PDA

View Full Version : Tony Martin

cyprushil
06-19-2003, 07:52 AM
So you may be asking who is Tony Martin?
link 1 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/2987642.stm)
Link 2 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/2989700.stm)

Tony Martin woke one night to find two burglars ransacking his home, In an attempt to protect himself and his property he picked up a shotgun and fired two shots, he killed one burglar and wounded the other.
Martin is now in prison serving time for manslaughter.

Brendon Fearon (the burglar that he wounded) is also serving time and has over 30 convictions for burglary.

so what eh?

Well Brendon Fearon is now suing Tony Martin for damages and claims to have suffered post-traumatic stress, whats more he has been granted Legal Aid to do this.

In comparsion, about six months ago the old woman who lives across the road from us was burgled, not only was she cleaned out but the bastards also ransacked the house, she was'nt insured as she could'nt afford to pay for it and was left with nothing, before this happened I'd often see her pottering around, now shes scared to leave the house and sits in front of the window watching an old black n white TV which was donated to her by a neighbour. and the only support she was offered from the police was a routine house call and a leaflet pushed through the door about Victim Support.

WTF? IMO Tony Martin should never have been sent to prison in the first place, and the fact that Fearon has been granted legal Aid to sue is a joke and an insult to all the people that have been a victim of crime and never received a penny in compensation.

The UK is f@#ked up :angry:

Curley
06-19-2003, 07:54 AM
Yes I agree. The British justice system is up shit creek in my opinion. The criminals get treated better than the victims these days.

See what we pay our taxes for??

soopaman
06-19-2003, 08:06 AM
In my opinion Tony Martin should have made a better job of it. If two Pikey fuckers broke into my house I'd make sure they'd never got two feet out of the door :ph34r: . Especially if I had a 12 Bore nearby. Boom!!! Boom!!! Two less criminals, Two less people being a burden on the Taxpayer all their lives. My old man kept a shooter under the bed for just such an incident - unfortunately we never got burgled!! :lol:

Still, he really shouldn't have shot that young lad in the back and missed the other one. Poor shooting!!

chalice
06-19-2003, 08:31 AM
The tide of public opinion associated with this incident has swollen to manic heights simply because there was a gun involved. British people, never having had the familiarity and so desensitivity to firearms are, understandably, afraid of them.
There have been may similar incidents where burglars have been killed but they generally involve blunt instruments and so give off more of an impression of fight of flight.
It is not, I would think, a natural impulse when threatened, to reach for a gun.
I can't help thinking there was some premeditation in this killing.
I can't envisgae a scenario where the person shooting someone in the back is a victim.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 08:42 AM
No matter what way you look at it, its not OK to shoot people.

What he did was ludicrous.
I have as much anger as anyone else at burglars (our house was EMPTIED - and i mean emptied of anything of worth - i hate the pricks as much as anyone else).

But he shouldnt have shot that kid, and he obviousley isnt a sane person.

Anyone who shoots someone else in the back with a shotgun is not normal.

And the UK justice system is a farce.

Curley
06-19-2003, 08:53 AM
But Tony Martin was repeatedly burgled and vandalised. He involved politicians and yet nothing was done. He couldn't go on hoilday, couldn't sleep at night & hardly ever went out for fear of what he might find when he came back.

Theres only so far one person can be pushed.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:53

Does that make it OK for him to produce a shotgun from his cupboard (or wherever it was), load it, aim it, and shoot someone in the back?

I think not.

2nd gen noob
06-19-2003, 08:57 AM
i'm sure i heard that he had the gun rigged up on an automatic system in his shed.

was that bollocks or is it true?
anyone know for sure?

Curley
06-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+19 June 2003 - 09:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 19 June 2003 - 09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:53

Does that make it OK for him to produce a shotgun from his cupboard (or wherever it was), load it, aim it, and shoot someone in the back?

I think not. [/b][/quote]
No, I agree. But what else was being done? Nothing.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:58

No, I agree. But what else was being done? Nothing.
Yeah, true...

I suppose with his house in the country it was more prone to it...

He could have installed burglar alarm systems, for example, linked to police HQ&#39;s like many alarm systems are.

This, to me, is a viable alternative to shooting people.

soopaman
06-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 09:57
i&#39;m sure i heard that he had the gun rigged up on an automatic system in his shed.

anyone know for sure?

It&#39;s bollocks 2nd Gen.

It&#39;s nigh on impossible to aim and hit two people that are escaping (in the back) with some "Spy Vs Spy" type contraption. He had a shotgun in the house, got it, loaded it and shot them. Simple as that. He was protecting what was his. Saying he had "no respect for life" or "the law" is no real argument, where was the burglars respect for Tony Martin??

Curley
06-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@19 June 2003 - 10:00
He could have installed burglar alarm systems, for example, linked to police HQ&#39;s like many alarm systems are.

What good would that do when he lived in the middle of nowhere?? He did have police driving by his house every now and again, but thats not any good if you think about it.

2nd gen noob
06-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by soopaman+19 June 2003 - 10:05--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 19 June 2003 - 10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 09:57
i&#39;m sure i heard that he had the gun rigged up on an automatic system in his shed.

anyone know for sure?

It&#39;s bollocks 2nd Gen.

It&#39;s nigh on impossible to aim and hit two people that are escaping (in the back) with some "Spy Vs Spy" type contraption. He had a shotgun in the house, got it, loaded it and shot them. Simple as that. He was protecting what was his. Saying he had "no respect for life" or "the law" is no real argument, where was the burglars respect for Tony Martin?? [/b][/quote]
i suspected as much :(

p.s. i think the man is truly insane. he deserves to stay in jail.
however, the burglar should not have been given any legal aid ni suing him

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 09:06

What good would that do when he lived in the middle of nowhere??&nbsp; He did have police driving by his house every now and again, but thats not any good if you think about it.
All right not much good, but at least he could have waited....What were the burglars doing out in the middle of nowhere?
He could have identified them and police could have searched the surrounding area....
Well, with the incompetence of the police this may not have happened.

I mean, he thought about it before he did it, that is certain.

A gun has to be loaded.

Unless he kept it loaded all the time of course, which would make him even more insane.

Its simply inexcusable to shoot people - no matter what they did.

Petty criminals is all they were, and kids....

The guy shot a kid, i mean, come on....

Buffalo
06-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Ok my turn............ony Martin should not do the full sentence, the kid should not get any money, they should&#39;nt have been there BUT..........Tony shot the young lad at near point blank range with a 12bor, I have spoken to a mate who&#39;s a copper and he has seen thefile the hole in the boys body was only 2/3 inches so he must have been right on them&#33;
This is tricky, on one hand it&#39;s ok to defend you stuff, but on the other hand you can&#39;t go around shooting people&#33;
Give them a good hiding with a bat, but possesions are&#39;nt worth more than a human life even if the little shit should&#39;nt have been there&#33;&#33;

I can see both sides to this so this is all I&#39;m going to say&#33;

Thankyou, take care of yourselfs...........aaaand each other :)

Jonno B)

Curley
06-19-2003, 09:15 AM
When your fearing for your life, i&#39;m sure you&#39;ll do anything. I would.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@19 June 2003 - 09:14

Give them a good hiding with a bat
leave that one up to tha bats ;)

ill give em a beatin no problem :D :D

i could have bludgeoned half to death those burglars that took all that stuff from our house...... :lol:

chalice
06-19-2003, 09:19 AM
My mum&#39;s house was burgled 2 weeks ago.
It was friends of my little brother.
They haven&#39;t been seen since.
But what goes around comes around, especially in Belfast.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 09:15
When your fearing for your life, i&#39;m sure you&#39;ll do anything. I would.
So what makes you so certain, curley, that he was fearing his life?

Were they running for him at the time of the shooting, in a blazing fury, waving their arms and shouting, whilst holding weapons?

Thats what would make me fear my life, but does anyone know the exact goings-on that night?

soopaman
06-19-2003, 09:24 AM
What was a "career criminal" like Brendon Fearon doing taking a 15 year old child with him on " a job"??? HE should be prosecuted for manslaughter&#33;&#33; :angry: Let&#39;s face it by the time the Police got there ( if you rang them ) the crims would be LONG GONE&#33;&#33;&#33; Face it, the Police and Courts are no real deterrent to determined criminals - I&#39;m NOT advocating Capital Punishment at all, that doesn&#39;t work at all - but something has to be done - build more prisons, have a more streamlined judicial system and LIFE means LIFE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Freeing up the Police from needless paperwork and politically correct training courses would also help a lot. Blair has lost the plot with this, his fucking wife makes a fortune from it so why bother killing the Golden Goose? Don&#39;t get me started about Asylum Seekers&#33;&#33; :angry: :lol: :angry: :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by soopaman@19 June 2003 - 09:24
Blair has lost the plot with this, his fucking wife makes a fortune from it so why bother killing the Golden Goose?
:lol: :lol:
now that is true &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Paul_NFFC
06-19-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+19 June 2003 - 09:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 19 June 2003 - 09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Curley@19 June 2003 - 08:53

I think not. [/b][/quote]
yeah well maybe if the thieveing bastards werent breaking into his house then he wouldent have had 2 shoot them

shame he didnt kill both of the thiving bastards :angry: :angry: i been burgled multiple times and the police do fuckall in uk..if i ever caught them in my house they be leaving in a bodybag the little cunts :angry: :angry:

tony martin needs 2 be freed now, this countrys crime is very bad now (it is in nottingham anyway dunno bout everywhere else) full of heroin addicts which leads 2 them all shoplifting,burgling houses, stealing cars etc to sell to raise drug funds and somthing needs 2 be done e.g bigger prison sentances

Curley
06-19-2003, 09:28 AM
The guys were armed with screw drivers..... he didn&#39;t know if they were going to be used or not.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@19 June 2003 - 09:26

tony martin needs 2 be freed now, this countrys crime is very bad now (it is in nottingham anyway dunno bout everywhere else) full of heroin addicts which leads 2 them all shoplifting,burgling houses, stealing cars etc to sell to raise drug funds and somthing needs 2 be done e.g bigger prison sentances
"shame he didnt kill both the bastards"?? What ?&#33;&#33;

Should we kill all the heroin addicts as well then to get rid of them, if they are such a problem? As this leads them to burglary, and you say Martin should have killed these other two, are you advocating we should kill all burglars who enter our homes?

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 09:28
The guys were armed with screw drivers..... he didn&#39;t know if they were going to be used or not.
Personally, i wouldnt fear my life if they had screwdrivers. And he was a much older (and still is&#33;)man than me at the time.

Im not denying i would be terrified, but i would never go to those lengths.

I am sane&#33;

Does this excuse him shooting them? No &#33;

A gun is more dangerous (and scary) than a screwdriver(edit:not a gun&#33;&#33;).

Curley
06-19-2003, 09:45 AM
A screwdriver can kill. Tony Martin didn&#39;t know what was going to happen next....

"The Englishmans Home Is His Castle"

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 09:45
A screwdriver can kill. Tony Martin didn&#39;t know what was going to happen next....

"The Englishmans Home Is His Castle"
Yeah it can kill, but its not as scary as someone pointing a gun at you....

Im an Irishman and my home is my castle too, but i would never, ever, take a gun and shoot someone, it is madness and Mr Martin is not normal mentally, its plain and simple to see.

How can people excuse his actions ?

It baffles me