PDA

View Full Version : hosting-ie

McLovin
07-19-2007, 05:03 PM
does anybody use them?

I tried signing up for a VPS raptor 2 over 2 w eeks ago.. and submited a ticket a week ago asking how long it would take. they asked me to verify my phone number. which I did.. and now when I try to login it says that my email doesn't exist.

they never charged my credit card or anything.. but it's annoying, since I really wanted to get that.

KevinGarnet
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
i heard that people are annoyed about this.. and they are recommending don't use it.. i am same opinion..

07-19-2007, 09:59 PM
mr friend too never recived the details from hosting-ie for 2 weeks till now :(

beat
07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
And their setup fees are too high.

samoyan
07-20-2007, 03:13 AM
And their setup fees are too high.:yup:

assem
07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
mr friend too never recived the details from hosting-ie for 2 weeks till now :(
i payed by paypal , its much faster,
in only 2 weeks i got my vps :angry:

McLovin
07-21-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty impatient as well.. so it's kinda bad. but the fact that my account was deleted and they won't even reply, doesn't help out at all.

any suggestions of somebody else to go with?

requirements that I need:
no less then 15gb of space.
no less then 500gb of bandwidth (prefer unlimited)
windows os
no more then 35 USD (the less the better of course)

CyDealer
07-21-2007, 05:26 AM
I'm pretty impatient as well.. so it's kinda bad. but the fact that my account was deleted and they won't even reply, doesn't help out at all.

any suggestions of somebody else to go with?

requirements that I need:
no less then 15gb of space.
no less then 500gb of bandwidth (prefer unlimited)
windows os
no more then 35 USD (the less the better of course)

Me too, exactly all those specs, but hd needs to be 30g minimum or maybe 20 at the least. 1tb transfer min. Any 1?

AIO
07-22-2007, 11:15 PM
I got them recently and after 8 days, I finally got my login...but I don't have internet access.

*sigh*

although they did double my hard drive space!! That will be nice ONCE I'M ONLINE DAMMIT!! lol

haydeno
07-23-2007, 05:19 AM
leeeware??? 20gb and i upped 1.7tb in a month(if i tried could hit 2+)

mbucari1
07-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm getting a box from hosting-ie. I ordered it today and I can wait 2+ weeks if need be. I hear that the performance is fantastic, but service is what sucks. No problem though, I have learned of a few pitfalls to avoid with remote servers ;)

07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm close to 6 tb bandwidth with my leeware in about 2 monthes only

ChelseaManiac
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
it took them 4 weeks to setup mine, lol

McLovin
07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
leeware doesn't offer windows os

sperm
07-23-2007, 07:51 PM

so why do you need seedbox axx (siggy), if you managed 6TB in 2 months with leeware :unsure:

07-23-2007, 09:51 PM

so why do you need seedbox axx (siggy), if you managed 6TB in 2 months with leeware :unsure:

i need more hdd and ram to upload in my favourite sites

see this from the leeware

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2645/254655456cj9.png

mbucari1
07-23-2007, 10:17 PM

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2645/254655456cj9.pngAverage of almost 1MB/s :)

Not bad!

07-23-2007, 10:29 PM

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2645/254655456cj9.pngAverage of almost 1MB/s :)

Not bad!

yep

and price is unbeatable :P

InTooDeep
07-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Their service sucks ass. I went over 1 tb within 5 days or so and guess what they did? They capped the speeds on the box and it's totally fuckedup at the moment. I am waiting for the box to get fixed, but it's taken them ages to fix it. Oh well, speeds are nice though. I uploaded about 300 gb in one night on SweDVDR for example.

07-23-2007, 11:34 PM
I uploaded about 300 gb in one night on SweDVDR for example.

Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that

sense
07-24-2007, 02:30 AM
I uploaded about 300 gb in one night on SweDVDR for example.Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that

Most likely referring to Hosting-ie. Leeware is terrible though. You uploaded about 4.8 TB thats great and all but you had to download 1.1 TB! Thats only a little over 4 Ratio which is terrible for a seedbox. Think about it this way, do you know how long you would have to sit in front of that box sitting there deleting old torrents and popping in fresh ones? Even with RSS you have to go through and delete stale torrents (only 20 gigs of space). Huge waste of time. With a decent dedicated box you can pretty much set it and forget it. Check once a day at most and easily get 10+ ratio without breaking a sweat. I have leeware, I know what I am talking about. You have to babysit the thing all day, gets terrible overall routing as well. Works good on sites like TorrentLeech, ST, RevTT (ones with lots of users and not many seedbox users). Terrible at places like FTN, SCT etc, it gets overwhelmed by the Vectoral, Leasweb, Softlayer users.

07-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that

Most likely referring to Hosting-ie. Leeware is terrible though. You uploaded about 4.8 TB thats great and all but you had to download 1.1 TB! Thats only a little over 4 Ratio which is terrible for a seedbox. Think about it this way, do you know how long you would have to sit in front of that box sitting there deleting old torrents and popping in fresh ones? Even with RSS you have to go through and delete stale torrents (only 20 gigs of space). Huge waste of time. With a decent dedicated box you can pretty much set it and forget it. Check once a day at most and easily get 10+ ratio without breaking a sweat. I have leeware, I know what I am talking about. You have to babysit the thing all day, gets terrible overall routing as well. Works good on sites like TorrentLeech, ST, RevTT (ones with lots of users and not many seedbox users). Terrible at places like FTN, SCT etc, it gets overwhelmed by the Vectoral, Leasweb, Softlayer users.

you got the point

That's exactly what i do

All the time sit in front of my pc and watch the box and put new Torrents

that's take almost all my time ;)

InTooDeep
07-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I uploaded about 300 gb in one night on SweDVDR for example.

Is that with leeware?

I can't belive that

I was referring to hosting-ie...

sperm
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Leeware is terrible though. You uploaded about 4.8 TB thats great and all but you had to download 1.1 TB! Thats only a little over 4 Ratio which is terrible for a seedbox. Think about it this way, do you know how long you would have to sit in front of that box sitting there deleting old torrents and popping in fresh ones? Even with RSS you have to go through and delete stale torrents (only 20 gigs of space). Huge waste of time. With a decent dedicated box you can pretty much set it and forget it. Check once a day at most and easily get 10+ ratio without breaking a sweat. I have leeware, I know what I am talking about. You have to babysit the thing all day, gets terrible overall routing as well. Works good on sites like TorrentLeech, ST, RevTT (ones with lots of users and not many seedbox users). Terrible at places like FTN, SCT etc, it gets overwhelmed by the Vectoral, Leasweb, Softlayer users.

very, very true :(

i understand how 0110 is achieving his stats now. lots of hard work.

:D

P2PAlaska
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Anyone using the hosting-ie "VDS Raptor 1+" ? as it seems like a pretty good deal for $49.00us with free windoze. If I'm reading the specs right you split 2X100Mbit three ways on that package? and how much "unlimited" b/w can you actually use before they throttle you?

What kind of FTP speeds can I get to the us from their boxes?

Thanks for any info as I've always used dedicated boxes, but now I'm broke Dick LOL