PDA

View Full Version : My Logitec Mouse Is Pissing Me Off!

sandman24
06-19-2003, 12:04 AM
:huh:

For some reason or other, my Logitec Optical mouse has developed a mind of it's own.
When I use it, and the pointer is moving, it will sporadically dissapear off the screen and I sometimes have to "Shift" the mouse for 20 seconds to make the pointer re-appear.
Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

I went to the logitec site and DL and installed the newest drivers, still no fix.

thanks y'all

Edited: Sorry about the double post!

2nd gen noob
06-19-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by sandman24@19 June 2003 - 01:04
:huh:

For some reason or other, my Logitec Optical mouse has developed a mind of it's own.
When I use it, and the pointer is moving, it will sporadically dissapear off the screen and I sometimes have to "Shift" the mouse for 20 seconds to make the pointer re-appear.
Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

I went to the logitec site and DL and installed the newest drivers, still no fix.

thanks y'all

Edited: Sorry about the double post!
what os are you running?
if windows xp, you might want to try removing the mouse drivers.
the microsoft ones that come with xp are actually pretty good, and should be bug free

p.s. the title of this topic looks pretty funny when you see it on the main page :)

Lamsey
06-19-2003, 12:14 AM
Also, what sort of surface are you using it on? Red or patterned surfaces tend to confuse the hell out of optical mice - I find they work best on a plain blue mousemat.

Twigboy
06-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Cordless/batteries low?
If not don't know :huh:

wolfman10_2000
06-19-2003, 01:31 AM
try getting the latest drivers** ;)

logitech.com (I think)

I have an logitech optical mouse and its acting fine***

-Mike

Schmiggy_JK23
06-19-2003, 06:42 AM
if you are using the logitech mx line, dont use the logitech drivers.

just plug and play, and use the default microsoft drivers that windows will install...

if you want 800 dpi with these drivers, us this registry fix...

logitech mx series reg fix (http://www.xpclan.net/Articles/03/0/2/194814cb9b8a2cb03ed90d63d00a9f9b)

ooo
06-19-2003, 01:12 PM
umm happens to me sometimes..

but mine is a cordless duo... mouse n keyboard from logitech

---

are you sure your mouse isnt far away from the reciever thing?
if its too far away then it does that.... or your batteries are low...
surface is also a problem... i tried using it on a rough book n it didnt work well... use a nice mouse mat

TIBZ
06-19-2003, 02:27 PM
make sure the surface ur using is flat that means no cracks no dents and use a mouse pad that used to be my problem

dingoBaby
06-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Also make sure the reciever isn't too close to your printer, speakers (especially a powered sub woofer), or the cpu. They are sesitive to interference from other devices.

liquidacid
06-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Yeah, i'm having similar problems too. Check 'Snap To' isn't enabled in mouse properties (through Control Panel). This might be it.

While i'm here..... The problem i'm having is that i can't disable this 'snap to' rubbish. I had previously installed the 'mouseware' that came with my logitech mouse and tried out the option of snap to. Obviously, it's very, very irritating. Now though, it won't stop. My cursor will randomly jump across the screen.

I've uninstalled this mouseware; XP drivers are fine anyhow. In fact, i recently did a clean install of XP due to AV problems- still it persists. Maybe a point worth mentioning is that i'm on a dual boot 2000/XP. So, if anyone knows how to stop this i'll be most grateful.

Sandman24, hope you don't mind me jumping in your thread. Didn't see the point of two logitech mouse topics.......