PDA

View Full Version : FTN staff sucks!

GlennGlenn
07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi All,

Prolly alot will disagree with me, but FTN staff sucks. They disable your account for using utorrent. They were saying i was using a cheating client. Yeah sure dream on!

Besides that i really don't get all the hype around FTN, only thing that it distinguish from other trackers are the packs, with pre times other trackers are better, and some of them even have more content. I can't understand why its rated as level 9, but that's prolly me.

P.S. I don't want my account back at all, but i just wanted to say the way you disable accounts is not very nice, no warning at all! And they pretend they have the best staff in the world. I prolly missed something then :blink:

Pzzz,

GlennGlenn

SpiderPig
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I beg to differ.. The staff is pretty cool actually, in my opinion.

As for disabling for using utorrent.... I've been using uTorrent 1.6.1 for months now, and I havn't been banned =\
Maybe you didn't read the announcements and updated to uTorrent 1.7 instead?

As for the rarity crap.. uhh you choose to follow it, it's you own fault.. I, for one, thinks that the rarity thread is just a bunch of bullshit... but that's just me.
If you don't like FTN, you can always go to TL, SCT, and SCC - they are GREAT trackers with VERY similar content.

punki_rach
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
well i presume they did mention somewhere that utorrent was banned...

but still, it does sucks to get banned, my sympathies

GlennGlenn
07-29-2007, 09:47 PM
No i was using utorrent 1.6.1. Hehehe :D

This is no bash at all to FTN, but the fact they don't even warn you is kinda pathetic and childish to me.

nbo
07-29-2007, 09:50 PM
1- youre right i personally disagree, ftn has gr8 staff
2- wrong section
3- wrong section
4- level 9 is a rarity level, has nothing to do with content which in this case happens to be rated 10 but that is besides the point, and the tracker is rated 10, besides the reasons you stated (which is almost all of what differs it from other private trakcers) is that you download torrents with 3 seeders (!) at top speed.
5- wrong section

SpiderPig
07-29-2007, 09:50 PM
^That's weird, man..
If you didn't use a cheating thingy, then it must've been a mistake..

superguy
07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
no, I think half of the memebers there are using utorrent 1720

limpingjaret
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
lvl 9 is based on its rarity...not quality

Dead Ghost
07-29-2007, 09:53 PM
No i was using utorrent 1.6.1. Hehehe :D

This is no bash at all to FTN, but the fact they don't even warn you is kinda pathetic and childish to me.
no they warn a lot of members and they wont ban u for no reason :dry: and if they said u have cheated so u must be really have cheated :yup:

Elit3_T3AM
^That's weird, man..
If you didn't use a cheating thingy, then it must've been a mistake..

FTN Staff Never Makes Mistakes :cool:

GlennGlenn
Well im not gone miss it, but i just wanted to know if other were disabled for the same reason.

SpiderPig
07-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Give me your FTN account username and I'll tell you how and why you got banned

GlennGlenn
07-29-2007, 09:56 PM
No i didn't cheat, why should i? Won't get me anywhere ... Was using someone's seedbox on other trackers like scc, sct, rsr, iplay. All fine no acc disabling :)

Ok SpiderPig i only want the reason not that account back. Can i pm you? That will give me satisfaction :)

fatma
07-29-2007, 09:58 PM
you'd better go to their irc support channel

InTooDeep
07-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Is this a dutchie in the hizzaaa?!?! :P

jeter
07-29-2007, 10:02 PM
ive always dreamt of having ftn and probably will never get it but anyway lets get to the point....
FTN is the tracker put the bullshit rarity away and get down to the point the staff i hear is great the packs the torrents the times the releases etc. What it comes down to is the community? The willingness of the site to help you even if you do not donate or even if your ratio is dont doing well or even if you ask little noob questions like can i use RM...The requests are done better then any site i hear, the speeds are great, the willingness to leave THEIR COMPUTERS ON AT NIGHT PAY UP ON ELECTRICITY so you can enjoy a movie or two....the staff works hard to keep their members happy and everyone is statisfied, if ftn was a girl i would do her and i hope anyone who has this tracker enjoys it, as much as you love it the staff love their members as well

fatma
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
The requests are done better then any site i hear

No requests there

GlennGlenn
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
you'd better go to their irc support channel
I can't enter the account and i don't no what their irc channel is, besides that i don't know if i can enter their irc, might be invite only and linked to your account so i can't ask there for the reason ...

torrentslave
07-29-2007, 10:14 PM
posting this here will not do anything to help you. you should have gone to there support ch. if it was a mistake staff would have said sorry and enabled your acct or even pm Brandon here. but by you posting this here youve already broken more than 1 rule that would get you banned to begin with. think b4 you post!

fatma
07-29-2007, 10:14 PM
you don't have to be registered on ftn in order to join the support channel . search the bitorrent forum here , that irc address was given numerous times .

edit : anyway , i think you have no chances to get a good answer, after posting a thread with such a name

ChelseaManiac
07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I really like the FTN staff and the community its a great part of the tracker. At first I was told that they were pushy and strict but now I have been there for a while I really like everyone there

fatma
07-29-2007, 10:17 PM
At first I was told that they were pushy and strict but now I have been there for a while I really like everyone there

kimii gone

nbo
07-29-2007, 10:18 PM
gone where???

Dr_Green_Thumb
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Sct

signalearth
07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
posting this here will not do anything to help you. you should have gone to there support ch. if it was a mistake staff would have said sorry and enabled your acct or even pm Brandon here. but by you posting this here youve already broken more than 1 rule that would get you banned to begin with. think b4 you post!
:yup: :frusty:

kapowcowpwned
07-30-2007, 01:37 AM

How is this not a thread to bash FTN??? The title is "FTN staff sucks!"

torrentslave
07-30-2007, 01:40 AM
if your @ ftn you dont need to be warned

seppypom
07-30-2007, 02:33 AM
This is no bash at all to FTN.

Apparently it is, and exactly what does this have to do with Invites?

KFlint
07-30-2007, 02:45 AM

you are definitly not doing the right thing to have your account back...!

jam0980tr
07-30-2007, 02:55 AM
:yup: :frusty:

:yup: why didn't you pm Brandon and tell him this kind of stuff will make Brandon :angry: coz you posted this FTN staff sucks
well to me ftn have the best staff on the planet :w00t:

Brandon
07-30-2007, 04:14 AM
:ermm: There seems to be a misunderstanding amongst users on sites with staff where they get the false idea that every single action done on that site is first PM'd to every single staff member, and then verified that they have received that pm. If that were the case, nothing would ever get done b/c we'd be too busy wasting time trying to make sure everyone knew what everyone was doing. In your case, it's up to the staff member to make a judgment call on whether or not you were making a mistake.
I'm sorry you think I suck.. but I honestly have no idea who you are on site, nor did I even know you were disabled in the first place.

I'm not really mad about the thread. Many people such as yourself make the same misunderstanding so it's really not that uncommon.

tony1328
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
ftn sucks overrated staff are pricks and so on

to all the people that disagrees stiff shit

Nestea
07-30-2007, 09:16 AM
ftn sucks overrated staff are pricks and so on

to all the people that disagrees stiff shit

You suck, FTN has great staff. They helped me many times.

f@flot
07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't want to state an opinion about the spefic case,but i don't understand how everyone saying in this forum that FTN's staff are the cool guys,while they are sniffing around here and disabling people's accounts?and they even post here too!.It's a contradiction

RaPPeR
07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't want to state an opinion about the spefic case,but i don't understand how everyone saying in this forum that FTN's staff are the cool guys,while they are sniffing around here and disabling people's accounts?and they even post here too!.It's a contradiction
asskissers
hope that they'll got invite from Brandon for saying that:P

durex
07-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Personally i never had any problem in FTN, more, if i do, i already saw some posts from Brandon, where he always said he's open to 'heard' .
So i belive that's not the kind of action from 'sucks staff' ...... sometimes is difficult to please God and Devil .
Anyway this is an provoking thread .... i'm wondering whats gonna happen if someone opens 'FTN the best staff'

itS0v3r
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
not all of them disabled u :D
the one that disabled u maybe sucks
not all of them

Brandon
07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Can't please everyone. Always going to be those of you who will hate me and the site b/c we don't allow you to break rules. That's life :) I could really care less if you hate me, or if you make a web site dedicated to hating ftn or me.

Truth is, at the end of the day I can always browse over to my creation, look at it and feel a sense of pride knowing that I was involved in creating such an amazing piece of code (which is really my passion, not torrents). Love it, hate it.. I dont care. There will always be someone out there who appreciates the hard work that was put into it regardless of all the other factors out there that might sway some of you to dislike it.

I get about 5 PM's a day from users on site telling me how good of a job we're doing and to keep it up. That's plenty of appreciation for me.

ChelseaManiac
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I love you Brandon you are so fucking amazing. Even if the rest of staff team were shit (which they are not, I love them all) just having you makes it a pretty insane place to be. The coding on FTN is magnificent and it is something I really appreciate, and im sure many other people do, though some do it subconciously. Its hard work keeping the site as he has to keep working and looking so good and also there are so many people trying to get in and trading for it that he must take care of them too for the safety of the community

ttetile
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
i donno why people complain a lot about the staff .. they work /do the coding etc for free and they provide you great content for free ...

show some appreciation people ... i love staff at every site .. even oink !

SgtMajor
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
FTN Staff Rocks

Yay, Brandon and co are heroes, nothing is too much trouble, great coding makes the site easy on the eyes and torrenting is an irrelevant issue on such a superb piece of work.

Just ignore all the detractors, they are just jealous of your achievements.

(ps - Invite payment via pm please :D )

GlennGlenn
07-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok let's end this thread here! But jeez there are too much anal riders getting up Brandon's ass :sick: saying staff is great and blablabla. Well my experience was really not that great. What's wrong with having an different opinion.

Still haven't received the reason for my account disabling. But its ok. I will move on and focus on the other great trackers out there :D

End of story!

Brandon
07-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok let's end this thread here! But jeez there are too much anal riders getting up Brandon's ass :sick: saying staff is great and blablabla. Well my experience was really not that great. What's wrong with having an different opinion.

Still haven't received the reason for my account disabling. But its ok. I will move on and focus on the other great trackers out there :D

End of story!

Well, there will also always be those who love me contrary to those who hate me :P

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's what makes us all different. I don't however see a point to having a thread here where we all express our opinions on a site. This is the Invite area after all.

I'm sorry your experiance wasn't all that great. I do try to make everyone happy, but unfortunately as already stated, that's not possible. PM me your username on site (if you haven't already) and i'll take a look and make sure you were in fact disabled for legit reasons.

PS: love you too ChelseaManiac <3

f@flot
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Well,one thing i gotta say to brondon is good work on the site overral, and the increasing in speed overral when browsing.
Maintaining a site is NOT easy(I know,yes) and for that I gotta show my appreciation. :)

Artemis
08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
omg brandon e-penis is sooooo big :O :wub: FTN 4EVAAAA LIKE PATRIOTFOREVAAAA

nikmash232
08-01-2007, 06:50 PM
wow thats fucking nasty

...anywayz...brandon is kool but kimmi was a bitch...she banned my ip..muthafucka

Brandon
08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
wow thats fucking nasty

...anywayz...brandon is kool but kimmi was a bitch...she banned my ip..muthafucka

:ermm: That comment wasn't needed. kimii really is a sweet girl, but as like any staff member (including myself) if you make a mistake you have to be punished. I'm sure a lot of people I disable think I'm an asshole, but we all do what we feel is right. :mellow: If you want me to take a look at why you were banned and verify it was legit pm me your username. Although I can already pretty much guarantee her actions were justified.

ThaSh00t3R
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
ftn Is Da Best.

I Respect Their Staff & Policy.

It May Be The Only Greatest Tracker There Ever Was And Ever Will Be.

Long Live Ftn.

I Only Wish I Was Part Of It Someday.

kemodolcy
08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
i think quallity befor rariaty

ChelseaManiac
08-01-2007, 07:58 PM
FTN Staff Rocks

Yay, Brandon and co are heroes, nothing is too much trouble, great coding makes the site easy on the eyes and torrenting is an irrelevant issue on such a superb piece of work.

Just ignore all the detractors, they are just jealous of your achievements.

(ps - Invite payment via pm please :D )

FTN staff do rock but how can you really know that if you're not actually on the site. Thats too much sucking up for my own liking soz

ttetile
08-01-2007, 08:06 PM
ftn Is Da Best.

Long Live Ftn.

:D..

tintin123
08-01-2007, 09:00 PM
im using 161 due to bmtv and i havent been banned, nor a warning

u must have cheated. i received warnings for hit n running but NONE other than that.

also they were right when i did hnr.

other than that staff are fine!

p.s why cant u just keep ur comment to urself and why post here?

criticising staff aint gna get u NOWHERE

seppypom
08-01-2007, 10:26 PM
ftn Is Da Best.

Long Live Ftn.

Look at me, look at me, i said nice things and kissed your ass, now you have make me a member!

Mister Moo
08-02-2007, 02:35 AM
well, brandon seems like a funny guy

KevinGarnet
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
FTN staff is really good for my opinion.. and i think that they don't make mistakes in banning users..

tony1328
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
who gives a shit anyway

sert
08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
FTN Staff Never Makes Mistakes :cool:

http://images.pugster.com/images/items/large/L_P1018.jpg

Melvinmeow
08-02-2007, 01:41 PM

Just because staff from various sites post here... doesnt mean we are here sniffing you out. If you feel were sniffing maybe you should think about it... SHOULD we be "sniffing" for you? If you feel were sniffing you... Maybe your doing something and feeling guitly about it. You can come out of the closet... we wont mind lmao

Disabling accounts happens on the torrent sites themselves and not here. And 95% of the staff I know from other sites dont even use this site to catch users.

We post here because we are users here just as you. Its called freedom of speech. Also.... quite a few of us were invited here by at least 1 of the admins on this site a while back. Also youll notice we post comments in general. We dont advertise or not-advertise our sites.

Also I doubt the original topic creator was banned for the mere reason he was using Utorrent. I use utorrent on their site as well. Never had any issues.

_coder_
08-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi All,

Prolly alot will disagree with me, but FTN staff sucks. They disable your account for using utorrent. They were saying i was using a cheating client. Yeah sure dream on!

Besides that i really don't get all the hype around FTN, only thing that it distinguish from other trackers are the packs, with pre times other trackers are better, and some of them even have more content. I can't understand why its rated as level 9, but that's prolly me.

P.S. I don't want my account back at all, but i just wanted to say the way you disable accounts is not very nice, no warning at all! And they pretend they have the best staff in the world. I prolly missed something then :blink:

Pzzz,

GlennGlenn

By making this thread does it make you feel happier, does it put a smile on your face? If they disabled your account and as far as you no it was a mistake so go to their IRC channel or maybe pm Bradon but making this thread is just going to create a bunch collisions between users of have different opinions and its not going to get you anywhere

0Ri0N
08-02-2007, 02:00 PM
If you are a good user, you will see that all trackers staff are pretty nice.
Paranoia and miss information could lead staff to be unpleasant and make mistakes tho (i already experienced that, is not staff fault, the guiltys are the ones that give fake reports.... so sad)

RainRoofer
08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Look at me, look at me, i said nice things and kissed your ass, now you have make me a member!
RO FL :lol:

bunny67
08-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Not sure on other staff but brandon is fantastic at cyber

Artemis
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM

hi bunny, your sooo sexy :) ps. FTN ROCKS!

RainRoofer
08-02-2007, 04:19 PM
bunny67 + brandon <3 :p

0Ri0N
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM

I would rather couple Bradon + kimii :hug::console: :argue::cheers::doctor:

fstrulz
08-02-2007, 04:48 PM

I would rather couple Bradon + kimii :hug::console: :argue::cheers::doctor:

Yeah, I wanna see a sexvid...

Artemis
08-02-2007, 04:52 PM
only if Brandons in it :D, i just wanna show my sex move called &quot;The Spiderman&quot; i j*zz in my hand then throw it at him, thus creating what i like to call the web effect :) , JOKE!! ^^

Fibo
08-02-2007, 05:11 PM
i j*zz in my hand then throw it at him, thus creating what i like to call the web effect

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats the funniest shit Ive heard all day.

Artemis
08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
hehe :)

bunny67
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
lol jokes aside brandon is cool explain yourself and he will listen

Artemis
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah, Brandon is up there with Zeus, really, not be sarcastic, hes one of the nicest siteops ive ever met. Im proud to be apart of his site. PS. Bunny67 u are sooo sexy :)

bunny67
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
thank you madazu

Melvinmeow
08-02-2007, 11:20 PM

Hes mine I saw him first!!!

T3RR0R
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM

Hes mine I saw him first!!!

melvinmeow, i saw your picture in IRC today... you are hawt, i would do you in a second :w00t:

Brandon
08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
I feel obligated to make a post regarding the FTN Staff Sucks #2 where that dude is bitching b/c he didnt get an invite..

First off, this might come as a shock... But FTN staff aren't robots. I know I know.. I get that response from everyone. But it's true! We ARE in fact human and we have lives and family and friends and all those wonderful things that make life worth living.

Now, let me explain how staff at ftn works. We have certain people who tend to be good at doing certain things, and our lower staff are a bit shy (dont deny it lower staffies) probably b/c they dont wanna make a mistake which is understandable.. So that specific thread is mostly handled by my good buddy n1c0s (our admin) who I won't spread personal info about.. but lets just say he's not able to use a computer right now b/c of unfortunate reasons. B/C of that, his job was passed onto me, and well.. aside from the insane amount of pm's I have to deal with b/c people ignore our FLS, I have code i've been trying to find time to finish for months, staff topics that are still under discussion, i'm in the process of making new stylesheets, friends and family I've been spending as much time as I can with b/c it's summer and I don't have school.. Let's just say, invites (which you were probably planning on trading anyways) are very low on my priorities right now.

I won't punish you for being a jerk, but I think you should really think about things b4 you act.

PS: bunny :wub:

Fibo
08-03-2007, 07:38 AM
@Brandon

Really, I just thought you were lazy!

Skiz
08-03-2007, 07:43 AM
It wasn't his account. this is the second time he has scammed someones details and intentionally attempted to get them banned.

He won't be trying it any more.

Melvinmeow
08-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I feel obligated to make a post regarding the FTN Staff Sucks #2 where that dude is bitching b/c he didnt get an invite..

First off, this might come as a shock... But FTN staff aren't robots. I know I know.. I get that response from everyone. But it's true! We ARE in fact human and we have lives and family and friends and all those wonderful things that make life worth living.

Now, let me explain how staff at ftn works. We have certain people who tend to be good at doing certain things, and our lower staff are a bit shy (dont deny it lower staffies) probably b/c they dont wanna make a mistake which is understandable.. So that specific thread is mostly handled by my good buddy n1c0s (our admin) who I won't spread personal info about.. but lets just say he's not able to use a computer right now b/c of unfortunate reasons. B/C of that, his job was passed onto me, and well.. aside from the insane amount of pm's I have to deal with b/c people ignore our FLS, I have code i've been trying to find time to finish for months, staff topics that are still under discussion, i'm in the process of making new stylesheets, friends and family I've been spending as much time as I can with b/c it's summer and I don't have school.. Let's just say, invites (which you were probably planning on trading anyways) are very low on my priorities right now.

I won't punish you for being a jerk, but I think you should really think about things b4 you act.

PS: bunny :wub:

I think you should tell them the truth...

Weve been partying at your house every night.
+ your a slacker as someone else said.

:yahoo::drunk::lips:

travis
08-04-2007, 12:59 PM

End of story!

The fact that you went to the trouble of creating this thread shows all of us here who read that you indeed loved ftn and enjoyed being a member there..just admit it that you went about this the wrong way...you probably have already contacted staff and know the reason why you got disabled by now ..shame people feel the need to put a site down because they were caught doing something wrong etc..if you dont like a site dont stay active and you will get disabled..simple as that,theres no need to put ANY site down seeing as though what they do is all out of there time and i should imagine a lot of effort.

chosen1
08-04-2007, 01:27 PM

hi bunny, your sooo sexy :) ps. FTN ROCKS!i agree with you id tap her and make her scream with my massive epenise