PDA

View Full Version : Account Giveaways

mforcex
07-21-2007, 04:56 AM
When you give or receive an account... the username is fixed, and the person on the other end of the end is stuck with it. What do most of you guys do... keep the account name, get it changed, or do you originally make generic account names for the purpose of giving?

I was thinking of giving away an account, but it uses my standard/favorite username and I don't want someone else to appear to be me, ya know?

mikechrobot
07-21-2007, 04:59 AM
can't do nothing about it mate

redMonster
07-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Do not give it away if you don't want anyone else to use your username.

can't do nothing about it mateCorrection: can't do anything about it mate :P

mikechrobot
07-21-2007, 07:32 AM
slang is slang :P

saulin
07-21-2007, 07:45 AM
It depends on the account I guess.

I gave away a few accounts that had my regular name but these were accounts I just did not use or cared about.

Normally though I would give nothing but invites but I still have a bunch of accounts that I will most likely give away because I don't use them.

As far as I know. Once you choose a name, you cannot change it.

zd0d
07-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I don't really care about the names to be honest. I try and use a different name on each tracker anyway...I'm only on three trackers anyways so... :P

LuckIEE
07-21-2007, 09:25 AM
send a msg to admin and they will change it for you just say you dont want to keep the name anymore do it nicely and they will change it.when they do you can give it away :) simple i have dont it here and other places

sear
07-21-2007, 09:30 AM
send a msg to admin and they will change it for you just say you dont want to keep the name anymore do it nicely and they will change it.when they do you can give it away :) simple i have dont it here and other places

i was going to suggest that but...could be a bit risky if they wise on to why you want to change.

As in if you use the same name here.

mikechrobot
07-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't think many admins will let you change your login name, unless you know them well personally

ceasar
07-21-2007, 11:33 AM
LOL, send a message to admin and he'll ban ya! After checking the IP, countries and shite like this. Not a smart move :noes:

optimus_prime
07-21-2007, 12:11 PM
yeah, that's one thing you sure don't want to do. if the admin doesn't ban you on the spot, he sure won't change your username.

BlueLabel
07-21-2007, 12:20 PM
First...
when you give account is better to do it with someone from your area or you'll be band because this IP thing.
second...
one of the lacks of those sites is the nick name that cannot be chage.
so if you not sure just keep it.

phrenzy
07-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Just ask for the account to deleted if you do not want it.........Very easy answer to your question...