And it is good. I believe that relying on god alone is getting nowhere fast. I believe that a physician, or a specialist will get something done. Which means, you just got to take matters in your own hands, if you want to get something done. Waiting for god will kill you, literally.

But "god", knew this kind of bullshit was going to happen. He is watching it happen. 3 billion years ago, he knew/knows all about it. Thus, he is merely toying with us. If you are religious, then you cannot say he didn&#39;t/doesn&#39;t , because if you do, you are saying god is less than himself, therefore, he is not god. Unlesss... ...this religious crap is just what it is. CRAP.

You decide. Have you been fed a load of crap all of your life? Sounds like brain washing. Perhaps not. A brain washed person has no idea what they look like in the eyes of the normal, until they have been cured and see themselves in a normal perspective.

brotherdoobie
06-19-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+18 June 2003 - 20:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 18 June 2003 - 20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie@19 June 2003 - 02:29
Lysergic Acid Diethyiamide-25
now, where did i put my unprocessed rye bread...? :P

seems like mouldy old bread is like a pharmacist :) [/b][/quote]
Like an old senile pharmacist who tosses in a littel of this and a littel of that......not quite remembering the right ingredients or how much of this and that. KIDDIES DON&#39;T TRY THIS AT HOME&#33;

Peace brotherdoobie B)

PB Montgolfier
06-19-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Spindulik@19 June 2003 - 04:00

Wake up people. All of this mythology that there is a God seems to to be so false. Yeah, it scared the crap out of most of the people in the old-age, but that was to keep them in line. They didn&#39;t know any better. Today, we are intelligent people.

Intelligent? Yes. We are. Among the child-molesting priests. Hit-N-Run Bishops. Suicide bombing Muslems. Etc....

Why doesn&#39;t the bible mention anything about the American Indians? Where are the Greek gods today? No mention of dinosaurs? Maybe all of this religion is just bullsh*t. Where are the miracles? When is part 3 of the bible going to be written?

A few members of this forum have asked people for prayers. Prayers to help their loved ones on dire need. I believe that all the support is needed. And it is good. I believe that relying on god alone is getting nowhere fast. I believe that a physician, or a specialist will get something done. Which means, you just got to take matters in your own hands, if you want to get something done. Waiting for god will kill you, literally.

But "god", knew this kind of bullshit was going to happen. He is watching it happen. 3 billion years ago, he knew/knows all about it. Thus, he is merely toying with us. If you are religious, then you cannot say he didn&#39;t/doesn&#39;t , because if you do, you are saying god is less than himself, therefore, he is not god. Unlesss... ...this religious crap is just what it is. CRAP.

You decide. Have you been fed a load of crap all of your life? Sounds like brain washing. Perhaps not. A brain washed person has no idea what they look like in the eyes of the normal, until they have been cured and see themselves in a normal perspective.
Now I understand, the content is allowed to be offensive, just as long as the individual words aren&#39;t.

He is allowed to say that my deeply held beliefs are just a lot of crap, but I am not allowed to use a word because other people have decided that it is profane.

And this is being moderated by people who have clearly stated that they also find my beliefs to be fundamentally incorrect.

Fair enough, I suppose without fear or favour is for the real world anyway.

jetje
06-19-2003, 09:49 AM
religions in it self ain&#39;t that bad, and in basics they all have the same message... something, somewhere there must be such a great power, it is there to explain "why are we and all this here on earth" No more no less... (a try to explain the unexplainable&#33;)All religions of the world are in basics about that...
But then the ages came, words got twisted... and politicians/leaders came
... they thought of them easy to use them to sow hate and divide people... They make a "clever" use of it in gaining power and completion of there cause.
Also a lot of high ranked people in the religious organizations behave like politicians. They mix up religion and politics for gaining souls (for their cause).
And to get a grip/control on people...

well merely the problems are the interpetations of the written rules and laws..
If politics and religion were strongly seperated all over the world and religious leaders would do where are religions agree on and where they are ment for... do good/love/no war/help and care for eachother etc.. etc... The world would be a better place...

btw religions are abused same as they did communisme/socialisme... In the pure basics it&#39;s the best and most fair system for all people on earth.... To bad Communisme is always compared to USSR-China & cuba... But here it was the same as with the religion, leaders make it suck. The ideas are great....

note about the bible/koran.... nice books, but i&#39;ve read better ones&#33;

edit typos

The Knife Thrower
06-19-2003, 04:17 PM
I think that people are just stupid and misinterpret religion as evil. Anyone with a high IQ knows that the bible isn&#39;t homophobic.

Illuminati
06-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Sorry I haven&#39;t been on to see most of this - I&#39;ve only just got back. I&#39;d do some quotes, but there&#39;s a lot saying the same messages - So I&#39;ll keep it as brief as I can.

I really hope you dont believe that God literally created the world
in exactly seven days.

Well I don&#39;t believe in the Bible so I&#39;m unlikely to believe in that as well, am I? Ask a stupid question...

But seriously, I agree with the rest of your post DLE - As far as I can tell, religion&#39;s purpose was to give us hope and to give us guidance in whatever we need to by using their books as mediums for them. But I&#39;m afraid that those I see who only see religion as only that far are few & far between in RL :(

Most of the time, I see these religions being used as dictations for people who can&#39;t/won&#39;t think for themselves. It&#39;s as if they see "God&#39;s word" as unquestionable war - These I feel sorry for, mainly because they will likely believe anything that their &#39;leaders&#39; tell them.

I&#39;m sorry if I offend people who believe strongly in their religions, but the term &#39;whipped&#39; comes to mind every time I think about them.

As for the Lysergic Acid Diethyiamide-25 thing, know any other way I can get it cheap? I&#39;d personally have it without the rye bread ;)

fugley
06-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+19 June 2003 - 00:01--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 19 June 2003 - 00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Lamsey+18 June 2003 - 23:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 18 June 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 00:39
Lamsey

EDIT Added d

edited by Lamsey to conform with Board rules. There&#39;s a difference between expressing your views and trolling. Learn it :P [/b][/quote]
Core blimey - will you marry me&#33; B)

fugley
06-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@19 June 2003 - 04:00

Yes but where did the universe come from??

fugley
06-19-2003, 05:28 PM
.......and how and why???

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 05:33 PM
I think Steven (or is it Stephen?) Hawkings can help u with that one fugley ;)

Illuminati
06-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Actually, that is a good point - Genesis, last time I saw, only speaks about God creating the Earth in 6/7 days. What about the universe - Surely if God made the Earth, he would have had to make the universe as well, right? I&#39;d personally love to see the parts on how God made the universe - Or is he omnipresent?

(Sorry about going on about these flaws - I just think that these may help people if they think that Christianity is perfect and unquestionable. As I know a few people in RL are)

fugley
06-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@19 June 2003 - 17:33
I think Steven (or is it Stephen?) Hawkings can help u with that one fugley ;)
Only back to a certain point I think - read once that all the materials that came to form the universe were originated from an object the size of a grapefruit (could have been a satsuma&#33;) maybe even a banana&#33;

I think thats pretty much where the theories are at - but where did these piece of fruit come from..................

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 17:41
maybe even a banana&#33;

could they have come from some oriface?

I believe it was more a melon (cantelope) size.

Illuminati
06-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Yep - The Big Bang theory is interesting; this is one where I&#39;m not sure whether to believe it or not.

What I&#39;d love to know, and what would easily confirm this theory, is the location of the point of origin. Maybe it&#39;s me, but if it can be found I could see it having great implications in humanity in general. But I&#39;d still love to see if it can be found, if only for closure.

fugley
06-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+19 June 2003 - 17:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 19 June 2003 - 17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fugley@19 June 2003 - 17:41
maybe even a banana&#33;

could they have come from some oriface?

I believe it was more a melon (cantelope) size. [/b][/quote]
I once saw an Attenborough documentary about a Lion chasing, catching and devouring a cantelope&#33;

Seriously though what happened before the grape fruit or the big bang&#33;

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@19 June 2003 - 17:47

What I&#39;d love to know, and what would easily confirm this theory, is the location of the point of origin.
I heard maybe it was over Kansas somewhere......

PB Montgolfier
06-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Current theoretical physics has pretty much accepted that the big bang happened. Most of the interesting work is concentrating on what happened before that and what produced the big bang.

Why do people get so hung up on how the universe started. It&#39;s only in newtonian physics that a start is required. You really do have to start looking outside of this limited thinking. There are more than three dimensions, if two things travel towards each other at high speeds the speed they are travelling towards each other is not the sum of their speeds, it&#39;s lower.

The very big and the very small, the very fast and the very slow do not obey newtonian laws. He was a mega genius, but only worked with what he could observe.

Oh and my beliefs are very strong. However they do not include that God made the Earth in 6 days. At least not 6 x 24 hours, or the period in which the earth rotates. The old Testament is not to be taken literally. Things like that don&#39;t matter, what matters is the message and particularly the messages in the new Testament.

fugley
06-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@19 June 2003 - 17:47
Yep - The Big Bang theory is interesting; this is one where I&#39;m not sure whether to believe it or not.

What I&#39;d love to know, and what would easily confirm this theory, is the location of the point of origin. Maybe it&#39;s me, but if it can be found I could see it having great implications in humanity in general. But I&#39;d still love to see if it can be found, if only for closure.
Probably gonna get killed to death up the arse here&#33;

But I think they (scientists) have a general idea on the direction of the big bang event&#33; It&#39;s to do with matter cooling - the further they look into space with their detectors they find temperature differences. They figure the cooler an object is the further it is from the event (big bank).

But we really need someone with a bit of concrete knowledge here and I aint it - me is better at asking questions than answering em&#33; :blink:

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey, who knows?

Maybe it was all started with God, the supreme being and entity above all others.

Would you Adam & Eve it ?

Some people do, but then again, maybe the utterly amazing thing that is human life came from a puff of air in the.........well, air.....Or Space?

Really, who knows the answer?

No one im afraid &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Not even Mr Hawking&#39;s.......

duz any1 no wot dat book wuz dat he wrote? :unsure:

fugley
06-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 17:56
Current theoretical physics has pretty much accepted that the big bang happened. Most of the interesting work is concentrating on what happened before that and what produced the big bang.

Why do people get so hung up on how the universe started. It&#39;s only in newtonian physics that a start is required. You really do have to start looking outside of this limited thinking. There are more than three dimensions, if two things travel towards each other at high speeds the speed they are travelling towards each other is not the sum of their speeds, it&#39;s lower.

The very big and the very small, the very fast and the very slow do not obey newtonian laws. He was a mega genius, but only worked with what he could observe.

Oh and my beliefs are very strong. However they do not include that God made the Earth in 6 days. At least not 6 x 24 hours, or the period in which the earth rotates. The old Testament is not to be taken literally. Things like that don&#39;t matter, what matters is the message and particularly the messages in the new Testament.
Yes but do you think it&#39;s conceivable that Steven Hawking swallowed a speak and spell machine and can he play a Rolf Harris stylophone??

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 18:10
can he play a Rolf Harris stylophone??
I&#39;ve heard he&#39;s got a copy of stairway to heaven on his hard drive and he hook&#39;s her up to stereo-out and the puppy sounds sweet.

fugley
06-19-2003, 06:16 PM
I believe in God (though the definition is a tough one). At least supreme intelligence, omnipresence, something that no human can comprehend&#33; The Flood, Jesus , Adam and Eve I reserve judgement on. I think the idea of God becomes more believable with the simple question where did it all come from?? Why and How?? Every question we answer open up more of the suckers&#33;

edit shit typing

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 18:16
where did it all come from?? Why and How??
No one knows the answer to this, and this is the sad truth im afraid.

fugley
06-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 17:56

All religions seem to believe their&#39;s is best and anyone elses is wrong and at best they tolerate each other(s). They all want a monopoly on God

All can agree that something pretty awsome did and is happening? All can agree pretty much on the same questions like; where did we and every thing come from? Physics is chipping away at the answers (probably creating 10x the questions as it goes too).

The new testement worries me a bit. As far as I know it was mainly written just a little too long after the events of Christ to be crispy and fact full. I think of it as a book of Chinese Whispers....

Maybe it&#39;s all true&#33; Or maybe it&#39;s just something not quite so true. All the religions have values and they are not bad things to live by when not distorted but they are usually twisted by fanatics and others with ulterior motives.

I believe everyone of any, or no religion can benefit and be enriched by the sense of awe that&#39;s inspired by questions about the universe. If you want something nearer the truth look around you at life and the universe. None of it was initially instigated by mankind. That why its awsome and honest&#33;

fugley
06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by fugley+19 June 2003 - 18:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 19 June 2003 - 18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 17:56

All religions seem to believe their&#39;s is best and anyone elses is wrong and at best they tolerate each other(s). They all want a monopoly on God

All can agree that something pretty awsome did and is happening? All can agree pretty much on the same questions like; where did we and every thing come from? Physics is chipping away at the answers (probably creating 10x the questions as it goes too).

The new testement worries me a bit. As far as I know it was mainly written just a little too long after the events of Christ to be crispy and fact full. I think of it as a book of Chinese Whispers....

Maybe it&#39;s all true&#33; Or maybe it&#39;s just something not quite so true. All the religions have values and they are not bad things to live by when not distorted but they are usually twisted by fanatics and others with ulterior motives.

I believe everyone of any, or no religion can benefit and be enriched by the sense of awe that&#39;s inspired by questions about the universe. If you want something nearer the truth look around you at life and the universe. None of it was initially instigated by mankind. That why its awsome and honest&#33; [/b][/quote]
.....And believe me it came from somewhere.... it wasn&#39;t just some book written by a geezer&#33; :D