PDA

View Full Version : Please God Help Me! Huge Bittorrent Problem!

Vamp
06-22-2003, 11:06 PM
I tried to get Jedi Knight 2 off BT, it made a folder and automatically reserved the space, it did about 1% before I decided to cancel it...Then I went and deleted the folder, and all the files, and I didn't get my space back! 700 Megs missing! I don't know what to do! I've done scandisks and everything... Then I went and tried to see the problem and began Downloading Warcraft 3, I looked in the folder it reserved, there were about 20 rar files, and it took 500 megs off my HD, but when I look at properties of that folder, it says 0 bytes, resumed the file and then after it did 1% I deleted it cuz it told me the folder was 500 megs, which was correct, I got those 500 megs back... I can't resume the Jedi Knight 2 one, becaues I deleted the folder and didn't get the space back! PLEASE GOD HELP ME! almost a gig has gone missing and I it them back!
Please help me !

junkyardking
06-23-2003, 03:42 AM
dont be slack!

Do a search for large files using the search function in windows.

Did you empty the rubbish bin?

callum
06-23-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Vamp@23 June 2003 - 00:06
I tried to get Jedi Knight 2 off BT, it made a folder and automatically reserved the space, it did about 1% before I decided to cancel it...Then I went and deleted the folder, and all the files, and I didn't get my space back! 700 Megs missing! I don't know what to do! I've done scandisks and everything... Then I went and tried to see the problem and began Downloading Warcraft 3, I looked in the folder it reserved, there were about 20 rar files, and it took 500 megs off my HD, but when I look at properties of that folder, it says 0 bytes, resumed the file and then after it did 1% I deleted it cuz it told me the folder was 500 megs, which was correct, I got those 500 megs back... I can't resume the Jedi Knight 2 one, becaues I deleted the folder and didn't get the space back! PLEASE GOD HELP ME! almost a gig has gone missing and I it them back!
Please help me !
For godsake calm down.

alan36uk
06-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Bittorrent makes a file (where you decided you wanted it) the WHOLE file size of the download !
Sort by size or something to locate it !! then lob it in the bin.

Jonne
06-27-2003, 09:14 AM
i'll bet €20 it's still in the recycle bin... :)

LINDOREZ
06-27-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Jonne@27 June 2003 - 09:14
i'll bet €20 it's still in the recycle bin... :)
Yeah he's probably got a norton protected recycle bin and didn't purge the files.

If not try using norton systemworks to clean out your system. I imagine you tried defragmenting, that may help. Otherwise its only a gig so i wouldn't worry too much. If you really want it back so bad you can just reformat your computer. :D