PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox w/2 IP's

Damien06660
07-20-2007, 12:26 AM
If I have a seedbox with 2 IP's , can I run 2 instances of uTorrent and bind one IP to one instance of uTorrent and one IP to the other? Or is this not possible?

fstrulz
07-20-2007, 12:35 AM
:whistling:

Damien06660
07-20-2007, 12:44 AM
No, you can't bind 2 IPs together like peanut butter and jelly...

Downloading/Uploading from 2 different IPs won't be a problem, since most trackers recognize seedbox IPs.

I dont think thats what im asking,im not trying to bind the IP's together. Im trying separate IP's for each uTorrent.

So what is the point of having 2 IP's on a seedbox then?

SgtMajor
07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
No, you can't bind 2 IPs together like peanut butter and jelly...

Downloading/Uploading from 2 different IPs won't be a problem, since most trackers recognize seedbox IPs.

I dont think thats what im asking,im not trying to bind the IP's together. Im trying separate IP's for each uTorrent.

Create a user account on your seedbox, grant RDC privileges, install firefox & utorrent, you can use the same data as if you were 2 different users to the same tracker.

You need to learn Terminal Services Manager on the seedbox to grant the correct rights.

Keep asking if you are not sure.

Damien06660
07-20-2007, 12:51 AM

Create a user account on your seedbox, grant RDC privileges, install firefox & utorrent, you can use the same data as if you were 2 different users to the same tracker.

You need to learn Terminal Services Manager on the seedbox to grant the correct rights.

Keep asking if you are not sure.

I am not sure,so I will ask. Please explain.

KFlint
07-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Of course you can, don't listen to fstrulz :P

gezzzz, the guide i made about this really felt between two chairs!! :pinch:

if you have a linux seedbox you will certainly enjoy this
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-how-setup-multiple-utorrents-linux-server-202587

I personnaly have 3 utorrents with separated IPs on my box

Have fun!

Damien06660
07-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Of course you can, don't listen to fstrulz :P

gezzzz, the guide i made about this really felt between two chairs!! :pinch:

if you have a linux seedbox you will certainly enjoy this
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-how-setup-multiple-utorrents-linux-server-202587

I personnaly have 3 utorrents with separated IPs on my box

Have fun!

wow, you kick ass.I knew there was a way.

thanks

SgtMajor
07-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Would you know how to create a user on your seedbox?

It's the same as any Win2K machine, right click my computer, manage, local users & groups, right click users, add user, give a user a name & password.

Let us know when you have got that far.

Of course, mine is for Win2K seedboxes, not the Linux leeware ones, doh!

KFlint
07-20-2007, 01:41 AM
btw if it's a leeware, you'll have to pay for extra IPs, but on leaseweb and vectoral you have more than one

DohMein
07-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Yup quite easily done. On one of my boxes I have 2 setups on it. I have always and it works well.

jam0980tr
07-20-2007, 01:43 AM
easy way install utorrent and install Azureus use 2 ips for them thats it

fstrulz
07-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Edit.