PDA

View Full Version : The DVD Club vs. Swebits?

adesai
07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I just got an account at Swebits, and I'm ridiculously impressed by the selection of DVD-Rs, old and new. The only problem is, I don't speak a word of Swedish... which makes using the site a bit difficult. My question is, are there any English trackers that can match Swebits for content, as well as not being too difficult to get? I've heard that The DVD Club may be good... any input?

Daniel
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
A considerable part of Swebits' releases are "Nordic" which means that you'll still get your English audio track but have a couple of Scandinavian subtitles available. There are of course exceptions but try looking through a few torrents and you'll notice information to that extent.

Vidde
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
One thing I do not understand, is how you're not able to use the site. They have "torrents" like their browse section, and a prescript in swedish below the torrentname :p Shouldn't be too hard of a problem gettin' around ^^

TheDVDClub is DVDR only, and a friendly staff as I can recall, dunno how the selection etc is though :/

Regards
-Vidde

adesai
07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it's true that I can use the site for basic stuff, what I meant was it's hard to do anything more in depth. While downloading torrents isn't much of a problem, I can't really participate in the forums or anything.

Daniel
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, if you're searching for a DVD tracker you can participate in, TTi is an alternative you should consider. They're doing crazy things with their free leech contents but both their number of users and torrents is smaller than Swebits for example.

vytexx
07-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Only one site can compete with swebits and it's swedvdr but it's swedish too :(

thegoan
07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
tti has a free movie everyday...

KevinGarnet
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
DVD club is great tracker.. but i think swebits is better of content.. i don't understand Swedish also.. but i use this tracker and almost have not problems..

fstrulz
07-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it's true that I can use the site for basic stuff, what I meant was it's hard to do anything more in depth. While downloading torrents isn't much of a problem, I can't really participate in the forums or anything.

If you want an English tracker that specializes in DVDRs, where you can participate in their forums, then TheDVDClub, WB, and Pisexy are your best choices. All 3 trackers have active forums, where members can make requests or post what DVDRs they have to offer. All 3 trackers also have generous members who are willing to fill requests by other members (I usually get my requests filled within just a couple of days).

saulin
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
SweDVDR, Swebits, Powerbits and Norbits I think are the best trackers for DVD-Rs. The only site that can compete with Swebits is SweDVDR like someone said.

TheDVDClub is nice but is still young. It's in English and it is nice that it has the original group releases not all the subbed stuff that gets uploaded at other trackers.

If you want an English tracker that specializes in DVDRs, where you can participate in their forums, then TheDVDClub, WB, and Pisexy are your best choices. All 3 trackers have active forums, where members can make requests or post what DVDRs they have to offer. All 3 trackers also have generous members who are willing to fill requests by other members (I usually get my requests filled within just a couple of days).

fstrulz thanks for the info. One thing I don't like about Swebits and SweDVDR is that the forums are not English and therefore is not easy to request anything there.

SpiderPig
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
DVD Club's speeds are too slow

Try TTi (good speeds, but a lot are PAL), any general trackers like TL, WB (I heard they have good PAL to NTSC torrents), and TopHos (they too have good PAL to NTSC torrents).