PDA

View Full Version : Halite BitTorrent client

RainRoofer
07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Perhaps this is replacement for uTorrent MPAA/RIAA/FBI client.
Check out it's features and screens, looks nice and decent, anyone using it ?
http://www.binarynotions.com/halite.php

KevinGarnet
07-17-2007, 03:20 PM
i tried it and looks really nice.. but some trackers blocks this client.. i hope everything will be fine for some time later..

Daniel
07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
If you take into account the bans from all versions newer than uTorrent 1.6.1 on some trackers, Halite might be a successor at some point in the future. For now though, the client is still too new (and feature-less) to be seriously considered for it.

I've been testing Halite already and I liked what I saw. Give it some more time ...

direstraits
07-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Looks good, lets wait and see what acceptance gets from trackers...

Melvinmeow
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Looks to be pretty good so far.

Ill be running some tests on it.

TBH if a new upcoming torrent client wanted to make it bigtime...
all they would have to do is get together with some PRIVATE trackers staff and write their client based on the specs that PRIVATE sites would be looking for. Once you sell (So to say) the client to a small group of sites... word spreads and the client becomes more accepted throughout other communities.

deuce6000
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I think there are lots of us waiting for a new torrent client right now.Azereus uses java so no thanks and utorrent going down hill are the main reasons.Great idea melvin.

yoyogi4
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Looks good, lets wait and see what acceptation gets from trackers...
Hahaha , "acceptation" that's a made up word!!! Joking man I know the internet is the last place for grammar, but that was funny, are you spanish? My friends tend to do that.

RainRoofer
07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Looks to be pretty good so far.

Ill be running some tests on it.

TBH if a new upcoming torrent client wanted to make it bigtime...
all they would have to do is get together with some PRIVATE trackers staff and write their client based on the specs that PRIVATE sites would be looking for. Once you sell (So to say) the client to a small group of sites... word spreads and the client becomes more accepted throughout other communities.
Maybe we can do something about it :whistling
that coder would probably be thriled to have most popular client for private trackers.

mforcex
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
let's stop torrenting and just let the mpaa/riaa win. they will never stop trying to catch us. join me or die :)

halite sux btw

direstraits
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Looks good, lets wait and see what acceptation gets from trackers...
Hahaha , "acceptation" that's a made up word!!! Joking man I know the internet is the last place for grammar, but that was funny, are you spanish? My friends tend to do that.

acceptance :P

I'm lazy to open wordreferece.com every ten 10 minutes :P
I think my english is quite good tho :)

jrzy
10-03-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm glad I found this thread Corey made... I wanted to know if some of you had a chance to use/test this client and wanted your input on the Halite Client (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halite_Client). I am interested in downloading it myself but wanted some technical opinions on it...any thoughts???