PDA

View Full Version : Grey Screen On Vid Playback

robbyd123
06-21-2003, 01:59 AM
All my movies were working fine until a few days ago. Audio still works fine, and all codecs are installed. I decided to give windows media player 9 a try, including the windows media codec pack. I'm not sure if this was the cause of the problem, but now more than half of my movies display a solid grey screen with the audio portion working fine. Same problem on all players, including BS, Divx, WMP and WinDVD. And yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the klite codec pack. If anyone has a clue, I'd be grateful.

TheFilePirater
06-21-2003, 02:01 AM
same thing happen to me, i donno why but i didnt use wmp9, i think i have to formatt :(

kazaaliteuser007
07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
I tried to watch The Red Dragon on BSPLayer and it said all codecs were installed but I'm also getting a grey screen. Any solutions given yet?

maddytherenegade
07-08-2003, 09:55 PM
i also have the same problem..
but, the movies are playing in DIVX player
not in wmp3 or powerDVD

VB
07-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Perhaps G-Spot can give some clue what's going on?

MuGen_PoWeR
07-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by robbyd123@21 June 2003 - 01:59
All my movies were working fine until a few days ago. Audio still works fine, and all codecs are installed. I decided to give windows media player 9 a try, including the windows media codec pack. I'm not sure if this was the cause of the problem, but now more than half of my movies display a solid grey screen with the audio portion working fine. Same problem on all players, including BS, Divx, WMP and WinDVD. And yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the klite codec pack. If anyone has a clue, I'd be grateful.
ok the k-lite codecs got corrupted in some whays when u installed the window media payer codec pack (same thing happend to me but with some other codecs)so what u need to do is unistal the windows media codec pack and unistal the k-lite codec pack. Then restart ur computer and install the k-lite codec pack and if is still doin it unistall the codec pack again and go to
My Computer/c:/windows/system32/ and manually delete the codecs be sure to delete all the codecs in the k-lte pack onece u do that restart ur computer and install k-lte codect pack and that shuld fix the problem

ilw
07-09-2003, 07:05 AM
Or it could be that the contrast settings for one or more of your codecs are set to 0.

kazaaliteuser007
07-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Paul@8 July 2003 - 22:16
Perhaps G-Spot can give some clue what's going on?

Or it could be that the contrast settings for one or more of your codecs are set to 0.
I used that and it said all codecs were installed.

How do i check the contrast levels on a codec?

Im using BSPLayer not windows media player... :unsure:

DJ-KeTTLe
07-14-2003, 08:36 AM
ok the k-lite codecs got corrupted in some whays when u installed the window media payer codec pack (same thing happend to me but with some other codecs)so what u need to do is unistal the windows media codec pack and unistal the k-lite codec pack. Then restart ur computer and install the k-lite codec pack and if is still doin it unistall the codec pack again and go to
My Computer/c:/windows/system32/ and manually delete the codecs be sure to delete all the codecs in the k-lte pack onece u do that restart ur computer and install k-lte codect pack and that shuld fix the problem

i tried that it didnt work for me can some one help me please? :( :angry: :(

bakwas_internet
07-14-2003, 08:50 AM
yup i also have the same problem with some movies:( when played in bsplayer or windows media player ....i dont know how to correct it but u can watch those movies in video lan player.....those movies are displayed correctly by video lan player....hope it helps :D

Ma5t3rM1nD
07-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Well, I had that problem once & the only way to fix it is too format I think the problem is when Windows Media detetecs that the codecs aren't installed it downloads it's own. Then when you install KLite codec pack it conflicts and screws up your codecs.

ilw
07-14-2003, 11:41 AM
I only know how to change contrast settings in bsplayer, in bsplayer its somewhere in options

tarzan
07-14-2003, 07:30 PM
here is how i fixed mine with the same problem
go to settings
choose mpeg4 decoder
then hit properties and hit the reset button
then apply
solved my gray screen problem just fine without having to delete a thing
hope that helps

tarzan
07-14-2003, 07:57 PM
oh yeah,I did that in old school win media player and the settings carried over to the win media player 9
cured up the grey screen
tested it on all my movies and such

MuGen_PoWeR
07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by DJ-KeTTLe@14 July 2003 - 08:36

i tried that it didnt work for me can some one help me please? :( :angry: :(
I don’t know if this might work but try to reinstall windows media player but before you do this make sure to uninstall all the codecs you had installed before. Went you finish reinstalling windows media player reinstall k-lite's codec pack hope this works for you (it did for one of my friends) :rolleyes:

DJ-KeTTLe
07-17-2003, 04:29 AM
I don’t know if this might work but try to reinstall windows media player but before you do this make sure to uninstall all the codecs you had installed before. Went you finish reinstalling windows media player reinstall k-lite's codec pack hope this works for you (it did for one of my friends) 

didnt work

MuGen_PoWeR
07-17-2003, 07:06 AM
well then your comp is fucked up :lol:

DJ-KeTTLe
07-17-2003, 07:13 AM
man it only happen when i installed k-lite codec pack and my comp is 2 weeks old so its not f(_)Ck ed is there a way to uninstall wmp?