PDA

View Full Version : TL Seeds

Wilton331
07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm a N00b on TL and I am having extreme difficulty seeding. I read all the noob threads on how to do it when you are starting out and all of that but it just hasn't been working for me :frusty:

I haven't downloaded one thing that I actually want, I just look through files hoping to find one with a decent seeder to leecher ratio so I can pump my ratio up but it never works. It seems like there is nothing left to seed!

Does anyone have any advice? I really like TL and I dont want to get kicked off for a bad ratio considering I havent even really downloaded anything yet.

dafra
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM
get a seedbox

Wilton331
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
...Totally not the advice I'm looking for. Thanks though. ;)

vytexx
07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
you must find a new and popular torrent and download it . you will see that seeding in TL isnt so hard

Daniel
07-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Seeding in TL is so easy, you can go to any public tracker, download a popular scene release in rar-form and then go seed it at TL. Depending on your upload capabilities, this will support your usual download activity in order to keep a reasonable ratio. If worst comes to worst, there's always the idea of jumping early on a torrent and downloading/seeding single files - that amounts to almost no download but can quickly get you a few GB's buffer.

Tokeman
07-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I jumped on the StarTrek TNG seasons, usually had like 2-6 seeders and just as many, or more, leechers. Even after weeks, people were still starting it, and seeders were dropping off. Nice big torrents, and great for the ratio.

Partial seeding would work well there too.

Wilton331
07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
ok I am currently trying to download off public trackers then seed it there. I currently have a cam of a movie downloading from a private tracker that is also on TL, after I finish it how do I seed it on TL?

dafra
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
just right click the torrent on uTorrent and Click "Properties" and change the passkey to your passkey on TL. Stop the torrent and then start it again.

seanbee
07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
just right click the torrent on uTorrent and Click "Properties" and change the passkey to your passkey on TL. Stop the torrent and then start it again.

Does this actually work? wouldn't u also need to update the tracker url?

The safest mention is to download the torrent file from the sever you want to seed to, then open the torrent in your bittorrent client and choose the destination folder as the folder containing the downloaded files; once done correctly the client will check to ensure that all the requires files are present and begin seeding to the tracker.

dafra
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
its worked for me, yes.

seanbee
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok I will try this next time

EDIT: it is actually not the pass key alone that is updated, you basically need to enter your announce url (which contains your password)

dafra
07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Its worked for me on oink a number of times.. i've not tryed it on any other site though.

seanbee
07-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I tried this just now and didn't work for me.

Grabbed a file from FTN; using azureus i went to advanced ----> tracker ----> edit tracker url ----> replaced FTN url with TL url then i stopped and restarted, my upload speed maxed out but the tracker section had an error message (unregistered torrent) and my stats were not being updated on TL.

What did I do wrong?

sear
07-30-2007, 09:57 PM
@seanbee I tried to do it a while ago on oink and had the same problem the torrent wouldn't connect with the tracker and it had the unregistered torrent message. I'd be interested to know how this can be overcome.

seanbee
07-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks sear, hopefully someone can assist cause this mention would be easily then the mention I am accustomed to

sear
07-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Can someone who uses this method give us a step by step please. I have a feeling this is only going to work on trackers were you have upload rights??

amirji
07-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Download new movie's, tv episodes, music from TL, and seed. That's how I did it, and became power user in about a month. :-)

Wilton331
07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Ok. So I read a little thread that had some information on it, and I guess that once you have whatever you want to seed on TL all downloaded from the public tracker;

1. Just make sure that every file is the same
2. Download the .torrent file from TL
3. ...This is where I get confused. lol. I think that you open the TL torrent and it will tell you that all these files already exist (I'm using Azureus), check them, and then seed the torrent.

Does that sound right?

sear
07-30-2007, 11:32 PM
@ Wilton331:

That's how I would do it :)

Anyone know if it's possible to just change the original torrent?

te00
07-31-2007, 01:21 AM
:/ strange...Just changing the passkey and u can seed??So in this case u can do everything like this.But the torrent must have something specific.Im sure i ll get ''torrent not registered within the tracker....''Ill check it thoug.
It has to do with the tracker.Uploading on oink and tl are 2 diff things.So its on tracker if it lets u only with passkey change,or only with announce url.^^

peat moss
07-31-2007, 03:04 AM
Its funny reading this post as I gave 3 invites to TL last week with warnings about the trouble in seeding . I have a few PM's from friends feeling sick about the warnings they have received from the tracker .

Oh well at lest they care and feel responsible and would gladly give them an invite to a easier tracker like IPT . My roomie had d/l gb's of things "she" wanted but did n't grasp the idea of seeding till it was too late . Oh well live and learn .

tester3000
07-31-2007, 05:14 AM
I always just delete the public tracker torrent file then download the torrent file from TL and select the same destination, it will check alll the files then start seeding.

KevinGarnet
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
you maybe is new on trackers.. but on TL seed is really easy.. only find popular torrents which you can download and seed it.. you will see that seeding on TL isn't so hard..

JA
07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Download Prison Break, Heroes, Entourage, and generally anything with 1000+ peers and your fine =].

thegoan
07-31-2007, 10:28 AM
dudes.. the best way is partial downloading.... on a torrent just select some files (the rars) and seed till kingdom come... btw... right now get on fracture dvdr replica... and set it to seeding till 99999% and you will have a decent ratio...

this is one of the advantages of havin rared torrents... so get goin... it jus got in... only 3 seeds.and 150+ leechers

oh and anything that has 100+ seeds... no use.. jus wait for another torrent...

Wilton331
08-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks, I've pretty much got everything down now. People are right, it really isn't that hard to seed on TL. Just a little n00b anxiousness.