PDA

View Full Version : Guys Tell Me, Is America's Army A Fun Game?

Vamp
06-21-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm contemplating whether I should download it or not, I know that the game is online, Is it like Counter Strike online, or does it have proper missions like Rainbow Six and stuff, just online? I have an ADSL connection so I guess the game would run well without any lagging right? Also, I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256 megs ram and a Geforce 4 MX440, will the game run decently on those specs? Is it a good game to download, would I have fun?

FrStyleKing
06-21-2003, 03:51 PM
its realistic. dont expect some shootem up game. it was designed by the U.S. military as a recruiting tool. its fun, but hard because a majority of the people who play are extremely good.

Assultsniper
06-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Man you can definetly run this game on your machine! you can run any game with your computer!

Vamp
06-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Postal 2 ran like shit.

Fluffy_Bunny
06-22-2003, 10:44 PM
YES!!! AA IS AWESOME! I've been playing it since beta and I love it! It's quite realistic, according to my buddy in the army, but very different than CS. If you like CS, you might not like AA, but give it a try - it's free, and legal! :lol:

toddiscool
06-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Vamp@22 June 2003 - 23:26
Postal 2 ran like shit.
I think that Postal 2 ran like shiton most machines (if not all), on mine it still takes forever to load, I am using P4 2.0, 756 MB DDR, so do not use that game as a bench mark for your machine.

I know not the question you asked but just thought I would let ya know that.

jubei_yagyu
06-23-2003, 03:07 AM
hmmm.thats like the only game i play..it my fav i love playing on the sniper only servers on the bridege map

any1 eleas wants it the links down in my sig

btw for those who play how much honor you have i only got 40

Kevhead2
06-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Is it possible to Play AA if your on a router. i know i could not connect with other games on gamespy because of it.

Has anyone connected while on a router/firewall

bobalonius
06-24-2003, 11:52 PM
i use the in game server finder behind a router and firewall and have no problems connecting to games.

ndj1022
06-25-2003, 12:00 AM
I've tryed it last year, but I stopped playing it because you had to do all the training missions, is there anyway to not do them?

Cl1mh4224rd
06-25-2003, 07:19 AM
I've downloaded the game, but have yet to install it. I heard from a friend of mine, that the son of a mutual aquaintance of ours had installed the game, after which there was a lot of network activity, even while the game wasn't running.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this, or do you think it was just a coincidence?

CadeLaguana
06-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Great game though I don't play it much anymore since bittorrent came out and I got shitloads of more games. I just can remember when I was playing the bridge map and there is a ledge on the left and right sides of the bridge and I climbed up the ladder, through a nade around the wall, and it killed 3 of there guys, with one nade! That was one of the most proudest moments I have ever had. True too. I was like a king that day. Then I got shot. Good game man, runs so smooth with systems like ours.