PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Find Codecs?

healimonster
06-20-2003, 03:43 PM
What is the best one going and where do you get it.

i have downloaded the lastest klite 203 one off of the klite download board, but it doesn't play all my moives.

What one plays everything? I guess there probably isn't one that is perfect. But I clearly need something other than what I have right now.

HangoverMS
06-20-2003, 03:47 PM
I can't remember the links off the top of my head, but go to my site (link below) and go to downloads. There are links to DivX and Xvid codecs. Those are the two big ones. Not sure what others there are. Were you looking for one other than that?

caffeineaddict
06-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Why not get the Kazaalite codec pak from www.k-lite.tk ? Go there and it shoudl take out a lot of trouble for you.. Try the nimo codec pack too, it's decent.. it's about 8mb and has most of the stuff you'll need.

LINDOREZ
06-20-2003, 04:03 PM
The kazaa lite codec pack should have everything you need, don't install the nemo one at the same time. It can cause problems in some cases. :D

HangoverMS
06-20-2003, 04:07 PM
I downloaded that codec pack from K-lite and when I open a file in VirtualDub, it gave me a warning about how the codec was an illegal crack or something like that (I forget the wording). So I got it direct from DivX and haven't had that pop up again.

Has anyone else seen that warning?

caffeineaddict
06-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Illegal schmeigle.. if they wanted to, they would've really protected their codecs, but instead, they seem to sit back and do nothing.. besides, the illegal ones or the open-source ones are the ones that are like, the best types. Take for example, XviD.. XviD rules, and it's free.

gbfan
06-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Just wanted to add this: If you need to find out what codecs you need download Gspot. Then use it with the file that doesn't work it will analyze it and tell you what codecs the file needs and whether or not you have them installed.

Damnatory
06-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by gbfan@20 June 2003 - 19:01
If you need to find out what codecs you need download Gspot.
Yes, Gspot owns. B)

toddiscool
06-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by HangoverMS@20 June 2003 - 17:07
I downloaded that codec pack from K-lite and when I open a file in VirtualDub, it gave me a warning about how the codec was an illegal crack or something like that (I forget the wording). So I got it direct from DivX and haven't had that pop up again.

Has anyone else seen that warning?
Yes i Have seen that warning, any are right Vdub will not let you do anything with it and neither will TMPGEnc, I do not know how to tell ya to fix it (if anyone else know please tell) but i have seen that issue. I do not have any right now or I would add what codec it is. If you have the Klite package then you should be fine but will still have problems with those "illegal" codecs. K-lite pack is the best out there.

awfullwaffle919
06-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Where can I find Gspot?

A list of all the codecs I have:

MP3 (have lame)
WMA 7/8/9 decoder/player (came with WMP)
WMV 7/8/9 decoder/player (came with WMP)
ASF decoder

What I'm looking for:

OGG encoder/decoder
Real, MOV decoders (i'll get QT/RM alternatives)
MPEG1 and VCD encoders/decoders
MPEG2 and SVCD encoders/decoders
DivX or better yet Xvid encoder/decoder
MPEG4 (1 2 or 3?) encoder/decoder
AVI encoder/decoder!

I'd truely like to have all the videos that are on my PC already, and put them all into one same format (the best to play on my Apex DVD player) and have them ready to burn. But what format and how?

imojo
06-20-2003, 09:28 PM
dont know if this the right place for it but ...have dld (tmd) hulk telesynch - divx player 2.0alpha. wmp 9 and bsplayer cannot playit all. gspot says not a valid avi file, type unknown,. same prob with tmd.the hulk.(smf).wp. I have klite codec pack installed believe its latest versoin (e.g it shows DivX Pro [version 5.0.5] [Encoding]). Is it a codec prob ive got or soemthign else? any advice please! did use to have nimo codec but removed so it would not clash or cause probs iwth klite codec pack.

3RA1N1AC
06-20-2003, 10:29 PM
if you don't want to install an all-in-one codec pack, www.divx-digest.com is a good site to help track down the individual codecs.

Damnatory
06-21-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by imojo@20 June 2003 - 22:28
(tmd) hulk telesynch - divx player 2.0alpha. wmp 9 and bsplayer cannot playit all. gspot says not a valid avi file, type unknown,. same prob with tmd.the hulk.(smf).wp.
Thats because .wmp is not an .avi file. Thats Windows Media Player, if you think its a codec problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling your K-lite codec pack. Make sure you have the newest one. And make sure that you highlight huffyuv codec in the install area so that you will have ALL the codecs in the package.

I really don't think it is a codec problem though. Maybe corrupt file if it wont play at all. The audio normally still runs if it is a codec problem.

Damnatory
06-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by awfullwaffle919@20 June 2003 - 22:15
Where can I find Gspot?

Im not quite sure where I got my Gspot, I think it came with the latest version of AVI Preview, either that or it came from the latest K-lite codec pack.

a list of all the codecs I have:

Definatly get the new K-lite codec pack...

awfullwaffle919
06-21-2003, 03:44 AM
I got the KaZaA pack, installed pretty much everything on it.

DivX and Xvid worked fine.

MPEG1 worked fine.

AVI, MPEG4's, MPEG2 SVCD, M2V, OGG, and everything else all didnt work!

callad
06-21-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by awfullwaffle919@20 June 2003 - 22:15
Where can I find Gspot?
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Google can find almost anything...

healimonster
06-21-2003, 05:20 PM
So here is my issue.

I un-installed all my codecs, and installed the "klite codec 203". Which should have all I need.

Well it works for all my divx movies and xvid movies I believe.

However, none of my {TMD}tellesync movies work. like confidence, Identity, xmen2, 2 fast 2 furious, etc work. The play with audio but just a grayed out screen.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Edit:
ALL these movies played properly before, prior to me screwing around with different codecs inorder to get the xvid matrix reloaded version to play properly which did not play properly and now does.

healimonster
06-25-2003, 07:49 PM
bump