PDA

View Full Version : For Clarification

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Five minutes ago was the first time I saw this thread

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...opic=45678&st=0 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=45678&st=0)

I have nothing to do with it and have never posted in it.

I post this purely to clarify, for those who know me, that the accusations and insults aimed at me were entirely unfounded.

I would invite any mod to confirm this to be the case.

I will happily accept responsibility for that which I have done. However I take exception to this behaviour from people who paint the picture of righteous indignation and behave in an obsequious manner to form cliques around them. Having said that you seldom see sheep on their own.

tite-wad
06-20-2003, 03:44 PM
I probably wouldn't have seen that thread if JP hadn't posted the link to it.

I think it was extremely poor taste and judgement for olibomb to start a thread like that.

I haven't been here long enough to know if anyone is or isn't posting under more than one name. But IMO whoever olibomb is or isn't - they should be banned for doing what they did. And if the mods know for a fact that olibomb has an alter-ego on these boards - that ID should be banned as well.

Lilmiss
06-20-2003, 03:58 PM
dont worry about it jpaul. ;)
he was just attention seeking, and acting like an eejit. i believe big brother is keeping an eye anyway. :D :)

Illuminati
06-20-2003, 04:01 PM
This is surprising - I've had ego problems in the past with both JPaul & tite-wad and this time I'm in full agreement with them :D

I was not sure when Extremehead said that he was JPaul - It seemed either like Extreme was trying to get "street" (aka forum) credit or was trying to undermine his name. Either way; despite my aggressive tendencies on the forum I'm a pacifist, but I'd love to see the mods (probably Lamsey) put the boot on Extreme heavily for trying to impersonate another member. JPaul is a very highly-respected member of the forum (sort of being god if it wasn't for a lack of mod powers ;)), and he (nor anyone else for that matter) deserves this. My guess would be that if JPaul did have multiple accounts, he wouldn't keep it a secret much.

And even more surprisingly, I'm with tite-wad - Let the piggy fry, mods! :angry: For anyone to come onto the forum and spout that much abuse to another member (no matter whether it was justified or not) is just disrespectful. I have suffered from "RL-rage" as Olibomb seems to blame his outburst on, but if that's what he calls rage then I'd suggest he take some anger management classes ASAP (or the nearest nut-house if they don't work). I'm surprised that a mod still hasn't deleted the topic in the first place.

Bender's not taking it and I can't blame him - Just let us know what happens to him, so we all have an idea of what the consequences of it are (especially for the newbies).

That's all I have to say - I hope I haven't offended anyone this time (apart from the obvious), but it is unintentional

Bender
06-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Well, JPaul, I don't think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts. ;)

Edited typo

The Knife Thrower
06-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Olibomb has no friends. I am serious about this. Look for a topic in the lounge where he is asking people to chat to him on MSN. :D :D :D :D

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Bender@20 June 2003 - 17:02
Well, JPaul, I don't think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts. ;)

Edited typo
Good point, well made.

There was some confusion before between me and CBB about the PB M thing. I did apologise to him for that, accepting it was my fault assuming it to be common knowledge, because everyone in the SS room knew me as PB M.

It's the danger with assuming knowledge. Hence my clarification here. Like I said I will happily accept the responsibility for things I do. However I like to think that they aren't that vitriolic. That thread was plain nasty.

Bender
06-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+20 June 2003 - 18:07--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 20 June 2003 - 18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Bender@20 June 2003 - 17:02
Well, JPaul, I don&#39;t think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts. ;)

Edited typo
Good point, well made.

There was some confusion before between me and CBB about the PB M thing. I did apologise to him for that, accepting it was my fault assuming it to be common knowledge, because everyone in the SS room knew me as PB M.

It&#39;s the danger with assuming knowledge. Hence my clarification here. Like I said I will happily accept the responsibility for things I do. However I like to think that they aren&#39;t that vitriolic. That thread was plain nasty.[/b][/quote]
"Everyone in the SS room" doesn&#39;t include everyone on this board; I think a lot of members are confused when PB Montgolfier is "criticizing" JPaul - have you ever thought of that?
Why using two different usernames on the K-Lite board (and SoulSeek) when you deal with the same people?

I agree with you that the thread of olibomb was plain nasty: he&#39;s got a big warning and is on moderation now. ;)

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 04:28 PM
I didnt find this thread the least bit offensive, just incase anybody is wondering.

I dont mean to offend or cause any flame JP, but i have no memory whatsoever of ever recieving an apology from you.

What I recall is you calling me a "six year old" for walking out of room after "PB" was unbelievably offensive towards me.

By all means, give me the link to the thread where you gave out this apology.

I will wholeheartedly accept it if i see it.

I apologise if there are other people who recall this apology and it is brought to light that it actually did happen.

My memory can fade somewhat sometimes - so if anyone else can show or tell me of it I have no problem.

Peace,

:D Bill :D

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Bender+20 June 2003 - 17:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bender &#064; 20 June 2003 - 17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JPaul@20 June 2003 - 18:07
<!--QuoteBegin-Bender@20 June 2003 - 17:02
Well, JPaul, I don&#39;t think anybody ever thought that that was you; but you have to realize there is a price to pay when you have multiple accounts. ;)

Edited typo
Good point, well made.

It&#39;s the danger with assuming knowledge. Hence my clarification here. Like I said I will happily accept the responsibility for things I do. However I like to think that they aren&#39;t that vitriolic. That thread was plain nasty.
"Everyone in the SS room" doesn&#39;t include everyone on this board; I think a lot of members are confused when PB Montgolfier is "criticizing" JPaul - have you ever thought of that?
Why using two different usernames on the K-Lite board (and SoulSeek) when you deal with the same people?

I agree with you that the thread of olibomb was plain nasty: he&#39;s got a big warning and is on moderation now. ;)[/b][/quote]
Again good points well made and fully accepted.

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@20 June 2003 - 17:28
I didnt find this thread the least bit offensive, just incase anybody is wondering.

I however did. Hence the thread here.

Bender
06-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+20 June 2003 - 18:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 20 June 2003 - 18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@20 June 2003 - 17:28

I however did. Hence the thread here.[/b][/quote]
You have to keep in mind, JPaul, that you are doing the same - but less offensive. ;)

Spindulik
06-20-2003, 05:41 PM
JPAUL, I work a lot of construction sites. Inside those port-a-johns is a lot of graffitti&#33; As they say, "If your name doesn&#39;t show up some where in the sh*t house wall, then you ain&#39;t anyone important." So take it as a compliment.

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@20 June 2003 - 17:41
JPAUL, I work a lot of construction sites. Inside those port-a-johns is a lot of graffitti&#33; As they say, "If your name doesn&#39;t show up some where in the sh*t house wall, then you ain&#39;t anyone important." So take it as a compliment.
I agree spindulik, well said.

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@20 June 2003 - 18:41
LOL

Done a bit of the construction myself mate. I worked on a job where we were using a climbing scaffold. Basically it is on "wheels" and it is the shape of the tower you are building. You pour concrete in the top and by the time it gets to the bottom it is hard. So you are putting the steel in and pouring the concrete, it has to work 24 hours a day, as you can imagine. That way your tower is one solid lump of concrete 150 feet high. This one was to hold the wheel for a mineshaft, I&#39;m sure you&#39;ve seen them.

I was actually mixing the concrete, as I was the only one who could actually work the mixer properly and make sure the concrete passed the tests, which were frequent. Of the 14 guys on my squad only myself and 1 other did not have any previous jail time. These were stong hard guys, but you had to show them how to work a shovel

I was mixing from 8 am till 8 pm (up at 6 and bed at 10 when you include travelling time) , twenty tonnes of concrete a day, on my own. With 3 bags of cement to each batch, this was serious concrete. The only help I got was when new loads of cement arrived. A couple of people would help unload it.

I am too old for that sort of stuff now, but because I did it I have every respect for those who do. It is really hard work and anyone who hasn&#39;t done it can&#39;t understand just how tired you can get. When you physically cant lift a pint of beer you know you have put a good shift in.

fugley
06-20-2003, 06:50 PM
JP I owe you an apology&#33;&#33;&#33;

Here it is: I was extremehead2003 - Created in response to your dual persona - which I didn&#39;t realise was common knowledge. Yep I&#39;ve been having a go at you - not with any hatred though - that I promise. But yes certainly trying to wind you up.

Motive - I&#39;ve seen you give some nasty verbals to some weaker characters on the board - you have been known to launch into one for no apparent reason. I&#39;ve often sat here and almost winced at the ferocity of your sarcasm and caustic tones. I&#39;ve also pissed meself laughing with you at times too&#33;

Please be aware that some times you really do hurt people especially when they are daring to venture an opinion. I know for a fact that others think this the case too.

Problem is that some people are affected by this in such a way that after a while they are too terrified to venture an opinion when you are present - I really don&#39;t believe that is you intention but it is happening.

By all means disagree - but it is possible to put someone straight without trying to destroy them. And that is the way it seems sometimes.

Back to my apology.

I apologise, with no further reservations for my behaviour and hold out a hand of peace and friendship and hope you will accept it.

Extremehead2003 will be no more&#33; Mods can delete if they wish&#33;

--------------------

[ Add to Buddies ]

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 07:18 PM
I&#39;d like to say i agree with Fugley on this post. I think that your apology was needed, and I am glad to see a hand of friendship offered.

I am one example of a person that JP was unnecessarily rude to.

I dont know if anyone else wants to point this out.

No offence meant to you, JP.
I hope you meant no offence to me.

I dont agree tho, that it frightens me from posting &#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
Maybe it does for other people tho as you mention.

Well ive said my bit,

Peace,

:D Bill :D

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 07:38 PM
Again for clarification.

fugley was kind enough to send me the above as a PM and we have had a couple of messages back and forth in relation to this matter. Sorted it out like adults sort of thing.

I didn&#39;t realise that he was also posting it here as well, no need for that in my opinion, but that&#39;s his choice. I have no problem with his decision to do this.

With regard to your never ending comments CBB. There is nothing I have posted about you that other people haven&#39;t either read or had the ability to read. They can decide if I was overly rude to you. They can also decide which of us lowers the tone of the forum.

I frankly don&#39;t really care either way. I just find you tiresome.

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@20 June 2003 - 19:38
Again for clarification.

fugley was kind enough to send me the above as a PM and we have had a couple of messages back and forth in relation to this matter. Sorted it out like adults sort of thing.

I didn&#39;t realise that he was also posting it here as well, no need for that in my opinion, but that&#39;s his choice. I have no problem with his decision to do this.

With regard to your never ending comments CBB. There is nothing I have posted about you that other people haven&#39;t either read or had the ability to read. They can decide if I was overly rude to you. They can also decide which of us lowers the tone of the forum.

right thanks for lettin me know ;)

crazy_billy_bats
06-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@20 June 2003 - 19:38

I feel I owe you an pology, JP, reflecting on my comments.

I apologise if i have offended you in any way, or if you feel i lower the tone of the forum.

Personally I take all peoples comments on board (even olibombs - lol), and I respect each and every person&#39;s right to their views.

My comments will end quite soon as many know I am moving away from where I live, and I admit I will miss the chats and debates that have happened in here, between all members.

I love this place and it&#39;s because of you&#39;s.

So i extend a hand of friendship to you, JP, wholeheartdley, and hope you accept it willingly,

Peace in all sincerity,

Bill.

Rat Faced
06-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Just to clarify, for those that are still confused about multiple personalities (Like Proper_Bo)....

JPaul did not post anywhere in the thread that was linked, as anyone.

And its nice to see CBB and JPaul kissing and making up again, everyone can tell they love each other really.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 10:35 PM
RF

You are as ever, the voice of reason in a world run mad.

J'Pol
06-20-2003, 10:42 PM
For the record CBB you owe me no apology. This is the internet, as I think you have said yourself it is just a bit of fun. Not the real world.

I sincerely wish you well in your endeavours and trust that your new life will work out for you.

I genuinely look forward to you returning to the best forum in the world, once you have everything sorted out in Spain.

Don&#39;t think I will always be a wee sweetheart tho&#39; just cos someone suggested it. ;)

Look after you and yours.

PS I have to ask - CBB are you David Beckham IRL