PDA

View Full Version : New poll: to trade or not to trade

sear
07-29-2007, 08:51 PM
As there has been some discussion about trading bt invites I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

xbawksz
07-29-2007, 08:54 PM
i dont care what you do. I choose not to trade because I'm part of 2 great torrent communities and I'm not looking to getting involved in anymore.

mievmo
07-29-2007, 08:56 PM
not trade... why ?
cuz invites meant to gaved free..

Cmon
07-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Kinda confused between No traders lick balls & Couldn't give a sh%$, but I pick no traders since I'm not stupid enough to do that :P

sear
07-29-2007, 09:03 PM
@ cmon:

sorry No traders lick balls is for people against trading.

While don't give a shit is kind of self expalnitory...as In you don't care either way

dafra
07-29-2007, 09:04 PM
I voted "Traders lick balls"

barral01
07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes trading rocks

Patriot foreve
07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
well,if my friends could help me to get into acertain tracker that may interest me then it would be good and if they need assistance that i can afford i will be very happy to do so

while if neither me or my friends can't get into this or that tracker and i see someone whose interested in something i have while he has something that i need then we would be benefiting eachother and everybody satisfied so why not to trade then

Cmon
07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
@ cmon:

sorry No traders lick balls is for people against trading.

While don't give a shit is kind of self expalnitory...as In you don't care either way

Well, I don't like traders as well, is that enough?

sear
07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
@Cmon:

not sure where you're going with this but if ya don't like traders that's cool I was just hoping to see what people thought on the subject :)

fstrulz
07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
I make deals with my trusted friends who trade and I also give away invites to my trusted friends who don't trade at all.

SAM
07-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I voted "Traders lick balls"
:yup:

Cmon
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, one of the things that I hate about traders is they don't care at all about the rules, some even just like to brag that the owner of the site can't catch trader, something like that

sear
07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
well,if my friends could help me to get into acertain tracker that may interest me then it would be good and if they need assistance that i can afford i will be very happy to do so

while if neither me or my friends can't get into this or that tracker and i see someone whose interested in something i have while he has something that i need then we would be benefiting eachother and everybody satisfied so why not to trade then

You make a good point and that's prety much how I feel to be honest. I don't have a problem with trading as a way to get somthing your going to use (though I've never done it) but I do have some concerns about people who trade just for the sake of it. making it into a game/addiction. I don't think it's healthy for the people involved, the trackers or the wider BitTorrent community.

Fibo
07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I make deals with my trusted friends who trade and I also give away invites to my trusted friends who don't trade at all.

Well said.

Anyways...

I think it sucks that trackers are traded like Pokemon cards, and that Top Ranked Trackers are... Top Ranked.

We should be trying to make places like Deamonid and TL better. Shit those are the places that save me when I'm in tight spot. They're like the Oink of Everything.

saulin
07-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Patriot it is different when you help someone out and then he says. Do you need anything? And you say. Yes I'm looking for such tracker. Then he helps you out.

However when people say. Have the Rabit send offers. Or have tracker x. Only need level 7+. That's pretty lame. That's pure convenience trading.

sear
07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Patriot it is different when you help someone out and then he says. Do you need anything? And you say. Yes I'm looking for such tracker. Then he helps you out.

However when people say. Have the Rabit send offers. Or have tracker x. Only need level 7+. That's pretty lame. That's pure convenience trading.

well said that's my point exactly :) though I'd like to ad it's not just conveience trading the thrill of the deal also seems to be an addiction for many.

znik
07-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Some people are really addicted in trading and do nothing else...

I believe that the feeling of giving away an invite to a person that deserves it is really amazing, as well as the feeling when you get a free invite by someone who really believed in you and trusted you.

Compare these feelings with the feeling you might get after a successful trade or even after been scammed.

sear
07-29-2007, 11:31 PM
@znik:

Thought you'd drop by...:) as I know you have stong feelings about this issue.

ps. luv the anti-traders giveaway here's hoping that thread stays active.

TheFoX
07-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Invite swapping is OK in my book...

'Hey, I got an xxx invite. I'll swap it with your yyy invite.'

Invite trading is NOT OK in my book...

'Hey, I got an xxx invite. I'll trade it for your yyy + 50TB buffer + zzz + aaa + bbb, because my xxx is rare.'

Heroo
07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Inbetween, It's ok to trade sometimes

import_fighter
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Some people are really addicted in trading and do nothing else...

I believe that the feeling of giving away an invite to a person that deserves it is really amazing, as well as the feeling when you get a free invite by someone who really believed in you and trusted you.

Compare these feelings with the feeling you might get after a successful trade or even after been scammed.

You speak the truth brotha!

top25
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I think you would have gotten more votes if the poll was anonymous.

Cmon
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't even know if you can see who vote what :lol:
Now I know though :whistling :P

sear
07-30-2007, 05:07 PM

could be true but I wanted everything to be on the table :shifty: