PDA

View Full Version : Renting Sever!! Help :)

Bo$$4Life
07-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey people,

I am looking to rent the best possible box.....with best company! i would like your help to find one! i am new to this! so tell me weather i would have to set it up! and cost and letting somone else acess it! and all other things i need to know! I am looking for it quicky! all the help appriciated!

Thanks in advance!
;)

josephs911
07-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Well First it depends on how much you wanna $pend, company's like leeware are cheap and dont offer the best but are good for tight budgets. A Place like Leaseweb or Vectoral is more for people who have the money to shell out between $70-$150 a month and offer great speeds. While leeware starts at like $20.

Yes you would have to set it up but buggyme has made a great tutorial about how to setup utorrent on a linux box.

Read that article here! (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620)

Letting someone else access is as easy as creating a new user with non root permissions in linux. Now if you go with a windows box Utorrent install is easy and user configuration is also easy.

Hope this helps :D

clos
07-14-2007, 05:33 PM
wasn't there a sticky with hosting companies or something....

Bo$$4Life
07-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Well First it depends on how much you wanna $pend

um 20 to 40'sh $ ...also dont like to deal with bunch of technical b$ :) easy the better!

i seen that but i want feedback from people who actually owns it and know the best one! more people that have experinced with renting and using servers! i mean sticky helps but this helps a Lot :01:

BamZow
07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
um 20 to 40'sh $ ...also dont like to deal with bunch of technical b$ :) easy the better!

You are looking for the best possible seedbox, but you donīt want to spend more than 20-40 bucks?

Good luck in finding the best possible then...

Cybel
07-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Cheapest windows license is like $15 month alone so if you want cheap you will need to go linux.

josephs911
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM

i seen that but i want feedback from people who actually owns it and know the best one! more people that have experinced with renting and using servers! i mean sticky helps but this helps a Lot :01:
unfortunately for that price all you can get really is a leeware or comparable product.

Gosht
07-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Leeware seams to be good its just 20 bucks/month but its Linux.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/misc.php?do=leeware

clos
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
You get what you pay for, for 20-40$ you won't be able to get a dedicated server, you'll be able to get a VPS, or a Virtual Private Server. Which means its like having your own server, but its really a virtual machine on a machine that you share with other people who are renting VPS's. This can effect your overall speed.

My experience with leeware was very pour, so pour that after the first month I canceled my subscription. It was cheap, and it was unlimited bandwidth, but I couldn't get upload speeds over 1 MB/s and the box went down, literally every other day.

Bo$$4Life
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
ok forget the 20 to 40$....what's the some of best ones avalible? and how much do they run?

BamZow
07-14-2007, 08:25 PM
ok forget the 20 to 40$....what's the some of best ones avalible? and how much do they run?

Google for them and you will find a lot.
You can count on prices $120-150 a month for 100mbit unmetered dedicated server. Also, it use to be a setup fee of 100-150 bucks.
But that are for the more cheaper ones. If you are looking for the best, you have to cough up 1200-1500 bucks a month.

Leeware would do the trick for your use I guess.

Cybel
07-14-2007, 08:32 PM
The thing most people don't understand is unmetered 100mbit for under $600 a month means you are sharing your 100mbit line. Certainly it can work out good but nothing stops the provider from putting tons of people on the line.

Most people like the idea of not having a bandwidth limit but most people would do fine with 2 or 3 TB up a month and to get that on a provider like Leaseweb or Vectoral is not a problem(you get dedicated 100mbit port for your bandwidth allocation).

The best thing about going with the highest burst capability too is when you start on a new torrent, the people who can upload the fastest make out the best so you may have an unmetered 100mbit line but the guy with a dedicated line for 2 or 3 TB will be able to upload at his line's full capacity while you will be sharing your bandwidth during that time.

Bo$$4Life
07-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks for help people!

Xtremist
07-15-2007, 05:28 AM
I am trying a new server and will get a discount coupon + customised server.I will make a full reviw within 24 hrs then check back

jam0980tr
07-15-2007, 05:34 AM
check up on my poster help on renting a new seedboxs ur help is there i got softlayer its the best seedboxs iv had in a long it 1 giga line
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-guys-need-your-help-rentting-new-seedboxs-out-203937

mbucari1
07-15-2007, 05:49 AM
A note for people looking for an "easy" setup. Ease of use and price are directly related. The more you spend, the more user friendly it is (ie. hardware more reliable, network more reliable, familiar windows OS instead of linux). Conversely, the less $$$ you spend the more complicated things get (ie. cheap components, flakey network, linix OS).

Weigh your options. Do you have more money than time/patience/computer expertise?

I know it's subjective, but these are the questions you need to ask yourself.

limpdickkid
07-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Try Hosting-IE, their VPS Raptor 5 seems like what you'd be interested in. It'll be around $50 but it comes with Windows, so I guess it's worth taking a look. They also have a small setup fee, 5 euros I believe for VPS, but I guess you can squeeze it in with your budget.

Check it out here: http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/

mbucari1
07-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Try Hosting-IE, their VPS Raptor 5 seems like what you'd be interested in. It'll be around $50 but it comes with Windows, so I guess it's worth taking a look. They also have a small setup fee, 5 euros I believe for VPS, but I guess you can squeeze it in with your budget.WOW! that loks great to replace my leaseweb box :) Question though, is can you reach 100Mbps out of house?

limpdickkid
07-15-2007, 08:09 AM
no idea. i dont use seedbox. But it says there that the 100mbit is on the master server, so that means the maximum you can reach is 100mbit but it will iusually be less than that. it depends on the other users on the server. It's just like "dedibox" you dont get 100mbit, you usually get around 30-50mbit. So it's probably the same here.