PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts

MetroStars
06-20-2003, 11:51 AM
I just wanted 2 ask does any 1 believe in ghosts or has any 1 seen a ghost..

me personally iam a total non believer....

but 1 time doing the Ouji board <----- that might be spelt wrong....

it said sum dam freaky stuff i won&#39;t bore u with the deatails but it was just creepy..

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/metroavater%20mathis.jpg

Guillaume
06-20-2003, 11:56 AM
I personnally believe that when all brain functions stop, that&#39;s all that&#39;s ever going to happen to you...
Well, except the worms doing their job&#33; :lol:

ck-uk
06-20-2003, 11:58 AM
I believe in ghosts about as much as i believe there&#39;s a god. :D

MetroStars
06-20-2003, 12:00 PM
I personnally believe that when all brain functions stop, that&#39;s all that&#39;s ever going to happen to you...
Well, except the worms doing their job&#33;&nbsp;

i will back this up...

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/metroavater%20lineup.jpg

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Dont believe in ghosts, but ouiji (or however u spell it&#33;) boards are really freaky and I have heard a lot of people telling me bad things about them, so i&#39;ve stayed away from them &#33;

Riddler
06-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Some friends of mine swear they can see &#39;em. I can&#39;t say for sure. But I would like to meet one for myself just to ask it a few things like...........what&#39;s it like where you are ? Or, why are you still hanging around, do you have unfinished business ? Or, can you walk through walls and if so, do you stick your head through the bathroom wall and check my wife out while she&#39;s showering....you pervert ?&#33; :P

Guillaume
06-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@20 June 2003 - 12:51
but 1 time doing the Ouji board <----- that might be spelt wrong....

it said sum dam freaky stuff i won&#39;t bore u with the deatails but it was just creepy..

I tried that once, and it got me a little frightened...
But in the end, I think that Ouija boards have the same purpose as ghost stories: first a little fear ( well, if it&#39;s done properly&#33; ) then a good laugh.

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 12:47 PM
i believe, used to live in a creepy old barn that an old dear died in, and i swear i would wake up in the middle of the night having my cheek stroked and smelling cheap perfume. im sure i saw her one night, but you know how ones imagination can run riot. &#39;spesh mine. ;)

but im positive ghosts exist. i have a theory on the whole supernatural thing, but i cant be bothered explaining just now. besides, you would all laugh at me. :( ;)

Riddler
06-20-2003, 01:00 PM
Not a chance lilmiss....do tell. Seriously.

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Riddler@20 June 2003 - 13:00
oh, i know you will laugh riddler, you more than anyone probably. but anything for shits n giggles, here goes;

i believe when you die, if you havent fulfilled your life to the fullest potential you are forced to live it over again till you get it perfect. so everytime something is changed we are left with an imprint of what should have happened. (de ja vous, or what ever you want to call it, but it goes away before you can grasp it, because life is constantly changing.) because we believe we are living to our best requirements, we dont always see these things happening to us, and when a memory overlaps we are left with somekind of hazy imprint, which is what we "ghosts". i dont believe in heaven, hell, or god which opens you up to a lot more theories. now this may sound like jumped up b/s to everyone else, but i like to believe it. makes the ghosties easier to live with. ;)

btw; did i ever tell you my mum had my room blessed as she thought i was a devil worshipper? dozy mare. just because i like candles and joss sticks. mad, i tell you. mad.)

/me sits back and waits for the laughter. <_<

Ad
06-20-2003, 01:21 PM
I dont beilev in em but ill tell ya a true story

My sister in law would always wake up and see a image of a peron walking by by the end of the bed after she wakes up for about 5 seconds&#33;&#33;. My brother (maried to her) just laughed at her. but one day she woke up saw the image their again woke up my brother quietly and said :look look: he woke up and and said "wtf?""" and then it dissapeared again.

Also My sister seems to see an image alot in her life and every new house she moves too it sem to follow her

My Theory is there is always a logical explanation for it

Riddler
06-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by lilmiss+20 June 2003 - 06:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lilmiss @ 20 June 2003 - 06:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Riddler@20 June 2003 - 13:00
oh, i know you will laugh riddler, you more than anyone probably. but anything for shits n giggles, here goes;

i believe when you die, if you havent fulfilled your life to the fullest potential you are forced to live it over again till you get it perfect. so everytime something is changed we are left with an imprint of what should have happened. (de ja vous, or what ever you want to call it, but it goes away before you can grasp it, because life is constantly changing.) because we believe we are living to our best requirements, we dont always see these things happening to us, and when a memory overlaps we are left with somekind of hazy imprint, which is what we "ghosts". i dont believe in heaven, hell, or god which opens you up to a lot more theories. now this may sound like jumped up b/s to everyone else, but i like to believe it. makes the ghosties easier to live with. ;)

btw; did i ever tell you my mum had my room blessed as she thought i was a devil worshipper? dozy mare. just because i like candles and joss sticks. mad, i tell you. mad.)

/me sits back and waits for the laughter. <_< [/b][/quote]
Hmmmm, at the risk of sounding like I&#39;m sucking up, methinks wethinks alot alike on the subject. Especially regarding the whole godheavenhell issue. No laughter here, lilmiss, not even a giggle &#33; B)

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 01:38 PM
now, how far does logic go though?

if we only use 60% of our brain, or something silly like that, who can tell what images we are blocking out because we dont wanna see them?

my besterfar (grandad) died he left behind 3 girls and desperatly wanted a boy in the family. a few days later my mum went to hospital to sort somethings out about the body, etc.. and was feeling ill herself and went for some kinda check up. that night, my mum called and said she was pregnant. eventually, my little brother came along and that was shock enough, but then for about two weeks after he got home from hospital we smelt really sweet tobacco outside my bro&#39;s room everynight before we went to bed. the same stuff he used to smoke&#33; both combined is too much for my head to say, well there must be a logical reason for it. (no boys since have been born on that side, thank goodness, he&#39;s a 13 yr old terrahawk. ;) )

dogs are meant to be good for picking up ghosts, but they only see in black and white. :blink:

Riddler
06-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Yes, that nasty L word ( not Lamsey...I mean logic &#33; ;) ) I was told almost that exact same thing by a friend who sees apparitions fairly regularly.....that I can&#39;t see them, cuz my mind isn&#39;t open enough to see them. She says if I leave the door open to possibilities, I&#39;ll use a fraction of that part of the brain that&#39;s dormant.

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 02:15 PM
she&#39;s quite right, but not just for super natural things. theres soo much we miss everyday that just take a bit of looking for. :huh:
ie; a field is not just a field. if you get down at look, its fascinating. (nature, colour, wildlife, etc...) it goes back to being able to look at things through childrens eyes. if you can do that you are half way there.

MetroStars
06-20-2003, 03:00 PM
ie; a field is not just a field. if you get down at look, its fascinating. (nature, colour, wildlife, etc...) it goes back to being able to look at things through childrens eyes. if you can do that you are half way there.

i back lilmiss up on this...

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/metroavater%20players.jpg

tite-wad
06-20-2003, 03:02 PM
No, I don&#39;t believe in ghosts/spirits.

And the very concept that persons who have died can somehow visit us - and watch anything/everything we do at any given momment - without us knowing - is very disturbing to me. http://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/nervous.gif

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@20 June 2003 - 11:51

why thanks metrostars, no titters or giggles yet? im suprised&#33; :o

and why dont you"bore us with the details?"
we cant run away. :)

/well i cant anyway, i lost my legs yesterday, curley was trying to find them but no luck yet. ;)

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Maybe we are all ghosts and we are totally oblivious to it.

Walking around like the stupid tits we are.

Maybe, and most probably, im wrong tho.

MetroStars
06-20-2003, 03:25 PM
and why dont you"bore us with the details?"
we cant run away.

Ok lilmiss - 5 of us did the the Ouji board 3girls - 2 boys <----Me

and the one of the girls got sum 1 claimng 2 be her aborted baby - which feaked everbody out - and no 1 in the room would have bin that cruel 2 to say sumthing like that...

Another time only 3 of us did it --- me my sister and this other girl
(the girl that set the Ouji board up ---- was a real pro with the Ouji board if that makes senese)

we where doing the board normal and she said sum boy who had died taking drugs was there and he wanted 2 talk 2 us so he did ... but the dead guy was not making any senese -- Until he said he was going 2 rape and fuck my sister up ...
that set her of crying and screaming which freaked us all out more than ever.. since then i have not dun the Ouji Board since nor would i again.... and taht was in 1998....

but i beleive their has 2 be an reasonal explanation...

Riddler
06-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@20 June 2003 - 08:21

Maybe, and most probably, im wrong tho.
Then again, maybe not..... :unsure:

Ad
06-20-2003, 03:27 PM
true billy my boy

how do we know we really look like we do when we look in the mirror??

or your green may look different to my green

while growing up for example where just told to learn that the grass is green &#33;

and what about dreams mauybe we enter another reality as a ghost and maybe another world enters ours as a dream

interestikng to think about isnt it

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@20 June 2003 - 15:25

Ok lilmiss - 5 of us did the the Ouji board 3girls - 2 boys <----Me

and the one of the girls got sum 1 claimng 2 be her aborted baby - which feaked everbody out - and no 1 in the room would have bin that cruel 2 to say sumthing like that...

Another time only 3 of us did it --- me my sister and this other girl
(the girl that set the Ouji board up ---- was a real pro with the Ouji board if that makes senese)

we where doing the board normal and she said sum boy who had died taking drugs was there and he wanted 2 talk 2 us so he did ... but the dead guy was not making any senese -- Until he said he was going 2 rape and fuck my sister up ...
that set her of crying and screaming which freaked us all out more than ever.. since then i have not dun the Ouji Board since nor would i again.... and taht was in 1998....

but i beleive their has 2 be an reasonal explanation...
Shit man that sounds really freaky.

As i said before, those things can be really dangerous.

A member of my family is a minister (like a priest), and he would never lie about stuff like that, he told me to stay away from them altogether, and another one who took me for religion in school told us a story of things flying off wall&#39;s and all sorts of shit - and he WOULDNT lie about it - i mean, hes a minister, they dont lie.

I would do what you have said man, never go back and do it again....

Your story freaked ME out dude.......

MetroStars
06-20-2003, 03:40 PM
crazy_billy_bats man i would never do it agian ever...

And i think your minister relation is right....

and dangerous is the right word....

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/metroavater%20players.jpg

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 03:43 PM
oh, that is scary&#33; :o

when i was younger we joked about using one. but i would never dare play with the things now, not safe.

mutterings
06-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Ok my theory :lol:
One thing that cannot be destroyed is energy.Our body is energy when we die this energy is not lost its converted to other forms of energy ie food for worms :D heat when decomposing :blink: etc etc.I believe every now and again if enough of these converted energies happen to meet up in in the same area then they will try to make the original form(which also leads onto another question of memories of a previous life ie if a woman gets pregnant then drinks a glass of water that has enough energy from example someone that drowned then the child may get some memories of that person).
I can go on for a long time about this but i wont bore you ;)
Do i believe in ghosts ....yes
have i seen a ghost ....no
would i shite myself if i did .....most probably :lol:

MetroStars
06-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Do i believe in ghosts ....yes
have i seen a ghost ....no
would i shite myself if i did .....most probably

That made me laugh....

and after i had dun the Ouji board i had 2 sleep on my mams bedroom floor it freaked me out that much....

LOL iam a big sissy

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/metroavater%20mathis.jpg

mutterings
06-20-2003, 04:43 PM
metro when it boils down to it we all are....remember ghostbusters in the library..I pooed my pants lol

Spindulik
06-20-2003, 07:18 PM
I was just wondering....

If the scientiits discover intelligent life on another planet, would there be ghosts on that planet too? If there are ghosts on another planet, would they be limited to haunting there, or could they haunt anywhere in the galaxy?

Say they build a docking station for shuttles on Mars. And populate the planet to a very small and limited degree. Then a person or two dies there and become "ghosts". Do they haunt Mars? Or do they go back to earth and do some haunting there?

Riddler
06-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@20 June 2003 - 12:18
I was just wondering....

If the scientiits discover intelligent life on another planet, would there be ghosts on that planet too? If there are ghosts on another planet, would they be limited to haunting there, or could they haunt anywhere in the galaxy?

Say they build a docking station for shuttles on Mars. And populate the planet to a very small and limited degree. Then a person or two dies there and become "ghosts". Do they haunt Mars? Or do they go back to earth and do some haunting there?
I&#39;d like to believe that what&#39;s left of me after the physical limitations are taken away, can pretty much travel to any time or place with the speed of THOUGHT. So.....maybe the reason we don&#39;t see the pure energy form of people&#39;s " souls " hanging around constantly, messing with our heads, is cuz they&#39;re off in the farthest reaches of the universe discovering the truth of our beginnings and checking out what other forms of &#39; life &#39; are out there. I know I would. No offense to all you fine people and my loved one&#39;s past & present, but if I had that freedom, there&#39;s nothing could keep me here &#33; B)

Riddler
06-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Methinks this board is haunted sometimes....sorry for the double &#33; :P

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Riddler@20 June 2003 - 22:09
It is your riddler.

You haunt our minds with your quips and sayings &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Riddler
06-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+20 June 2003 - 15:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 20 June 2003 - 15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Riddler@20 June 2003 - 22:09
It is your riddler.

You haunt our minds with your quips and sayings &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
Awww....( face turnin&#39; red ) thanks, bill. :ph34r: :D