PDA

View Full Version : Gay's In Eastenders ?!

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 06:43 PM
As I watch a popular soap in the UK, "Eastenders", i see that trusty old Derek ;) ;)
Has started to "swing for the same team"

Or is it "bat for the same side"?

I believe some people have raised concerns over the portrayel of Gay's on the TV, and the potential it has to harm young children by them watching it.

I, myself, just watched a scene which included a "grasp" between old Derek ;) ;)
and his "friend".

Does this sicken you?

Spindulik
06-19-2003, 06:47 PM
You need to watch "Queer as Folk". Popular gay TV series in the USA on ShowTime cable TV.

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@19 June 2003 - 18:47
You need to watch "Queer as Folk". Popular gay TV series in the USA on ShowTime cable TV.
that show originated in the UK

Lilmiss
06-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@19 June 2003 - 18:47
that was fantastic. i demanded silence when it was on. :D

i miss that show. :( i have the box video set though, and watch it whenever i need a good giggle. the first episode was a bit rude, but i think that was for a purpose. you have to have an opinion then, dontcha? :huh:

fugley
06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Gay stuff does happen in nature so to some extent it must be natural.

Don't want to see it overtly, particulary, but I did have a close gay friend once. We were fine once he told me I was safe cos I wasn't his type (actually he said I was pig ugly!) Felt secure about my own sexuality, (which is straight ), enough to go round his flat many times for a meal with just me and him for the evening.

No I aint got a problem with gays - actually I found that the ones I have known have been quite talented people - and I don't just mean in the arse reaming department!

Proper Bo
06-19-2003, 07:05 PM
hehe arse-reaming :lol:

I got no problem with it though. BTW, watching Eastenders there Billy, does that not tell you something, you thilly goothe :P

chalice
06-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Eastenders sickens me full stop.
Its a reflection of the shite on tv that we get a gay tussle at 7.30pm just to boost ratings.
Who's Derek anyway?

fugley
06-19-2003, 07:12 PM
One thing I really aint keen on about gay men - this will sound like a joke but it aint I swear.

They do fart a lot! Well the "takers" do at least.... and yes I know most men fart a lot and take great pride in playing the arse trumpet! But gay takers are fairly renown for involuntary farting or trumpeting! I arsume it's somthing to do with the stretching of the muscles of the anus!

See! informative and educational! - watch out you new gays - just be aware of the facts!

Bet PB/JP/mediawotsit dont fart and even if he (they) does (do) bet it don't smell!

Lilmiss
06-19-2003, 07:18 PM
oh fugley, :x

once again your intelligence surpasses you.

fugley
06-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by lilmiss@19 June 2003 - 19:18
oh fugley, :x

once again your intelligence surpasses you.
Why you little cuty you is impressed huh? ;)

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by chalice@19 June 2003 - 19:12
Eastenders sickens me full stop.
Its a reflection of the shite on tv that we get a gay tussle at 7.30pm just to boost ratings.
Who's Derek anyway?
hey old chalice mucker!

calm her
down!

its only on in the background!!

I personally have nothing against gay's - the gay people i have met have been fine.

And no fugley!!

The shit of the pedantic fart-heads smell sweeter than all o us !!!!!!!!!

Spindulik
06-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 12:02
Gay stuff does happen in nature so to some extent it must be natural...

P2P does happen in nature, so to some extent it must be natural.

Neighbors murdering neighbors does happen in nature, so to some extent it must be natural.

No offense to the gays, of course. I just felt like using that fuglyism in a few other ways.

chalice
06-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Wotcha Bill.
Just to qualify, I've nothing against gays either.
But the people who make these programmes are quite aware of their shock-value and so exploit it to its full extent.
I don't know who Derek is but I'm willing to bet his coming out raised a few eyebrows, so to speak. Is it the one who was shacking up with Pauline?
If so, well there you go, couldn't blame the poor bugger.

Lilmiss
06-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 19:20

ermmm...

...SAVE ME SOMEONE!..... :D

i have loads of gay mates, they seem to flock round me as im a drama queen. :P the only strange thing is when the start dating each other.

and eastenders? has life came to that point already cbb? ;) the whole thing is based on shakespears tragedies and bad acting. how i hate it. :huh:

fugley
06-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by lilmiss+19 June 2003 - 19:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lilmiss @ 19 June 2003 - 19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fugley@19 June 2003 - 19:20

ermmm...

...SAVE ME SOMEONE&#33;..... :D

i have loads of gay mates, they seem to flock round me as im a drama queen. :P the only strange thing is when the start dating each other.

and eastenders? has life came to that point already cbb? ;) the whole thing is based on shakespears tragedies and bad acting. how i hate it. :huh: [/b][/quote]
You could convert them to the deliberate farters brigade - just show em dat pic of dat belly of yers&#33; And while yer at it I could do with a refresher too&#33;

Skillian
06-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by chalice@19 June 2003 - 20:26
Wotcha Bill.
Just to qualify, I&#39;ve nothing against gays either.
But the people who make these programmes are quite aware of their shock-value and so exploit it to its full extent.
I don&#39;t know who Derek is but I&#39;m willing to bet his coming out raised a few eyebrows, so to speak. Is it the one who was shacking up with Pauline?
If so, well there you go, couldn&#39;t blame the poor bugger.
Is it shocking? It never occured to me that it might be. I could see if they were kissing there might be some shock value but to have a gay character in a soap is hardly earth-shattering.

edit: Although if I was living with Pauline it might be a lifestyle choice worth considering :huh:

Lilmiss
06-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 19:36
And while yer at it I could do with a refresher too&#33;
ohh, youre a cheeky young furball of late, aintcha? im sure that thread is around here somewhere still. gutted no-one else has pics of their tatts. there i go, ruining another fine thread. ;)

"fugley get your tits out". :D

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Pauline is satan incarnated.

Some_Geezer
06-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@19 June 2003 - 18:43
As I watch a popular soap in the UK, "Eastenders", i see that trusty old Derek ;) ;)
Has started to "swing for the same team"

Or is it "bat for the same side"?

I believe some people have raised concerns over the portrayel of Gay&#39;s on the TV, and the potential it has to harm young children by them watching it.

I, myself, just watched a scene which included a "grasp" between old Derek ;) ;)
and his "friend".

Does this sicken you?
No, I&#39;m old enough to know what I want, and I must know, cos I always go back for more...

Live and let live I say.

I don&#39;t think its harms kids, if anthing it would help them to understand more.

Also its not the first time gays have been in Eastenders, there was Barry and Colin
in the early years and Simon and (can&#39;t remember his name) - Sarahs brother.
- not that I watch it much :">