PDA

View Full Version : Setting up seedbox questions

david091
07-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey guys, I have a seedbox and i have a few questions..

What program do I use to setup the FTP? Is it simple?

2nd, If i didn't want to use a FTP to download the stuff to my personal computer, how would i create a torrent hosted on the seedbox for me to download. Would it be http://seedboxip/announce ?

I have windows on this seedbox, is it possible to run 2 UTorrent's on one Windows account (the account is a Administrator)and have one UI access and the other one aswell just using different ports? If not, how about running 2 UTorrent's at all.

Here is my final question. I want to know if theres a program available that tracks all my bandwidth use for incoming/outcoming connections. I know i can use the control panel for this but I wanted to know if there is a program out to do it aswell and what program is it?

Thanks guys, it is appreciated

samoyan
07-27-2007, 01:28 AM
In order to get access to my files on my seedbox, I installed Serv-U FTP server on seedbox and FTP Voyager on my home PC. My download speed is almost 400-500 kB/s. Just use correct settings in Serv-U to improve speeds (http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3885).

I also had an idea to install my own tracker to download my files from seedbox with decent speeds, but I think it would be pain in the ass.

seppypom
07-27-2007, 01:36 AM
I also had an idea to install my own tracker to download my files from seedbox with decent speeds, but I think it would be pain in the ass.

FTP is faster

david091
07-27-2007, 01:38 AM
What FTP do you guys use on the server? I use cuteftp at home...

More guys pls chime in

And also, anyone know about the Bandwidth logger?

P2PAlaska
07-27-2007, 02:17 AM
For a windoze box Serv-U for the server and cuteftp(multi-thread or FlashFXP single thread) for a client and you can't go wrong.

Use Du Meter to track your b/w.

Yes you can use more than one copy of utorrent, but if your going to share your server, you might want to setup a VPS/VDS for your users.

07-27-2007, 04:34 AM

FTP is faster

i have my owen tracker and i'm doing this many times :D

david091
07-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the help. I installed an FTP and a BW meter and both worked fine. My only problem is that I am only getting 450-500 kb/s from the server when its capable of much more. I've gotten over 5 mB/s ( 5 mega bytes per sec) on UTorrent and easily reach over 1 Mb for sure. My internet connect is 9-10 mb up/1 mb download and I know it isn't my ISP/connection. There is something else wrong, anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone why?

2nd, How do I run a 2nd utorrent in windows server 2003 and is it possible to run 2 UI's with different ports?

david091
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
bump?

GINZY
07-28-2007, 04:04 AM
i download from leeware through http and with 200KB/s , i use IDM and my connection is 1,5MB download speed so the maximum speed i got is about 200KB/s. Can i get faster speed with FTP ? I guess not cause my my connection is slow.Wish i could upgrade it.