PDA

View Full Version : FSC Announcement: Say Cheese!

jam0980tr
07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Hello FunSharers

We are happy to say that after more than two years our tracker is both active and healthy. We can honestly say our community is truly special and unique in the torrent scene. Our content is unbelievable, the forums are active as ever, IRC is a blast and the Clubs are flourishing. We would like to thank all the uploaders, seeders and users who make this tracker so great.

With that being said we would like to make a few reminders:

Share Index
The Share Index is a combination of your share ratio (how long you stay on a torrent) & file ratio (how much you upload). This is counted on every torrent you download. your file ratio is the same as it is everywhere and tells you how much you have uploaded overall. the share ratio works on the amount of time you spend seeding. you get 0.10 bonus every 24 hours, The 2 systems combine to make the overall "share index" this is the one you need to pay more attention to. If you cant seed the file back to 1.0 (file ratio) you need to keep seeding so you boost up your share ratio so that it makes a combined share index of 1.0 or above. you can check when the torrents can be stopped Here (http://f********g.net/usertorrents.php/redir.php?url=http://f********g.net/usertorrents.php/). Bookmark that page and regularly check on the right of every torrent for the overall time to go green. This means you have hit 1.0 on that file.

Freeleech
You may from time to time be given freeleech slots. This is a way of giving everybody a chance to grab a big torrent that they might not normally look at because of the damage to the file ratio. The downloaded amount of a freeleech torrent doesn't get counted to your ratio, Only the amount you upload does. This helps you boost your ratio too. This is not a hit and run slot you will still need to seed it back to a 1.0 share index. this is the same as every other torrent you download.

Hit and Running will not be tolerated so be warned now.

Community
Remember the Forums (http://f********g.net/usertorrents.php/redir.php?url=http://f********g.net/forums.php/) IRC (http://f********g.net/usertorrents.php/redir.php?url=http://f********g.net/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=10084&hash=0ba4cffb4fb7851fe6c5f9b33e5b4ea9&page=last/) and Clubs (http://f********g.net/usertorrents.php/redir.php?url=http://f********g.net/forums.php?action=viewover&oid=8/) are all there for your enjoyment. Fun is what the community here is all about. Please try and take a moment to leave a comment on the files you download. All feedback is welcome and it gives our uploaders a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Enjoy your stay here, take a minute to read the Rules here (http://f********g.net/usertorrents.php/redir.php?url=http://f********g.net/rules.php/)

Many Thanks
//FSC Staff

dragos
07-29-2007, 02:06 PM
They have a great sistem there , wish others would implement something similar

jam0980tr
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM

FSC GOT 10 DAY'S SEEDING RULES
THAT'S BAD THING ABOUT FSC

dragos
07-29-2007, 02:23 PM

FSC GOT 10 DAY'S SEEDING RULES
THAT'S BAD THING ABOUT FSC

Thats good m8. A tracker is all about helping others the same way they helped you , by seeding. And i think this is a great way to compensate for the low user DB.

KFlint
07-29-2007, 04:30 PM
btw, why you start3ed this thread?

there not any new annoucement in that ;)

jam0980tr
07-29-2007, 04:44 PM
btw, why you start3ed this thread?

there not any new annoucement in that ;)

well my mate had this new annoucement and he shared it with me so i shared it with fst :happy:

UltraGT
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Can anyone tell me FSC tracker address?

fstrulz
07-29-2007, 06:37 PM

http:// (http://www.fantasticsuperclub.org/)www.FantasticSuperClub.org (http://www.fantasticsuperclub.org/)

dragos
07-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Only alowed to refer as FSC in public, nothing else alowed

Skiz
07-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I wish they would add some leechers. I think doubling their members would be a good start. :ermm:

I haven't even used my account there as I know I can find equal or better speeds elsewhere and still be able to seed back. There quite simply aren't enough members.

I also wouldn't agree with the content being "unbelievable", but I guess that's best decided by each user.

saulin
07-29-2007, 06:47 PM
I wish they would add some leechers. I think doubling their members would be a good start. :ermm:

I haven't even used my account there as I know I can find equal or better speeds elsewhere and still be able to seed back. There quite simply aren't enough members.

I also wouldn't agree with the content being "unbelievable", but I guess that's best decided by each user.

That's what I said. I never used my account because I really don't think the content is unbelievable and the speed is no better than other trackers where I can actually seed back.

UltraGT
07-29-2007, 06:51 PM

http://www.FantasticSuperClub.org (http://www.FantasticSuperClub.org) Thanx :)

dragos
07-29-2007, 06:52 PM
http:// (http://www.FantasticSuperClub.org)www.FantasticSuperClub.org (http://www.fantasticsuperclub.org/) Thanx :)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fstrulz
07-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Skizo... Just wondering...

Are you that staff in F***?

Skiz
07-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Skizo... Just wondering...

Are you that staff in F***?

Nah. Been asked accused of that a few times though.

fstrulz
07-29-2007, 07:01 PM
:D I think I've seen more than 2 staffs in other trackers with similar handle to yours...

nadeem111as
07-29-2007, 07:06 PM
very very nice system
love the site

fatma
07-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I haven't even used my account there as I know I can find equal or better speeds elsewhere and still be able to seed back.

They don't ask you to seed back, they just ask you to seed, even if your upload speed is infinitesimal small

saulin
07-29-2007, 09:07 PM
They don't ask you to seed back, they just ask you to seed, even if your upload speed is infinitesimal small

All ratio trackers need you to seed back. I mean you can easily download 100 gigs in a few days but you won't be able to keep a good ratio on a tracker that does not have many leechers at all.

IMO leechers are much needed to be able to keep a good ratio. Unlees you are able to upload your own stuff.

fatma
07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
saulin , if you are a member of FSC , just read what Retro said in forums .
Briefly : he said that at FSC , usually, it is impossible to keep a 1:1 ratio (small tracker , few leechers etc), and because of that there is a Share Index system, where you can get a 1:1 ratio , with 0 uploaded , by seeding hours .

saulin
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Briefly : he said that at FSC , usually, it is impossible to keep a 1:1 ratio (small tracker , few leechers etc), and because of that there is a Share Index system, where you can get a 1:1 ratio , with 0 uploaded , by seeding hours .

That's true and that usually works ok. A few sites allow you to buy credit with seeding bonus. However it takes a lot longer to get bonus points to buy upload credit than it takes to download. Again it's very easy to download 100 gigs in days but is not easy to upload that much in a short period of time unless there are leechers. It's better when you get bonus points per torrent rather than per hr.

I personally think that small trackers with not many users should open the doors more often to get more action goin on. Those trackers usually have users that don't use the tracker much because seeding can be tough.

BitHDTV has a nice bonus system. It's per torrent and it helps a lot because HD content is huge and you can use gigs so easy and seeding it all back could take a very long time.

TheFoX
07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
I personally think that small trackers with not many users should open the doors more often to get more action goin on.

Why do you think they have closed doors in the first place?

It stands to reason that if you want to boost membership, you have a signup system, but many closed door sites are run by people who have already been taken down before.

Remember Loki and ET. Both were taken down by force (not forgetting the numerous other trackers that were taken down by force). Maybe the new trackers don't wish to be as big as their old parents were.

It may be a false sense of security, but it is all that many tracker staff have.

Roark
07-29-2007, 10:26 PM

Yea, but who wants to seed a file for 10 days? Certainly no one with a decent connection. In any case, they have a nice, friendly community there that I'm happy to be a part of even if I don't use the tracker. And there's lots of great stuff for people who like rare anime etc.

fatma
07-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Lemme see... I'm seeding one torrent there for 3187 hours .I seed when I can for unlimited time . Though recently it is very difficult to me , due to a "lack" of my own PC and problems with the fucking ISP . Actually I think that more than 40% of torrent users can leave the torrents they download seeding for more than 10 days . I mean, they don't delete them right after they snatch them , otherwise they are insane .

kapowcowpwned
07-30-2007, 01:26 AM
[quote=Roark;2166497Yea, but who wants to seed a file for 10 days? Certainly no one with a decent connection. In any case, they have a nice, friendly community there that I'm happy to be a part of even if I don't use the tracker. And there's lots of great stuff for people who like rare anime etc.[/quote]

Frankly, if you don't want to seed a torrent for more then 10days you don't deserve to be a member there....

jam0980tr
07-30-2007, 02:44 AM
[quote=Roark;2166497Yea, but who wants to seed a file for 10 days? Certainly no one with a decent connection. In any case, they have a nice, friendly community there that I'm happy to be a part of even if I don't use the tracker. And there's lots of great stuff for people who like rare anime etc.

Frankly, if you don't want to seed a torrent for more then 10days you don't deserve to be a member there....[/quote]

All i can say is seed 10 day's but you don't have to upload nuffin and u will get that 1.1 share it's kind of far to me but still 10 day's makes people think bad thing about fsc.

seppypom
07-30-2007, 02:54 AM
its really no big deal to seed it that long,

Skiz
07-30-2007, 03:15 AM

I don't surmise the majority of members have a problem with a torrent sitting in their client for that long, but they don't see the need to either. Most everything I download with torrents can be seeded back on an alternate tracker within a day or two and be done with it.

I appears most are of a similar opinion.

KevinGarnet
07-30-2007, 10:12 AM
mhm.. interesting system.. it has some minuses and some pluses.. we will see if it is good..

Roark
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM

I don't surmise the majority of members have a problem with a torrent sitting in their client for that long, but they don't see the need to either. Most everything I download with torrents can be seeded back on an alternate tracker within a day or two and be done with it.

Exactly, downloading should be as painless as possible, this is just one more hassle to consider (am I going out of town, am I at a computer-illerate friend's house and would feel like an idiot telling him he has to keep his computer on for 10 days now for that half hour episode of Scrubs ...) Much simpler to just get it from ScT.

oilslick
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Congratulations to FSC for their hard work, i'm not a member, but their system sounds truly innovative! With that system there is no hurt grabbing an old movie. And that is what sharing should all be about :)

Just out of curiosity. The ten day seeding rule, what happens if you have a power blackout?

fatma
07-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Just out of curiosity. The ten day seeding rule, what happens if you have a power blackout?

Nothing happens . No one expects you to seed nonstop . You should seed 10 days IN TOTAL .

seppypom
07-30-2007, 05:43 PM

Exactly, downloading should be as painless as possible, this is just one more hassle to consider (am I going out of town, am I at a computer-illerate friend's house and would feel like an idiot telling him he has to keep his computer on for 10 days now for that half hour episode of Scrubs ...) Much simpler to just get it from ScT.

Ironic how its the ppl like us that makes the torrent still there when you come looking for them, and the users like this that make the torrents die, or have crappy D/L speeds.

barral01
07-30-2007, 07:35 PM
10 DAYS SEEDING is too much.

kapowcowpwned
07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people don't seed for 10days, like everysingle torrent I've downloaded to date has been seeded till its deleted or dies. Whats the big deal with keeping the torrent alive and helping with the seeding?

Edit: Most of the people complaining have servers with a small harddrive? Why not get the file off of you harddrive and seed it from your home computer? Then you can have the space needed on the server to get new releases and you are still seeding the file for 10days... its a win win situation if you ask me.

saulin
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Ironic how its the ppl like us that makes the torrent still there when you come looking for them, and the users like this that make the torrents die, or have crappy D/L speeds.

If I were to seed everything I download for at least 10 days.

1. My HDD would be full all the time since I would have the keep the rars to seed and also extract the movies, games etc... so I can actually watch them or play them etc..

2. My ISP would cancel my account for non stop upload. That's called bandwith abuse since in 10 days you could probably upload 10 times what you downloaded. I'm glad other trackers don't have this rule. Since I already have got an e-mail from my ISP for bandwidth abuse.

While is nice to seed some stuff for a long time. Especially for hard to find stuff that others need seeds for. It's not really something that should be applied to all torrents. That's why people don't download much from trackers with small communities.

On many trackers you can get what you can get at FSC and seed back in much less time and you can probably download a lot faster too. I do agree that the seeding bonus system is nice but seeding for 10 days each torrent sounds a little crazy. That means keeping every torrent you download for at least 10 days in it's original form.

Skiz
07-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people don't seed for 10days, like everysingle torrent I've downloaded to date has been seeded till its deleted or dies. Whats the big deal with keeping the torrent alive and helping with the seeding?

Edit: Most of the people complaining have servers with a small harddrive? Why not get the file off of you harddrive and seed it from your home computer? Then you can have the space needed on the server to get new releases and you are still seeding the file for 10days... its a win win situation if you ask me.

Again, no big deal, just personal preference.

I like to keep as few torrents running in uTorrent as possible. Good housekeeping and all. Once I've seeded to a 1:1, I might let the torrent sit for another day or two if I think I can pull something extra out of it. Otherwise, it's gone.

Right now I have 12 torrents open. I'm fixing to delete a couple of those as well as they've reached a 1:1 since I was at the computer last, and I've earned that right - I've given back, MORE than I've taken.

I've also found that keeping a large number of torrents open can spread around my upload speed much more than I want. With a max upload speed of 350kb/s, I need that speed to be dedicated to one or two torrents at a time in order for me to even be able to hit a 1:1 ratio on trackers that require it.

Another reason I don't seed everything for forever is I just don't want uTorrent running all the time. I lags down my games, my internet, etc. I don't even download that much via torrents. Most of my downloading is via Usenet and uTorrent lags the heck out of Grabit.

RainRoofer
07-31-2007, 02:26 AM
That news isn't anything new to old members :D
And someone mentioned 10 days seeding rules, it's for share index, seeding part, you don't have to do it if your file ratio is high.