PDA

View Full Version : Tracker Ratings Should Be Redone

mforcex
07-23-2007, 02:57 AM
The tracker ratings should be redone. Why? People view it, go straight to level 10, and think, I must get in them! I will sell my soul for a level 10 invite! It's pretty deceptive, and then for trading, people trade based on rarity vs quality. I'm proposing that the ratings list is redone and that it is a MIX of the 2 ratings listed, rarity + content/speed/pre/etc.

Discuss.

Skiz
07-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Been discussed to death, really.

Mano_Man
07-23-2007, 03:42 AM
i think trackers must be orderd according to its content and speed and rarity as well

Skiz
07-23-2007, 03:47 AM
i think trackers must be orderd according to its content and speed and rarity as well

Why? So that members will start believing that SCT and TL are equal? :wacko:

The system is primarily about rarity. It's like anything else - supply and demand.

mforcex
07-23-2007, 03:55 AM

Why? So that members will start believing that SCT and TL are equal? :wacko:

The system is primarily about rarity. It's like anything else - supply and demand.
Let's look at supply and demand shall we.
Let's think of FTN as like a PS3 during launch. Everyone wanted it, it was way overrated, and then everyone saw how badly it sucked. Thankfully, with the PS3, after people realized it sucked, no one cared about it anymore. FTN sucks, but because of a silly thread, it is hyped up, and people think it is uber.

And Skizo, I said to factor in rarity. So SCT/TL both a 10 on content and bla bla, factor in rarity we will put TL at 7 and SCT at 10, deal?

deuce6000
07-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Ftn doesn't suck at all so what you just said doesn't mean much.Why don't you just take what you know and use it who cares what the ratings say.

Skiz
07-23-2007, 04:00 AM
What little credibility you had, just went out the window when you said FTN sucked.

Care to back that up with reason?

mforcex
07-23-2007, 04:03 AM
What little credibility you had, just went out the window when you said FTN sucked.

Okay, FTN doesn't suck per say, but I expected it to be much, much better. It's a barren wasteland in terms of leechers, speed isn't great, however they do seem to get everything content wise.

BTW, people will continue to discuss the ratings to death because a lot of people feel it needs to be changed. It is currently deceptive.

deuce6000
07-23-2007, 04:04 AM
It isn't binding though,it's not the law it's someones opinion and you know what they say about opinions.Well goodnight guys.

PiraSoftCORP
07-23-2007, 04:13 AM
how about killing the tracker ratings completely. thats a better idea.

fstrulz
07-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Okay, FTN doesn't suck per say, but I expected it to be much, much better. It's a barren wasteland in terms of leechers, speed isn't great, however they do seem to get everything content wise...

Obviously, you're not in FTN... So stop judging a book by its cover. :)

Mano_Man
07-23-2007, 04:40 AM

how???????????

0Ri0N
07-23-2007, 09:06 AM

It would be funny to see how would the market react. :naughty:
Probably nothing would change....

KevinGarnet
07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
mhm.. trackers' ratings should be made of everything.. like now are.. content.. users limit.. at all all things.. now ratings are good.. that's my opinion..
FTN is really good tracker.. and maybe it is the best with ScT..

pone44
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Cant knock f*n. Im not a member. Seems this went a little off topic but what about your opinions on tl -scc-rsr-scn-tracks like that? Compared to f*n or s*t..? What do you think besides rarity(of invites,membership) and user limits, of the content of those sites to the high rated? what about the wheels?

vytexx
07-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I think that tracker ratings is pretty good and that f*t and s*t is "da best" :)

Crystyan16
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I think the Tracker Ratings is very good and shouldn't be redone. A trader should decide if he wants rarity or contsnts+speeds (if you want only speed+contents tl is perfect and you don't need to trade anymore) . For example I don't need F*N, U*-T, F**R which are level 9 and 10 because I am satisfied with the general trackers I have.
As Skizzo said it's all about supply and demand so I think the Tracker Ratings should remain the same.

phrenzy
07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I think the WIAW thread should be burned because it puts a value to invites and accounts.... Makes people greedy. IMO things where much better at FST before that thread came to be....

kaffeine
07-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I think that it's good to have a ranking that includes every aspect of a tracker (as it's been said before).
The problem is that most people take it too literally and can be misguiding in that way (but then again, so can be a "this tracker sox" thread, as it's mostly composed of personal opinion).
But if the ranking is taken as it should (a mere guide and not a law) it serves a good "guide"

blackbird
07-23-2007, 08:34 PM
i got FTN and ScT invite for free .. because the people who invited me doesnt care about the rarity of a tracker .. (maybe they havent read the WIAW thread ..lol)

the WIAW thread is making people greedy .. i loved the reviews .. without those reviews i would have never known about those wonderful trackers .. but the rarity rating was unnecessary .. if that rarity rating never existed people might have shared invites more .. most of the traders trade site that they dont need to get into trackers they need... that sucks

TheFoX
07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
The idea behind the WIAW thread is to offer a simplistic guideline which members can then use to decide what they want. As with all honest mechanisms, though, it can be abused.

Rarity of accounts is often used to increase their worth, regardless of whether they are worth anything. The ability to sign up to a tracker is considered worthless to having to trade accounts to gain an invite, which boosts the trackers' worth.

So, what is a tracker actually worth?

In the most simple terms, a tracker is worth what the account owner thinks it is worth. Two people will not rate the tracker at the same level, because their perceptions of that tracker may differ.

We hear phrases such as 'pre-time', 'community' and 'content', yet what do they actually mean. On any given community, you will have the lurkers and the activists. The activists are those who are active in the forums and/or IRC, or who upload. These people treat the community as an extension of themselves, and their peers are their online buddies. The lurkers, on the other hand, just check the browse page, read a few threads without responding, and could probably delacct.php without blinking.

Two different groups of people, and two different views of the same tracker community.

So, what is a tracker worth? It is worth exactly what someone is prepared to put into that community. Hard work will always pay off. Ask the staffers at numerous communities, who were at one stage ordinary members who went that extra step and became an activist.

So, when you see FTN at lvl 10, this means that someone who is active has the opinion that the tracker is of that level. Someone who has acquired an account for trade will advertise that tracker as lvl 10, but to them it's worth is not lvl 10, otherwise they would not be trading it. It's worth, then, is only what that tracker will gain them.

AugustoP
07-23-2007, 09:42 PM
It won't change anything, you'll never get an FTN invite for, let's say, Oink invite. While it influences the market more than it should, people with axx at top trackers are hardcore traders and won't let go invites easily. They know the value. It'll never be like "you've got what i need, i've got what you need, let's trade".
And when it comes to buffered accounts tracker levels don't mean a thing. You transform TL account into FTN invite in a week or so.

Ratzy Rox
07-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Tracker ratings just shouldn't exist. People weren't so demanding back in the day before they were created. At the time when they were created they were pretty good since it stopped people cluttering the invites section with trades which wouldn't happen. Since then its spun out of control and people set far too much store by the ratings becoming greedy and hoarding sites rather than trading for sites they actually want to be active on.

slick99
07-23-2007, 10:21 PM
i think with all the traders in this top tracker sites, u'd think there speed would lack cuz they dont all use the sites they have, they just use them for bragging rights or to trade. the real good trackers are the middle of the line trackers where its not difficult, but not super easy to get into and the people there have the seedboxs and are actually using there accts, ie bitmetv, oink, revtt. i'd take pu on all three of them over sct or ftn anyday. again i like having the stuff asap but i also like the fact that they bring a lot more than just pretime, but speed, leechers, seeders, and good community not based on people who dont use the site.

LinkS v2.0
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
You guys want to know what invites are worth?

nothing theyre meant to be given out for free.

InTooDeep
07-23-2007, 11:18 PM
You guys want to know what invites are worth?

nothing theyre meant to be given out for free.

Halleluja !! :yup:

KFlint
07-23-2007, 11:23 PM
move on, this topic has already been discussed so often...

Brandon
07-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Let's look at supply and demand shall we.
Let's think of FTN as like a PS3 during launch. Everyone wanted it, it was way overrated, and then everyone saw how badly it sucked. Thankfully, with the PS3, after people realized it sucked, no one cared about it anymore. FTN sucks, but because of a silly thread, it is hyped up, and people think it is uber.

:lol: Second I saw your nick as the creater of this topic, I KNEW what the purpose of it would be. Yet another anti-ftn topic/post from you. :frusty:

Didn't I ban you on FTN? Maybe that's why you're so pissy :P

Read his post history and then tell me if you really think he "had" any credibility at all.

move on, this topic has already been discussed so often...

:yup:

Tiffany
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
It should be based on:

* How good the content is
* How varied the content is
* How fast the pre-times are
* How fast the upload speeds are

...and not how hard it is to get an invite to! I mean, if a site doesn't give out invites, it's automatically rated higher. Silly.

Roark
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Rarity rankings have a place because this is a trading forum - it's useful to know how hard it is to get an invite when making trades. Some people may be taking the rankings too personally, the thread is clearly labelled what invites are worth, not what trackers are worth.

deuce6000
07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
As with anything in life the more people want something the more it is going to cost and harder it is going to be to get.Why should this be any different.

xbawksz
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Just because you want to trade a TL invite for a UK-T invite doesn't mean the rating system should be changed.

Never going to happen. Give it up. People want stuff that nobody else has. It's called an E-Penis. This is the way it always has been and always will be. It could be the most useless thing but if only one person has it everybody wants to be just that one person. It boils down to the basic thought that everybody wants to be special. So in conclusion, the rating system is fine. Go make some friends in IRC chat rooms and on forums and maybe you can get that hard to get invite.

Daniel
07-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Just a quick question. Why not rework the ratings based on what is actually being traded right now? With so many new threads each day it would be reasonable to create a new level-ranking based on real data instead of people who vote or advertise changes with their own agenda.

AugustoP
07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Just a quick question. Why not rework the ratings based on what is actually being traded right now? With so many new threads each day it would be reasonable to create a new level-ranking based on real data instead of people who vote or advertise changes with their own agenda.

People trade invites here, not oil or stocks. Each deal is unique in some way.