PDA

View Full Version : Stable Windows XP

samoyan
07-21-2007, 02:48 AM
What version or release of Windows XP do you use?

Currently, I`m using Windows XP Student release SP2 but I think it`s old already despite all updates, patches, etc. I`m going to format my hard drive and I want to install a stable version.

zapjb
07-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Windows XP Student release SP2 is stable.

mikechrobot
07-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Windows XP PL Enterprise SP2

S!X
07-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Using XP media center edition here with no problems.

peat moss
07-21-2007, 03:43 AM

Kinda my thoughts too Zap . samoyan , what do you mean by old ? I was thinking of trying a version called XP Custom or another new one XP Performance version , is that what you mean .

samoyan
07-21-2007, 03:54 AM

Kinda my thoughts too Zap . samoyan , what do you mean by old ? I was thinking of trying a version called XP Custom or another new one XP Performance version , is that what you mean .By "old" I mean that after you install the system it asks for numerous number of updates (somewhat 50-60 updates). Sometimes these updates ruin the system and after a period of time you need to reformat hard drive and setup the same system again and again and again.

To make things clear about "stable XP", I mean Windows without license or the one like Student release. I have Media Center XP installed on another PC but I don`t use it so often. I am looking for a stable release for my laptop that initially had preinstalled Vista with a bunch of junk software. I didn`t like Vista, so I installed XP. After using XP for a while, I decided to reinstall it and I want to install the latest stable Windows XP release so that I won`t have problems in the future.

zapjb
07-21-2007, 04:06 AM
Then I'd look for XP SP2 student ed. July 2007.

peat moss
07-21-2007, 04:27 AM
Then I'd look for XP SP2 student ed. July 2007.

Oh ok sorry I get it now , something like Etho's releases mabye ? You see alot on Demonoid or ITP every month . I prefer a Install disk like Indego or Gold as I'm more worried about the time it takes to reinstall my fav programs than I am about Win sp2 patches .

I'd suggest making your own Slipstream disk , then just update after a new install . The student versions are the cats meow tho .

tupac
07-22-2007, 12:03 AM
By "old" I mean that after you install the system it asks for numerous number of updates (somewhat 50-60 updates). Sometimes these updates ruin the system and after a period of time you need to reformat hard drive and setup the same system again and again and again.

:blink:

The updates never ruined my system :lol:, and I never heard about anybody with this problem. I have Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007 from ETH0, and it works with no problems.

samoyan
07-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007 from ETH0Can you tell me where did you download this version? I have Student Edition, but it is old.

tupac
07-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007 from ETH0Can you tell me where did you download this version? I have Student Edition, but it is old.

On TL :)

samoyan
07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks!