PDA

View Full Version : Maya 5

Storm-Boy
06-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Howdy

Just wondering if any one has seen Maya 5 in the journeys of the internet??

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance guys and Gals

Stormy
:D

gadfly
06-20-2003, 10:53 PM
There's a copy on edonkey 600.54 MB's. SN included (rumour has it) . Can't say if it works as the download is still in progress - and it's taking forever . It's the only place I've seen it thus far.

Gadfly

Illuminati
06-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Yep - It's available on FastTrack, but the problem with it is that there's isn't many copies of it on the network (The dominating version of Maya for FastTrack is still 4.5)

Have a look on the Sharedonkey network - Use eMule for that (check in Filesharing for details of how); it's literally splattered all over the place there.

But still, I'd prefer 3DS Max 5.1 over Maya 5 (both are resource hogs on my PC, but 3DS is the lesser of two evils :))

Xilo
06-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Ya, right now I have Maya 5 Unlimited installed and 3ds Max 5.1 installed. I tend to prefer using 3ds Max because the ui and workflow just seem right. Maya might have more built in features like easy fluids, hair, prebuilt shaders, etc. but I can&#39;t seem to adjust to Maya&#39;s workflow. To me, 3ds Max is just a whole lot easier to use and with the right plugins, it can be just as good as Maya. I&#39;ve also tried Lightwave 7.0 at school and god that was crap, couldnt even figure out how to make a damn box <_<. Oh and btw, you can&#39;t just use a serial number for Maya. You need a license generator because it uses a serial that is created from your hardware on your computer so it&#39;s impossible to just include a generic serial number.

Storm-Boy
06-23-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up boys.
I&#39;ll be looking into edonky right away.

I&#39;ve been a Max user since 3 came out but i need Maya to create some stuff that Max 5.1 can&#39;t. Mostly fur effects and stuff.
Shag fur is good but i&#39;d like to try the fur tool in Maya.

Plus i want to test out Renderman 4.5

Cheers again guys

Stormy
:)