PDA

View Full Version : So i'll get an xbox mod chip, now how do i replace the hard drive after that?

Tanner31593
07-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Ok,

so this is basically an update to my other xbox thread which i forgot all about.

So my xbox hard drive is bad and the xbox is not modded.

So, i guess im going to send the xbox in to modchipman.com and for $49.99 they will install a mod chip and for $15 they add a Duo X2 which i know nothing about but whatever.

So after I do that, how do i replace the hard drive?
Surely I dont just stick in any IDE hard drive, so what do i do?

modchipman.com has an option to include your own hard drive for like $24.99 if i remember right but if i can do it myself than that would be great.

So is it easy or impossible?

Thanks,

Tanner.

PS, i wont forget about the thread this time!

OK read this before posting....
Scratch out everything i just said up there ^^^.
I think im just going to go solderless and buy a chip (because i have only a little idea of what soldering is, ive seen it done, but thats all).

Whats the CHEAPEST chip that is 100% solderless and will allow me to easily add a hard drive without very much hassle with the bios and all that junk.
I'm not saying its going to be easy for me (being a complete newbie and having no idea at all), but now it seems like the broken xbox in the corner is challenging me.......

So in a nutshell i need a chip that is 100% solderless, and not really expensive (the cheaper the better), and as for the rest, i can cross that bridge when it comes.

Thanks for tolerating all this!

SingaBoiy
07-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Can always try this:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-soft-modding-your-xbox-easy-way-81712

I havent updated it in a while :lol: Scroll down to installing a new hd part. (Reality edited the post adding in the pics that were lost cause of the server hosting them going down)

Tanner31593
07-31-2007, 01:41 AM
OK, after i spend the money on a mod chip i will then have to buy extra things on top of that?

colt45joe
07-31-2007, 06:12 AM
modchip + new harddrive... thats all you'll have to buy.