PDA

View Full Version : Trackers 2.0

xcivetadei
07-21-2007, 06:03 AM
I'm just starting into the whole world of private trackers and have noticed that most (in my opinion) are lacking in the whole design aspect of the web. I suppose that's not really their purpose to look pretty but to... well, do what they do best. I personally love design and plan to go to college for it, so I had a bit of fun and created logos for a few trackers (in what I guess can be considered the "Web 2.0" style). Tell me what you think.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9466/trackerlogoszp2.jpg

mikechrobot
07-21-2007, 06:05 AM
some of them are nice, like KG, Pedro's and bitsoup, but for the rest I like the normal ones more ;)

Michellin
07-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Lovely logos I especially like Karagarga, and the BT Music Tracker

GaleaNatur
07-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Lovely logos I especially like Karagarga, and the BT Music Tracker

yeap i like these two me too:D

optimus_prime
07-21-2007, 10:23 AM
i think you have tallent, your ideas are good and well thought out. no doubt that your future as a designer will be success.

Beenieman
07-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Impressive designs, You have talent. Well done. :D

kizz200
07-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Really good designs...i like very much, BT Music Tracker

clubzz
07-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Some sites dont like their url mentionned in logos/userbars..
I suggest you remove the urls.

Something Else
07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Maybe try posting them on those sites forums and they might like em :)

pandapop
07-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Some sites dont like their url mentionned in logos/userbars..
I suggest you remove the urls.

Some sites dont like their invites/accounts traded.. but most people here still do it anyway. :happy:

Oh btw, nice designs but i think they are slightly boring, kinda lifeless i guess. I prefer something a little more fun and lively (and not full of childish gangsta themes :whistling *cough* scn).

Daniel
07-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Doesn't s********** have a design competition or is that already over? You might want to check that out.

edit: I meant SCC

BlueLabel
07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
WOW....
you've got some talent dude.
the blackcats logo rules.

redMonster
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
The logos of KG, BitSoup and BitMe are nice.

xcivetadei
07-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the feedback I'm receiving. I'm always looking for some constructive criticism whenever I can get it.

Some sites dont like their invites/accounts traded.. but most people here still do it anyway. :happy:

Oh btw, nice designs but i think they are slightly boring, kinda lifeless i guess. I prefer something a little more fun and lively (and not full of childish gangsta themes :whistling *cough* scn).

@pandapop,
Just wondering if you had any suggestions on how to liven them up a bit. And the fedora on the scn logo was aimed more towards the whole "blackhat underground community" type thing; I never even thought of it as having a gangster-esque feel. Thanks for the different perspective though :).

Doesn't s********** have a design competition or is that already over? You might want to check that out.

edit: I meant SCC

@Daniel,
That contest is actually what made me start doing these logos. I'm still preparing my entry as I did their logo first and then realized how fun it was and didn't finish the rest of the web design, haha.

KevinGarnet
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM
wow.. good job man.. nice logos :)

pandapop
07-21-2007, 07:05 PM
@pandapop,
Just wondering if you had any suggestions on how to liven them up a bit. And the fedora on the scn logo was aimed more towards the whole "blackhat underground community" type thing; I never even thought of it as having a gangster-esque feel. Thanks for the different perspective though .

I was just having a little dig at scenenetwork.org with the gangsta comment, not ur design. I like to see a banner that has a little more than just some fancy text. I think your designs have more of a corporate feel about them, something that might suit an adobe website or similar. We're talking about torrent sites here and the banner is usually the first point of the site that you come into contact with, and i think should emphasise a little more fun and friendliness in relation to the type of place that you're visiting. Just my thoughts anyway.. not criticising your design as they are quite nice, just the context of them.

slau
07-21-2007, 07:21 PM
very nice indeed, I love the bitsoup ^^

rexton85
07-21-2007, 07:38 PM
really nice ;-)

pazsh
07-21-2007, 07:40 PM
I Liked KG, BlackCats, BTMusic And SCC....

Durkslag
07-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I've studied design for several years and have to agree with you, some sites make me throw up :)

But a main reason that sites keep their old banners/logos is because all the members (and everyone else maybe) have associated the design with the site and would be confused if the logo changed.

IMO I think the design/banner should reflect the content (or theme) provided on the site.

Yours looks good but they could be designed for any tracker, try to make them more specific. BitSoup and BlackCats are exceptions :)

sear
07-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Good job mate I especially like the Bitsoup :)

xcivetadei
07-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I was just having a little dig at scenenetwork.org with the gangsta comment, not ur design. I like to see a banner that has a little more than just some fancy text. I think your designs have more of a corporate feel about them, something that might suit an adobe website or similar. We're talking about torrent sites here and the banner is usually the first point of the site that you come into contact with, and i think should emphasise a little more fun and friendliness in relation to the type of place that you're visiting. Just my thoughts anyway.. not criticising your design as they are quite nice, just the context of them.

I understand completely. I take the whole "your designs have more of a corporate feel" bit as a huge compliment. Corporations seek to portray a sense of professionalism which is what I'll need when I get into the real design world where I'll be designing for businesses and the like. I agree that the context is a bit wrong, haha. If I were designing a website for an online store it would need to look corporate to gain a potential customers trust. No one wants to give their credit card number to a website that looks like most torrent trackers. In this sense, if the tracker doesn't look at least a little shady then it's probably run by Media Defender, haha.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has commented in this thread. It is much appreciated.

Elit3_T3AM
07-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Great designs but i gotta say the FTN logo looks kinda dull haha

nag13
07-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Very nice. I think the SCT looks very Noir. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir)

N.

nadeem111as
07-22-2007, 06:43 AM
i love some of it
like btmusic
black cats

mido
07-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Great designs, especially KG and SCC

try contacting site admins, they may love those new logos