PDA

View Full Version : Revtt

TYPE R
07-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Important News For All - Action Needed IMMEDIATELY

You may or may not have noticed but the site is suffering at the moment. We have had more problems and downtime/slow load times in the last month than ever! We have several servers already running the site however they all now are running at 105% of their capacity 24/7. This is not good on many levels that the average member would not see....but for what can be seen is tracker time outs pages loading in 4-5 secs when it all should be smooth.

This brings us to a simple fact. We need better servers for the site to remain functional and effective. The other option which no one wants to do is start bringing the numbers down on the site say by loosing 15-20 k worth of accounts! We will stress again, Thats not something anyone wants to do however sometimes, we all gotta do something we don`t want to in life!

So here`s the bottom line, we don`t like the site slow and overloaded but have not got the funds to buy the 2 new servers needed to take us on and into the future. So right now our only option is too look at the number reduction to level out the site, however , we are a big site and have a lot of great people here so what we are asking is put something in the pot so we can get the new hardware we need and make RevolutionTT as good as it should be!

We also have looked at advertising like pop up`s and other bits but once again this is something you see on a lot of the sites trying to make big bucks out of them and .....we hate pop ups so that is no option either, same as with a sponsor, too tied down etc and generally never worthwhile!

We have just under 40k members here and roughly as a monthly average just over 1% will donate regularly which in all our opinions is just ridiculous but now`s the time to try and show if RevolutionTT means anything to you or not. With the crazy peer numbers and users online we have, it should say people like the site a bit more than they currently show.

Invites have been disabled for a week or so now, as we really are bursting at the seams (hence downtime a little while ago) as the servers just drop out running like they are 24/7.

So basically we are saying give something for a site that gives you so much just to keep it up and well otherwise we have no choice but to start looking to slim down, although at that point if it was to show so few people cared about the site it may go all together as we`re sure all the hard work thats put in from so many people would start to seem pointless. No one does this for the money, we are not a big movie/music company etc, this place is here for the people by the people and hopefully will stay that way if everyone can get together and bring a little love into RevolutionTT!

NOW TAKING THIS CHANCE HOWEVER WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY A HUGE THANKS TO ANYONE THAT HAS GIVEN IN THE PAST ETC AS YOUR THE ONES WHO HAVE KEPT US HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

eyejade
07-15-2007, 05:22 PM
am going to donate now .. i dont want to see another great site going down ..

they can try selling tshirts for 40$ ..lol

Daniel
07-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah right, "several servers on 105%" with a user count of less than 38k and currently ~ 350 online users on the tracker.

I can understand them needing money and more server resources perfectly fine, but their numbers and details in this mass-pm contradict each other. Well, maybe they're still running some 2ghz 2gb single core systems, who knows?

Gosht
07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
YEah, RevTT its a great site I think I will donate, too.

Beenieman
07-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Great Site and worth a donation.

RainRoofer
07-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I tought they're loaded with all that spam about donations I get.

sp0ngeb0b
07-15-2007, 06:58 PM
It would be unfortunate for them to go under. They're probably the best all around tracker nowadays along with torrentleech.

Ac3Dunk
07-15-2007, 07:09 PM
A new way to get money and trick users :)

fstrulz
07-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Seems like someone needs some new wheels...

Just kidding... TorrentLeech used to be my fav until a lot of their members started getting letters from their ISPs and the MPAA... RevTT is my new home now, because it's more secure So, I'll go help and donate.

KevinGarnet
07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
really good tracker like i heard.. so it would be bad if they closed down.. need donations..

Shadowfire
07-15-2007, 09:24 PM
RevTT might be one of the few trackers I would ever donate to if it comes down to it. It's a really great torrent place.

cattani
07-16-2007, 12:32 PM
good site, worth more money to donate.

mforcex
07-17-2007, 05:16 AM
they are obviously lying... it has been mentioned here previously that the staff just wants to make a quick buck, but if you guys want to be retarded and give them spending money, go for it.

necromantic
07-17-2007, 05:25 AM
There's a few reasons I wouldn't mind seeing RevTT go under.

1. They beg for money like a nympho beggin for sex
2. They have no shame, lying about server equipment and their server loads
3. I can get everything they have to offer faster elsewhere
4. They took my invites away
5. I just don't like their hit n run policy, the best sites all allow HnR

fstrulz
07-17-2007, 05:41 AM

WTF happened to filesharing? :ermm:

necromantic
07-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I keep an average ratio of 5-10 on my sites. I just like being able to use my buffer. Sometimes I'm at a friends place and DL something, I can't guarantee he's going to seed. I DL from school sometimes too, can't seed there. Besides, I don't see any of the big sites suffering over hit and run.

Demigod
07-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Guess I'll tip in too. :P

Whether you believe their story or not, it'll be shame for RevTT to go down if their story turned out to be true. I'm sure they don't like "begging" for money so I'm just believe that they really are desperate.

DohMein
07-17-2007, 06:07 AM
There's a few reasons I wouldn't mind seeing RevTT go under.

1. They beg for money like a nympho beggin for sex
2. They have no shame, lying about server equipment and their server loads
3. I can get everything they have to offer faster elsewhere
4. They took my invites away
+1

+2

All BS - He wont close it - he wont take away his cash cow. Worst attempt at scare tactics I have ever seen.

NA_Magus
07-17-2007, 06:11 AM
From the other thread:
No one is forcing them to host and pay for a private tracker. How can we be expected to take these claims seriously? We don't know their financial numbers or how many donations they're getting. If they can't handle it, I suggest:

-Delete a chunk of the inactive userbase.
-Impose ads. The smart ones (hell even idiots) can figure out how to disable them anyway.
-Shut down if they can't handle it financially.

I don't think donations are going to keep a site afloat consistent for months or however long they plan to be in operation

silvertec
07-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Their a money machine good luck but won't be getting any of my money only the good community sites will get my money

necromantic
07-17-2007, 06:23 AM
only the good community sites will get my money

:yup:

mforcex
07-17-2007, 10:49 AM
It makes me sad that people are falling for this. With this scare tactic alone I bet he bought himself a new plasma TV and computer.

Daniel
07-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, the mood seems to be shifting against RevTT, surprisingly. I think people should give them the benefit of the doubt though because in my time there, it's the first ocurrence where the future of the tracker as we know it may be in jeopardy. edit: And further explained, other trackers are much more obtrusive in their quest for donations so there's still a long way to go yet before I write them off ;)

Their server-cost claim is something I don't understand, the same goes for their current server situation. Just a quick example: I've read in their forums that RevTT has about 400 (regular) donators and if each of them donates the minimum amount of $5 every second month, they'd still get $1.000 per month. with that, they ought to be able to finance three very fast servers that should do fine on their current user load.

Maybe that's the only problem I've got with them: they don't help out with any details, not about their current situation, nor about a donation goal to meet and how far it is to go yet. Judging by the poll on their website their latest attempt at fundraising seems to be very favorable to them, in a poll on the website over 1200 people voted that they'd "most definitely" donate to help the tracker - that's three times the amount of their donators so far.

Melvinmeow
07-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, the mood seems to be shifting against RevTT, surprisingly. I think people should give them the benefit of the doubt though because in my time there, it's the first ocurrence where the future of the tracker as we know it may be in jeopardy. edit: And further explained, other trackers are much more obtrusive in their quest for donations so there's still a long way to go yet before I write them off ;)

Their server-cost claim is something I don't understand, the same goes for their current server situation. Just a quick example: I've read in their forums that RevTT has about 400 (regular) donators and if each of them donates the minimum amount of $5 every second month, they'd still get $1.000 per month. with that, they ought to be able to finance three very fast servers that should do fine on their current user load.

Maybe that's the only problem I've got with them: they don't help out with any details, not about their current situation, nor about a donation goal to meet and how far it is to go yet. Judging by the poll on their website their latest attempt at fundraising seems to be very favorable to them, in a poll on the website over 1200 people voted that they'd "most definitely" donate to help the tracker - that's three times the amount of their donators so far.

Excellent point of view.

I also dont know who these guys are trying to fool.
The same people who run RevTT also run quite a few other $$$ making cow torrent sites... The same sites that most people complain message you weekly/bi-weekly asking for donations. I could name at least 3 sites... but dont feel the need to. Since mentioning them wont change peoples opinions on their "need donations" scheme. If your going to donate your going to do so regaurdless to the reasons.

Several of the staff I know from these sites... Have in the past bragged to me about how they have no need to have a REAL job apart from running these sites.

SalsaMan
07-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Several of the staff I know from these sites... Have in the past bragged to me about how they have no need to have a REAL job apart from running these sites.

... which is exactly why I don't donate. I'm not into paying someone's wages for running a torrent tracker.

Show me some REAL evidence of why an OUTSTANDING tracker NEEDS donations, and I'd help.

TT for example, if they started to be short of funds for server costs for whatever reason, I'd help out if we (the users) got good evidence of why they needed help, and it was was legit as could be proven.

DohMein
07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
EDIT:

Nothing can be done about it. Its all bs but he will get away with it, people dont know any better that is why he can keep doing it over and over. It wont stop but maybe one day they will get the hint that they have been shafted..

Doh

v1337
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I wish i had a paypal account in these situations haha..

Rotting99
07-17-2007, 02:26 PM
It makes me sad that people are falling for this. With this scare tactic alone I bet he bought himself a new plasma TV and computer.

I mentioned this in the Rev forums and "the herd" has flamed me for it. I'm member "dagon01",lol. The moderators there are definatly getting a cut of the action the way they stick up for them and lie about costs. But who cares if these assholes want to pay for filesharing(key word sharing not paying) then let them.