PDA

View Full Version : *official Star Wars Chat Thread: Episode 3 An More

Schmiggy_JK23
06-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Okay.

My last major contribution thread wise, the reloaded thread seems to have been a big hit. So I did some thinking. I spend some time at star wars forums, and I thought, we need more star wars content here, as could discuss and debate the finer points of star wars all day.

*WARNING* Theres a good chance you will find spoilers here, so if you want to stay spoiler free, you might wanna stay out.

So this thread, is for star wars, Episode 3 will be the main topic, but any star wars chat is welcome. If you dont have anything positive to say, then stay out. Its that easy...

Any how. To start off discussion on the GREATEST movies of all time:

Episode 3 will be released memorial week May 2005. Some of the latest news includes the fact that Chewbacca will be making some form of an appearence. George Lucas has stated this will be the "darkest" of all the star wars films... and for us to not expect a happy ending from this one... a very "empire strikes back" type vibe. The movie starts off with a huge battle at the end of the clone wars. Of course we all know Anakin will turn fully to the darkside in this film. James Earl Jones has also been brought in to do the voice of vader... yet he said it was a very small part... so odds are, we wont see much of vader/anakin in the suit. Rumor has it the film will end with someone dropping anakin and padmes kids off to their respect homes. Also, we know most of the jedi have to die.

And if any one brings up the palpatine is a clone concept, I will wring your neck! lol... j/k

well, thats it for now... i have tons of material to tell you guys about, so I will pop in and out... so lets keep this running for the next 2 years!

Nevin
06-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Episode I and II were good but I think Lucas was trying to change Star Wars too much. BUT I have a really good feeling that Episode III will be amazing, explain so much, and have some great battle's. I can't wait to see what he has in store for all the die hard fans

ck-uk
06-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Ye' the origy starwars r superb and amongst my fav films of all time.I havnt really seen the new ones yet,except on vhs pirate which aint much good.But what i saw i wasnt to stuck ..they seem to lack that spacey sci-fi adventure feel,and more around the characters.I 'm planin on gettin them soon on dvd so i'll watch them properly..

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 10:33 AM
So whats the official (if any yet) release date for Episode 3 ?

Do we have to wait like another year !?

Paul_NFFC
06-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@20 June 2003 - 11:33
So whats the official (if any yet) release date for Episode 3 ?

Do we have to wait like another year !?
notice in the 1st post he said this

"Episode 3 will be released memorial week May 2005"

justin89
06-20-2003, 02:03 PM
I think it's the 25th anniversery of the origonal, thats why their releasing it then.

Skillian
06-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Another 2 years?! :o

That is ridiculous, way too late.

caffeineaddict
06-20-2003, 03:43 PM
I have a cheesy script that I found online on Kazaa about episode 3 (made in the EARLY days, like in the 80's). I've also got one on reloaded, that has given me some ideas as to how unplugged/revolutions must probably be going. They may have changed some details in reloaded (from the script), and added some in revolutions, so the script I got from Kazaa about episode 3 will probably be semi-accurate as well. We see some "dark crystal" or something like that that may play a part in strengthening the powers of the sith, but I think this is destroyed. If you're interested, I can post the hash of it for all of you peeps out there. I hear in the script, that Anakin gets thrown into a really hot situation, and that's why he's been burned. He's taken to like, "monks" that rebuild the rest of his body, and save him from the very pit of death. He learns that the monks are just working for the dark emperor Palpatine after he becomes truly subserviant. I know more, but hey, even though it's an old script, it's probably hearsay, but it paints a great picture in my mind about how it'll play out.

ezyryder
06-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Two years to wait for star-wars, sigh... As long as it isn't as bad as the previous two, then the wait will be just (I hope).

What do you think his flaws were in the latest two? I personally think he was trying to move the age-group to younger children (perhaps he beleived in marketing etc there would be more money made out of impressionable youth?) Anyway, I think Star-Wars has lost its "saga" feel. If rumours are true, Lucas (pending sales) will make Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 to make it a 9 episode saga!?

I think if Lucas forgets about his new graphics technolagy (to an extent), gets the famous anthemes in his new movie (like the imperial march, amazing tune!) and begins to look not at the simplistic intrest for kids but the continuation of a saga, making the story a fantasy-adventure (which Lord of the rings has managed) then I feel it will help re-capture the mind of its viewers causing his story to be reborn.

or, I could be rambling crap... either way, hopefuly it will spark up convo.

Nevin
06-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ezyryder@20 June 2003 - 18:17
Anyway, I think Star-Wars has lost its "saga" feel. If rumours are true, Lucas (pending sales) will make Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 to make it a 9 episode saga!?

Nope, he said that Episode III will be his last film. I just hope it's better, even with Yoda's amazing fight, it just didn't "feel" like Star Wars.

superduperman
06-20-2003, 06:33 PM
yes but lucas did orig write 9 episodes to to the star wars and had to start at number 4 because of the lack of tech available

so if this is going to be the last one that lucas makes then it will be interesting to see if he allows other directors/producers make the outstanding three

personaley i would like to see the L.O.R. Director (cant think of is name right now)do it

Schmiggy_JK23
06-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Well I throughly enjoyed AOTC. Sure the movie started off a bit slow... but the second half was phenomenal. Did george go a bit heavy on the CGI, ya, probably, but it was still a site to behold.

Yes, episode 3 is his last movie in the star wars saga.

All in all, at this point, the new trilogy isnt as good as the first, I dont think it will reach that same status, but then we have to think, most of the "old star wars fans", saw the movies at a younger, more impresionable, less critical age... maybe giving us a slanted view of the new trilogy???

Schmiggy_JK23
06-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by superduperman@20 June 2003 - 13:33
yes but lucas did orig write 9 episodes to to the star wars and had to start at number 4 because of the lack of tech available

so if this is going to be the last one that lucas makes then it will be interesting to see if he allows other directors/producers make the outstanding three

personaley i would like to see the L.O.R. Director (cant think of is name right now)do it
That director is peter jackson.

He wont give the directing rights to any one... maybe Rick Mccallum, the producer, but its highly unlikely, and we just have to accept that this will be the last one... :(

slimboyfatz
06-20-2003, 08:06 PM
I think Lucas did try to go with a younger age range with Phantom Menace but u see this was gonna happen anyway (bringin' in younger viewers i mean) because u had this young boy playin' Anakin that kids would relate to, its sci-fi anyway (spaceships & rayguns) and also because the Star Wars franchise is so friggin massive with the TOYS probably being the biggest seller, kids buy toys simple as that....Now u look at AOTC and see that Lucas kerbed the kiddie stuff a little (anakin grew up, jar-jar took a back seat) and that the films r becoming a little more grown up and darker like the original trilogy were (well Empire anyway)..Big Star Wars fan myself, remember seeing the 1st movie around 1980 on VHS and was hooked..great now to see my own kids watching the new Trilogy on DVD and themselves getting hooked (ya gotta see their lightsaber battles with drinks bottles..puts Star Wars Kid to shame)...Seeya!!! ;)

N.B. Schmiggy i know u r a big star wars fan like myself, but the producers Rick Mccallum, just clearin' that one up (send to room, no supper) ;)

randomguy
06-20-2003, 08:19 PM
I think it might be better than the last two star wars movies but only if George Lucas hires a decent script writer. He can't write decent dialogue to save himself.

It's the last star wars movie.....it has to be good.

caffeineaddict
06-20-2003, 08:24 PM
It's not gonna be good, and you know why? becuase I was fully waiting for the other 3 episodes after this. No matter how good this is, it's going to be disappointing.

Schmiggy_JK23
06-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by slimboyfatz@20 June 2003 - 15:06
N.B. Schmiggy i know u r a big star wars fan like myself, but the producers Rick Mccallum, just clearin' that one up (send to room, no supper) ;)
Ya, i know that... im retarded... i was talking to my buddy jack at the time, and for some reason, it just came out that way, lol.

awfullwaffle919
06-20-2003, 09:42 PM
I bet you all the money in the world that by popular demand, Lucas will make the remaining Star Wars movies, sometime a few years from now probably, to fully truely finish it off.

Schmiggy_JK23
06-20-2003, 10:28 PM
I can almost promise you he wont.

he has stated repeatedly that he has spent enough of his life on star wars, though he enjoys it, he has so many other movie ideas, and things he wants to get to, and doesnt want to be bogged down with another 9-10 of star wars production for 3 movies...

sorry man.

Nevin
06-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Plus.. He's getting old, and if they were going to make the 3 more. He would basically be starting off from the beginning. I mean all new characters would have to be added, you would still have the same base (Republic Vs. Empire) but there would be too many new things.

Now anybody have any spoilers?
:lol:

Nevin
06-21-2003, 09:55 PM
sry. double post :(

JaVnI
06-21-2003, 10:00 PM
These days the movieworld is full of official threads! Is this the new trend?

puk:))
06-21-2003, 10:46 PM
The only thing that'll stop lucas making 7,8 & 9 will be his death!

& dont think for a second its "for the fans" or any shit like that.......... when it comes to lucas its all about the $$$$$!

i think the animated series should be worth a look but he'll problem turn that in to a steaming pile of crap too (like he did to our childhoods when he made ep1).

(for anyone who doesnt know lucas is making a 70ish part animated series to bridge the gap between ep2 & ep3)

ezyryder
06-21-2003, 10:56 PM
really? What forced him to do this? Did he accidently blow £20 trillion on cloud insurance? Why does he want the money form the series? I remember the days way before episode 1, ah they were good days for star-wars.

Evil Fish
06-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by caffeineaddict@20 June 2003 - 15:43
I have a cheesy script that I found online on Kazaa about episode 3 (made in the EARLY days, like in the 80's). I've also got one on reloaded, that has given me some ideas as to how unplugged/revolutions must probably be going. They may have changed some details in reloaded (from the script), and added some in revolutions, so the script I got from Kazaa about episode 3 will probably be semi-accurate as well. We see some "dark crystal" or something like that that may play a part in strengthening the powers of the sith, but I think this is destroyed. If you're interested, I can post the hash of it for all of you peeps out there. I hear in the script, that Anakin gets thrown into a really hot situation, and that's why he's been burned. He's taken to like, "monks" that rebuild the rest of his body, and save him from the very pit of death. He learns that the monks are just working for the dark emperor Palpatine after he becomes truly subserviant. I know more, but hey, even though it's an old script, it's probably hearsay, but it paints a great picture in my mind about how it'll play out.
I think you're refering to the screen play that was released a couple years ago. I've read this as well, it is actually just a story written from information from the original comic books written by George Lucas, (at leaste)from what you have said I can tell you that it is fairly accurate having read all of the original comics myself. he falls into a pit of like lava or something, the monks are sith. I've posted a little more about this stuff in another thread where someone asked about how anakin was turned to the darkside.