PDA

View Full Version : FTN should have seeding bonuses

Tiffany
07-15-2007, 11:24 AM
1. This will solve the 4,000+ torrents with 1 or 2 seeders.
2. This will create more activity since even if you have a slow connection and/or few leechers on that particular torrent, in time you'll get a 1:1 because of the seeding bonus.

FTN's a good site but the lack of leechers just turn me off. I only go there to check the freebies and boost my ratio. No way I'm gonna download a rls there when if I just wait 10-15mins. later, it'll show up on TL and I'll have absolutely no problems seeding it back (and the speed will be almost the same).

EDIT:

* Example of the bonus system (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-ftn-should-have-seeding-bonuses-post2130575/postcount9)
* Why this would be a good idea (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-ftn-should-have-seeding-bonuses-post2130597/postcount11) and another example (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-ftn-should-have-seeding-bonuses-post2130638/postcount15)

resigned
07-15-2007, 11:33 AM
You're right. The question is: What is better? Owning an account on a top tracker, or using an account on a top tracker? Some people prefer owning.

saulin
07-15-2007, 11:42 AM
For me using it :)

That's why I have said a few times. I don't care about Exigo, UK-T, FTWR and not much about FTN either.

And I say all trackers where is hard to see should have seeding bonus system. It does rewards users for seeding and also makes people want to seed more as well. I seeded some torrents at Oink for many weeks just to get maybe 100 megs uploaded. Unless is something I uploaded myself people just don't seem to leech. However Oink does have very low ratio requierements. Other trackers where is so hard to see should have a seeding bonus system though. For example X264 does and it sure helps a lot.

TR should have seeding bonus system imo. Damn it can be so hard to seed there.

nemesi54
07-15-2007, 11:43 AM
What is wrong with you ppl???:O

The last days everyone are talking for FTN not in a good way...:huh:

If you got some proposions for the site then go to their site Forums or IRC...

simple thing...

0sec
07-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Its a good idea imo.
Lets wait until Brandon reads this

saulin
07-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't think a bonus system is a bad thing at all nemesi54 and you didn't have to post the same thing 4 times.

resigned
07-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't know, what's wrong in suggesting some ideas in connection with a tracker. The first post was about how Tiffany would enjoy better FTN, it was a simple idea, didn't sound like a complaint. My post was about snob people, who don't care about using a site, they just wanna own an account, because they think, it makes them elite. On the other hand I don't have FTN, so I couldn't write about that tracker, I can only write about peoples mentality. That's all.

Roark
07-15-2007, 12:13 PM
A) If you seed back everything for 72 hours +, in practice, you don't have to worry about your ratioB) Seeding freebies should give you more than enough ratio

Tiffany
07-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Something like 10MB/hr I think would be ideal. So if you seed something for 24 straight hours, even if there's no leecher, you will have 240MB of bonus upload credit. You don't want to overdo it and give a seeding bonus of 25MB or 50MB per hour because if you do, majority will cap their upload speed and just rely on the seeding bonus.

RainRoofer
07-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Seeding bonus is only for small trackers with very small userbase and no leachers at all.FTN doesn't need that especially when they have freebies.

Tiffany
07-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Seeding bonus is only for small trackers with very small userbase and no leachers at all.

Exactly! Please check the torrents page and you'll see that most of the torrents have only been snatched less than 5 times. A lot even have 0 snatches!

http://i1.uploadem.com/07152007/th/20070715084616.png (http://www.uploadem.com/view/121981)

Pr0n with ZERO snatches?!? Really? On a lot of sites, pr0n is a ratio booster since it's almost guaranteed to have a lot of snatches. You don't think FTN has a problem with leechers? Why do you think they increased the userbase? Come on, Corey...

freedom
07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Seeding bonus it's a easy system that you can cheat - you can limited your upload speed.. or just put pause on torrents and so on.. anyway i think that are many disadvantages on this system.
If you have FTN it's supposed that you already had a very high speed connection 100 Mbs or something like this in the case if you are there only for torrents and their pre's.
FTN it's a 0day tracker so they don't need to have a large number of active torrents, if u are looking for old releases search them on a specific tracker.
Also this problem it's a site related one.. so discus about it on their irc or forums.. here.. you only got some unnecessary posts.

Tiffany
07-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Seeding bonus it's a easy system that you can cheat - you can limited your upload speed.. or just put pause on torrents and so on..

Thank you for pointing out to me what I already pointed out in my other post in the first page. :pinch:

Something like 10MB/hr I think would be ideal. So if you seed something for 24 straight hours, even if there's no leecher, you will have 240MB of bonus upload credit. You don't want to overdo it and give a seeding bonus of 25MB or 50MB per hour because if you do, majority will cap their upload speed and just rely on the seeding bonus.

mforcex
07-15-2007, 12:52 PM
it doesnt matter if those old torrents have seeders since no one leeches

Tiffany
07-15-2007, 12:58 PM
it doesnt matter if those old torrents have seeders since no one leeches

You think no one wants to leech those "old" iMDB packs or any other "older" packs? What about new users who just joined FTN and wants to leech Family.Guy.Volumes.1-4.Boxsets.DVDr-FTN (1 seeder, 50GB) or Friday.The.13th.BOXSET.PAL.DVDR-NEOTERiC (1 seeder, 39GB) just two name two examples?

We should just laugh at them because they joined too late? Seriously?

EDIT: Some of the packs that would benefit from the seeding bonus:

http://i1.uploadem.com/07152007/th/20070715091403.png (http://www.uploadem.com/view/122042)

Some of the best stuff to download but with very few seeders on them, it'll take MONTHS to download those 30GB+ packs! I wonder what the speeds are on those torrents...

Vidde
07-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Seeding bonus is only for small trackers with very small userbase and no leachers at all.FTN doesn't need that especially when they have freebies.
100% agreed. FTN have freebies all the time, they do -not- need any form for bonuses, everyone are able to seed at the tracker with all those freebies if you just have some patience..

-Vidde

Tiffany
07-15-2007, 01:03 PM
100% agreed. FTN have freebies all the time, they do -not- need any form for bonuses, everyone are able to seed at the tracker with all those freebies if you just have some patience..

-Vidde

Wow, the same stuff just keeps getting repeated over and over again. Sorry to bother you all with this thread... out.

mforcex
07-15-2007, 01:04 PM

-Vidde

Wow, the same stuff just keeps getting repeated over and over again. Sorry to bother you all with this thread... out.
Women...

nemesi54
07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't think a bonus system is a bad thing at all nemesi54 and you didn't have to post the same thing 4 times.

I didn't say its a bad thing...

i said that she should post her thoughts at the sites forum or on irc...

P.S: Sorry for the multiple posts but every time i clicked submit my post wasn't there.......:(

RainRoofer
07-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Tiffany, you totally overlooked part with freebies, that's the most important part why seeding bonus doesn't need to be implemeneted.

jam0980tr
07-15-2007, 04:55 PM
guys i seen if you keep on downloading free you will get banned i see some members name as freeloader and banned ? is that cuz they just leech free not the normal well i hit both free and normal torrent show that am useing site not just 4 free leeching any feedback on this reply i like 2 know

on ftn normal torrent if it had a lil bonuses wood be gud and freelech no bonuses

optimus_prime
07-15-2007, 05:00 PM
nah, freebes ain't the same league. freebees boost particular torrents and user ratios, not overall number of seeds on torrents.

seeding bunuses are nice idea tiffany, for every tracker, not just ftn, but i wouldn't hold my breath as it needs aditional coding and resources.

eyejade
07-15-2007, 05:08 PM
the whole power of bittorrent is the user base .. that is why public trackers have old stuff seeded for a very long time ..

but FTN is a small private tracker with quality stuff and nice security .. it isnt for evey one ... i mean i still use FTN even when i can easily get all the releases from TL .. but i am more concerened about the security ..

they have a nice system now .. the freebie + 72 hour H&R ..

again .. FTN isnt for everyone .. !!

router2004
07-15-2007, 06:17 PM
lol
watta joke!
How many torrents without mp3 on FTN?

yoyogi4
07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I want to confirm this....can something let me in?? :) (Nice try huh?)

KevinGarnet
07-15-2007, 07:38 PM
mm.. tracker is the best.. like ScT.. but really in it i can't found many seeders.. so i thin this is good idea.. can it be allowed for some time and if it don't change anything it should be removed.. that's my opinion..

Sa0siN
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
i sorta agree with the starter. most of the time i only get freebies from ftn cause of the leechers situation and having to seed for 72 hours cause it is almost impossible to get back to 1:1 before that on 1.35gb+ files (2cd xvid) cause everyone with a seeding server gets all the upload credit (on freebies its pretty easy to get back too 1:1 on a good torrent)..i like the site a lot and visit it multiple times each day but im not gonig to seed something for 72 hours straight when i can just get it from ScT and get to 1:1 within a day.

i dont have the bandwidth to seed that long on a torrent. i have friends that get music from my personal ftp and they hate it when they only get 20kbps or less cause i am forced to seed torrents all the time.

overall, it is still the best torrent site imo but i rahter use ScT cause i dont have to seed as long

WHRST
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
IMO seeding bonuses r to easily abused by users. I really do not have a problem with seeding for 72hrs, there is no harm in just leaving it seeding is there? I do have alot of space to seed & dl to though.

xmz
07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
i sorta agree with the starter. most of the time i only get freebies from ftn cause of the leechers situation and having to seed for 72 hours cause it is almost impossible to get back to 1:1 before that on 1.35gb+ files (2cd xvid) cause everyone with a seeding server gets all the upload credit (on freebies its pretty easy to get back too 1:1 on a good torrent)..i like the site a lot and visit it multiple times each day but im not gonig to seed something for 72 hours straight when i can just get it from ScT and get to 1:1 within a day.

i dont have the bandwidth to seed that long on a torrent. i have friends that get music from my personal ftp and they hate it when they only get 20kbps or less cause i am forced to seed torrents all the time.

overall, it is still the best torrent site imo but i rahter use ScT cause i dont have to seed as long

You do not have to seed 72 hours straight on FTN. You may seed for an hour after you're done, stop the torrent and come back within a reasonable amount of time to seed the remaining amount. It has to be at least 72 hours of cumulative seeding.

Ratzy Rox
07-15-2007, 11:40 PM
FTN is by far the easiest tracker to keep a decent ratio on ive ever found. Half the torrents are freebies for gods sake!

Sa0siN
07-15-2007, 11:46 PM

You do not have to seed 72 hours straight on FTN. You may seed for an hour after you're done, stop the torrent and come back within a reasonable amount of time to seed the remaining amount. It has to be at least 72 hours of cumulative seeding.

my friend was banned for stopping seeding for a total of 8 hours (overnight) and he was a power user..and still you have to do 72 hours until the thing on your history page is alright..and to the guy above this post, im not complaining about ratio there. my ratio is over 10 with about 300gb uploaded..the amount of seeding time is too high though and the way they have it obviously doesnt work because there are hardly any leechers unless it is freeleech or a good movie is upped like 5 minutes after it is released

phrenzy
07-16-2007, 12:35 AM
FTN is by far the easiest tracker to keep a decent ratio on ive ever found. Half the torrents are freebies for gods sake!

I fully agree. Very easy to keep a good ratio there........

xmz
07-16-2007, 12:40 AM

my friend was banned for stopping seeding for a total of 8 hours (overnight) and he was a power user..and still you have to do 72 hours until the thing on your history page is alright..and to the guy above this post, im not complaining about ratio there. my ratio is over 10 with about 300gb uploaded..the amount of seeding time is too high though and the way they have it obviously doesnt work because there are hardly any leechers unless it is freeleech or a good movie is upped like 5 minutes after it is released

You have to do 72 hours OR 1:1. Not 72 hours straight.

optimus_prime
07-16-2007, 12:50 AM

it's usualy 72 hours straight with more or less tolerance for breaks. if it was other way around you could seed 1sec and say you gonna seed 72 hours in year or two.

xmz
07-16-2007, 12:53 AM

it's usualy 72 hours straight with more or less tolerance for breaks. if it was other way around you could seed 1sec and say you gonna seed 72 hours in year or two.

Sorry, that's not how it works. It's not 72 hours straight.

Ac3Dunk
07-16-2007, 01:19 AM
by myself sometimes i shutdown my PC or i exit utorrent to download from others source and i never seed 72Hs straight in FTN , never get a warning or a PM asking me to seed back , just seed 1h after the snatch and you are ok, if you got any PM asking you to seedback or a warning, join #FTN-support and discut your problem with staff they are very friendly, just avoid Zephyr :ph34r:

jam0980tr
07-16-2007, 01:35 AM

I fully agree. Very easy to keep a good ratio there........

Same here its dam easy 2 seedbak 1.1 with a seedboxs try it with normal upload speed wiv 72k up its dam hard !!!!