PDA

View Full Version : The Pirate Bay Interview (Video)

Hairbautt
07-11-2007, 12:20 AM
http://torrentfreak.com//images/bitlord-tpb.jpgThe BitLord show released a special episode in which they interview with Brokep from The Pirate Bay. Brokep talks about TPB’s contribution to the BitTorrent scene, their secret upcoming project, the new anonymous P2P protocol they are working on and much more.

We’ve seen quite a lot of interviews with the guys behind The Pirate Bay, even in in prestigious outlets such as the Sunday Times and Vanity Fair, but this is one of the rare video interviews.

Several topics are discussed including the new “anonymous P2P protocol”, which is not their secret project, that they are currently working on.
Making all transfers anonymous will be the future of filesharing according to Brokep. No more lawsuits and privacy for everyone.

Among other things, Brokep talks about censorship, copyright, lawsuits, Sealand and why we need more BitTorrent trackers to keep the community alive.

I could of course embed the video here, but I think The BitLord show deserves some credit. Check out the interview with Brokep over here.

:source: Source: TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-interview-video/)
:view: Video: The BitLord Show (http://www.bitlordshow.com/ep8.php) (00:16:16)

WHiKWiRE
07-11-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm gonna say it TPB blows. :lol: I prefer selection and speed.

Demigod
07-11-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm gonna say it TPB blows. :lol: I prefer selection and speed.

:angry: For those that don't use bittorrent as often or just don't have luxury of private trackers, TPB is pretty much their main source for whatever they're looking for.

I'm not saying TPB is the best but in spite of the fact that there are better trackers, please just respect it as well as the owners' efforts to fight the RIAA, etc.

djozma
07-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Be lucky that the RIAA and MPAA focus on the public trackers like TPB. Without them they would definitely go after the private trackers that you and many others are a part of.

WHiKWiRE
07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
:angry: For those that don't use bittorrent as often or just don't have luxury of private trackers, TPB is pretty much their main source for whatever they're looking for.

I'm not saying TPB is the best but in spite of the fact that there are better trackers, please just respect it as well as the owners' efforts to fight the RIAA, etc.

Easy there junior. Fact of the matter is that TPB is giving publicity to the torrent community which I'm sure we can all agree is not in it's best interest. The only way the bittorent protocol will survive is if the community using the torrents is kept private. This is why I switched to newsgroups. :dabs:

maxehhh
07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
sgmailer... there is also mininova and isohunt if you still don't have the luxury of a private tracker xD

BawA
07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
ok i really liked tha Puma cap anybody know whats name of it.

nvm found it
Puma Black Cat Logo Military Hat

ButWay
07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
@WHiCKWiRE
File sharing has grown beyond keeping anything private/secret. Sure the old school scene might have been considered private, but does days are gone. If TPB where to be shut down the "forces of evil" could focus there effort (more intensely) else where, maybe to usenet;) The (current) bittorrent protocol wont last forever and in order to survive it has to evolve, which the TPB guys try to do.

They also serve a more philosophical aspect to file sharing by bringing publicity and fighting the good fight. I think thats a good way to go about it if you wont to change todays copyright climate/laws.

That being said they have there flaws and other alternatives might be better at serving ones needs.

@maxehhh
Isn't mininova and isohunt indexing sites only? or do they run there on trackers?

WHiKWiRE
07-15-2007, 12:32 AM
@WHiCKWiRE
File sharing has grown beyond keeping anything private/secret. Sure the old school scene might have been considered private, but does days are gone. If TPB where to be shut down the "forces of evil" could focus there effort (more intensely) else where, maybe to usenet;) The (current) bittorrent protocol wont last forever and in order to survive it has to evolve, which the TPB guys try to do.

They also serve a more philosophical aspect to file sharing by bringing publicity and fighting the good fight. I think thats a good way to go about it if you wont to change todays copyright climate/laws.

That being said they have there flaws and other alternatives might be better at serving ones needs.

@maxehhh
Isn't mininova and isohunt indexing sites only? or do they run there on trackers?

You can't attack usenet, the beauty of newsgroups is that it's unmoderated. :D