PDA

View Full Version : New Help

Wilton331
07-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi my name's Peter and I'm new to Filesharing Talk. I have a few questions now and I am for sure going to have more questions in the future so I was hoping that there may be someone out there to sorta be my friend on this site and allow me to ask them questions every now and again. If it matters I'm using Azureus on a Mac OS X.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate the help.

Skiz
07-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Well, that's what FST is here for. I'd be willing to bet any questions you have, have been asked in the past, so try to search a bit first. Otherwise, ask away.

Welcome to FST. :)

sear
07-16-2007, 06:08 AM
wats your question:

I'm sure there is tonnes of people where who will help you out. though I personally know jack about macs I do know a little about bittorent

Wilton331
07-16-2007, 06:09 AM
my first question is pretty foolish, but i hear about sct being one of the better sites. what is it?

PabloEscobar
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
its quite rare too..Do not care unless you have a super fast connection..i suggest getting something like TL, SCC, RevTT for starters..

Wilton331
07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
first of all, what is it? And what are all those acronyms? haha sorry for the noobism

sear
07-16-2007, 06:22 AM
first of all, what is it? And what are all those acronyms? haha sorry for the noobism

the acronyms are just a way to talk about private torrent sites that prefer to remain private:whistling

Wilton331
07-16-2007, 06:32 AM
so you really cant tell me what sct or TL or SCC or RevTT means?

nihility
07-16-2007, 06:42 AM
sct - scenetorrents
tl - torrentleech
scc - scenaccess
revtt - revolutiontt

google full names and im sure youll find the urls

Wilton331
07-16-2007, 06:43 AM
thanks man

Alco23
07-16-2007, 06:59 AM
sct - scenetorrents
tl - torrentleech
scc - scenaccess
revtt - revolutiontt

google full names and im sure youll find the urls

These are all general 0day trackers. You only really need to get into one of the above since they all host similar content.
The easiest two to get a taste are TL and SCC, their invites are given away freely on a lot of sites including here. If you don't have a 10Mb+ connection you don't even have to worry about ScT as you won't see the difference. It's the same as the others in terms of content but just faster, however that also means you need a faster upload connection to keep up a good ratio.

Good luck :)

limpdickkid
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
If you're new you should just stick with TL, especially if you dont want to spend a lot of money. TL is one of the best and easiest trackers to get into. Just ask around and someone will give you a free TL invite.
Also, I hear there's a Mac version of uTorrent, but I think it's still in testing, so you might want to check that out in the near future.
Another thing you could try out is Usenet, if you're willing to spend a bit of money. But thats later on, you should first get used to torrents.
Btw, there are guides for most things in tutorials section. And eventually when you do get into TL you should also check out their tutorials section. Another place you should check out for tutorials on P2P is Slyck.com

Beenieman
07-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

Agreed TL is the best place to start but if your not sure about keeping up a ratio then maybe public trackers until you understand the process better.

Goodluck.

limpdickkid
07-16-2007, 09:09 AM
but if you're not sure about keeping up a ratio then maybe public trackers until you understand the process better.
Goodluck.

actually yeah I'm with him. To get acquainted with the whole idea of sharing you should first try public trackers like mininova. Realise why seeding is important then start with Private trackers, dont jump straight to private trackers. It'll help you build a good foundation.

Something Else
07-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I think sticking to private trackers is a good idea, the added security and community make them a worthwhile learning ground...Just start with ones that are easy to join :)
And welcome mate :)

Wilton331
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks all. good people.