PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade From Xp Home To Xp Pro

the-ninja69
06-25-2003, 02:09 AM
Can you upgrade from Windows XP Home to Windows XP Professional. Also because I am going to get a laptop and I do not want to spend the extra money getting XP Professional. So I will just XP Home and use this extractor I have and upgrade to it.

nizers
06-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Depends on what kind of Laptop your going to be getting. On my desktop PC (HP) i have the HE and i tried upgrading to PRO using TRshady's verified and it wouldn't work quite right (i couldn't get my resoulution higher then 600x400). I'm sure it was just a drivers problem, but i also ended up losing all the software that my PC came with. All of that trouble basically just to say that i had the PRO version. In my advice, i wouldn't do it. If you do decide to do it... save yourself even more money and tell them to keep all the software that your going to lose anyways, besides you can always DL whatever software you want later on.

Amarjit
06-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Just buy the Professional upgrade, it allows you to upgrade from Windows from all the way to Win 95 to Home Edition.

Wolfmight
06-27-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Amarjit@26 June 2003 - 13:07
Just buy the Professional upgrade, it allows you to upgrade from Windows from all the way to Win 95 to Home Edition.
buy? hehe

balamm
06-27-2003, 03:08 AM
The "professional upgrade" part sounded odd enough :blink: lol

I think I personaly have $10 invested in software. The rest I get given to me or I might make a quick copy while installing for someone ( shhhhhh......) or the nice people of kazaa supply me with what I need... For purely educational or evaluation use only of course!!

the-ninja69
06-27-2003, 03:17 AM
I have win xp pro corp extractor. It is corp so u dont need to activate and you can upgrade and do a clean install.

balamm
06-27-2003, 03:21 AM
you can upgrade and do a clean install

Both or either? they're 2 different things.

I dunno what this thing you're talking about is but it seems to me at least that the more of this type of thing that gets around, the more "bastardized" these OS's become.
To the point where you won't ever really know what it is you're running or if it really is a secure OS.

RPerry
06-27-2003, 06:55 AM
I'm at the same point, trying to decide whether to install or not... I still use 98SE, its very stable for me, but I want to mess with XP. I bought Windows ME, and a full install 98SE, so after $300 in OS's another $90 wouldn't kill me, but greatly piss me off :angry: