PDA

View Full Version : SYGATE,how to configure it for utorrent?

ashwa
07-30-2007, 08:20 AM
hi,

i have lately switched to sygate firewall....seems quite good so far.

just wanna know how can i configure it for utorrent.

i tried it by myself by going to application section in sygate, n then entering the port 45682 in the udp,tcp tab which my utorrent uses, but after applying the settings my utorrent just stops downloading.

whn i remove the entered port it starts downloading but the problem of not getting max peers remains as the yellow light just wont turn green.

can anyone who uses sygate as firewall suggest how to configure it?

regards.

JA
07-30-2007, 08:37 AM
The first step (after installing the Sygate Personal Firewall Pro) is to bring up the main console window. This can be accomplished by:
Left-click on the Start button
Left-click on Programs
Left-click on Sygate Personal Firewall
Left-click on Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 2. Advanced rules At the top of the console
Left-click on Tools
Left-click on Advanced Rules
Put a checkmark in the Remember my answer, and do not show this message again
Left-click on the OK button 3. Advanced Rules Second Part The Advanced Rules window should now be visible.
Left-click on the Add button 4. Allow Traffic Under Description, enter Utorrent #1.
Left-click on the Allow this traffic button
Left-click on the Ports and Protocols buttom at the top of the window 5. Protocols Now in the protocols menu:
Under Protocol, select TCP
In the remote and local fields, type (Your port)
For Traffic Direction, select Both
Left-click on the OK button

JA
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
The first step (after installing the Sygate Personal Firewall Pro) is to bring up the main console window. This can be accomplished by:
Left-click on the Start button
Left-click on Programs
Left-click on Sygate Personal Firewall
Left-click on Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 2. Advanced rules At the top of the console
Left-click on Tools
Left-click on Advanced Rules
Put a checkmark in the Remember my answer, and do not show this message again
Left-click on the OK button 3. Advanced Rules Second Part The Advanced Rules window should now be visible.
Left-click on the Add button 4. Allow Traffic Under Description, enter Utorrent #1.
Left-click on the Allow this traffic button
Left-click on the Ports and Protocols buttom at the top of the window 5. Protocols Now in the protocols menu:
Under Protocol, select TCP
In the remote and local fields, type (Your port)
For Traffic Direction, select Both
Left-click on the OK button

JA
07-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Wow. At.Spamage. Sorry Skizo =].

ashwa
07-31-2007, 02:14 AM
thanks, will try it out n let u know. regards.

problem solved. man! after such a long wait someone has provided a working solution. love u man!!

JA
07-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Cool. Nice to know i was a help to you =]

Melvinmeow
07-31-2007, 03:19 PM
www.portforward.com generally has some visual tutorials as well.

JA
07-31-2007, 10:01 PM
www.portforward.com (http://www.portforward.com) generally has some visual tutorials as well.
You always have to take my glory! :P.

I checked quickly for Sygate their but i couldn't find it, post a direct link!

Melvinmeow
08-01-2007, 12:27 AM
www.portforward.com (http://www.portforward.com) generally has some visual tutorials as well.
You always have to take my glory! :P.

I checked quickly for Sygate their but i couldn't find it, post a direct link!

Check under norton section in the firewalls. Seems Norton ::cough cough:: bought em out. So might be listed under there.