PDA

View Full Version : Brown and Bush...

j2k4
07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
...are reported to have gotten on rather well while eating burgers and kicking back at Camp David.

No reports of poodle-clips or lap-sitting, though.

Ominous development, that; I am filled with foreboding.

Busyman™
07-30-2007, 11:20 PM
:sleep1:

bigboab
07-31-2007, 07:34 AM
You forgot to mention that the Dollar is not doing well against the Pound. About $2.05 at the moment.
Take a wee drink, go back to bed and have a rest Kev. You will get over it.:)

j2k4
07-31-2007, 09:59 AM
You forgot to mention that the Dollar is not doing well against the Pound. About $2.05 at the moment.
Take a wee drink, go back to bed and have a rest Kev. You will get over it.:)

Oh, I'm fine, Bob.

Just feeling a bit sarcastic.

Hey, Busyman-

I'm writing two screenplays, a book, making music, sharpening my knives, reloading some ammo, shopping for deals, and contemplating a nice relaxing trip to a yuppie destination (I must point out that I am not considering the "12-to-a-room-and-save-$" strategy you seem to favor), while ruminating about the immense size of my johnson, yet I still manage to post with style and elan you cannot match on your best day - all before I go to work.

Amazing, huh?

Busyman™
07-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey, Busyman-

I'm writing two screenplays, a book, making music, sharpening my knives, reloading some ammo, shopping for deals, and contemplating a nice relaxing trip to a yuppie destination (I must point out that I am not considering the "12-to-a-room-and-save-$" strategy you seem to favor), while ruminating about the immense size of my johnson, yet I still manage to post with style and elan you cannot match on your best day - all before I go to work.

Amazing, huh?

Everyone knows that the very few times you venture out of your village compound, with permission of The Prophet, of course, that you go to supervise security guards at the sheep farm when your aren't being herded yourself.

Btw, it's not 12-to-a-room it's 12-to-a-bigmuhfuckin'-house at my yuppie destination (whateverthefuck a yuppie destination is) and when I get home, it's 3-to-a-bigmuhfuckin'-house.

Mmk?

Also, unless you post an interesting C&P (which is very rare), your pawsts are as boring as the life you currently live.

I'm sure you are making music. Are you the harmonica or the fiddle player? Come on. Pawst a link with your best work playing the theme to Deliverance.

j2k4
08-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey, Busyman-

Amazing, huh?

Everyone knows that the very few times you venture out of your village compound, with permission of The Prophet, of course, that you go to supervise security guards at the sheep farm when your aren't being herded yourself.

Btw, it's not 12-to-a-room it's 12-to-a-bigmuhfuckin'-house at my yuppie destination (whateverthefuck a yuppie destination is) and when I get home, it's 3-to-a-bigmuhfuckin'-house.

Mmk?

Also, unless you post an interesting C&P (which is very rare), your pawsts are as boring as the life you currently live.

I'm sure you are making music. Are you the harmonica or the fiddle player? Come on. Pawst a link with your best work playing the theme to Deliverance.

My "pawsts"? :dabs:

What's a "pawst"?

Busyman™
08-01-2007, 09:34 AM

Mmk?

My "pawsts"? :dabs:

What's a "pawst"?

Sound it out.

What's a "yuppie destination"? How does that apply to me?

lynx
08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I wonder if Bush will notice the difference between this Brown tongue and the previous one.

bigboab
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I wonder if Bush will notice the difference between this Brown tongue and the previous one.

I don't think he will. This Brown rolls his R's too.:)

MaxOverlord
08-08-2007, 07:11 AM
My perverted mind cant get past the Brown and Bush title...:yup:

j2k4
08-08-2007, 09:48 AM
My perverted mind cant get past the Brown and Bush title...:yup:

Congratulations for being the first to catch that.

Everyone else's views are so purely political, you see...:whistling

bigboab
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
:)

Welcome back Kev. Did Clocker feed and water you OK?:whistling

MaxOverlord
08-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure I understand why people are complaining that Blair wanted to stick by Bush. Seems kinda odd. An ally helping us out...hmmmm.

As far as Brown goes, only time will tell if he will bow to the pressure of the "peace" people...the ones that overturn cars and light things on fire and throw Molotov cocktails( the Finnish people excluded). England will probably suffer another attack before we do. The jihadist are very...shall we say, infectious there?

Welcome back MaxOverlord!!!

Busyman™
08-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure I understand why people are complaining that Blair wanted to stick by Bush. Seems kinda odd. An ally helping us out...hmmmm.

We have other allies too. An ally is one thing.

Common sense is another.

There was probably fear that we wouldn't help them in their time of need.

In this case though, brats look at it as Bush starting some shit and then asking for help.

Many Americans feel the same way.

You have to admit that this war is a clusterfuck. I blame Bush mostly.

MaxOverlord
08-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Common sense is another.

In this case though, brats look at it as Bush starting some shit and then asking for help.

I will admit that from what the MSM is reporting it appears to be,yes.

But I'm an "are you there?" kinda guy.

Just for the sake of politeness...have any of your buddies returned safely?

Busyman™
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM

Common sense is another.

A friend of a friend...killed.

Everyone else is fine, to my knowledge.

What is "are you there"?

MaxOverlord
08-08-2007, 07:53 PM

What is "are you there"?

"Are you there?" means are you in Iraq? Are you a soldier? Are you fighting on the front lines? That sort of thing.

What the MSM reports on Iraq doesn't hold too much water with me anymore.

It has become too political. So I would rather hear reports from the soldiers themselves and guage things that'a way.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend of a friend's loss. Glad to hear everyone else is fine.

Busyman™
08-08-2007, 09:58 PM

What is "are you there"?

"Are you there?" means are you in Iraq? Are you a soldier? Are you fighting on the front lines? That sort of thing.

It has become too political. So I would rather hear reports from the soldiers themselves and guage things that'a way.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend of a friend's loss. Glad to hear everyone else is fine.

Ty.

I like hearing from the soldiers behind closed doors. It does me amaze that people think a soldier telling a reporter something that is somewhat pro-Iraq war that it's how that soldiers really feels.

I'm against the Iraq war and I think that's how he should talk.
They should put out the company line.

Get him behind closed doors or around the right people and it's different story. Every single soldier I've talked to besides one I saw from school from hates the reasons they are there and say it's FUBAR.

They don't believe it's a just war.

j2k4
08-08-2007, 11:35 PM
:)

Welcome back Kev. Did Clocker feed and water you OK?:whistling

Thanks, Bob.

A good time was had by all.

Time is still tight, though; hard to shake loose for a spell here. :(

MaxOverlord
08-09-2007, 02:44 AM

Ty.

I like hearing from the soldiers behind closed doors. It does me amaze that people think a soldier telling a reporter something that is somewhat pro-Iraq war that it's how that soldiers really feels.

Get him behind closed doors or around the right people and it's different story. Every single soldier I've talked to besides one I saw from school from hates the reasons they are there and say it's FUBAR.

But as in anything you give me 5 who are againts it and I'll show you 5 who are for it.

Some depends,I suppose, on which side of the aisle their views are.

I'd guess alot of the men and women are from military families.

I've never been completely sure why we are in Iraq to begin with.

Oil? Hussein? Al Qaeda? Imperialism? It's whatever you want to believe.

I try not to argue about it because it's damn near pointless.

Sure Bush made "mistakes" and Rummy made "mistakes". History will judge them.

We are all tired and disgusted with the death toll.

If tomorrow I woke up and heard the news saying we were pulling out I would feel SUCH relief. And then reality would set in and we would have to find the fight somewhere else.

We will all be taking dirt naps before it ends.....maybe.

Busyman™
08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Ty.

But as in anything you give me 5 who are againts it and I'll show you 5 who are for it.

If tomorrow I woke up and heard the news saying we were pulling out I would feel SUCH relief. And then reality would set in and we would have to find the fight somewhere else.

That's my point.

A soldier will spout off the company line because it is his job. If he is from a military family (I know 2) they will spout it off to them too.

Around his friends it will probably be another story. The 2 that I know that are from military families tell their family the same stuff you hear on TV from soldiers "We are there to complete our task" and such and such.

Around me, they tell me that this war is a wasted effort and they shouldn't be there.

Now the guy I saw from school (elementary) told me the "We are there to complete our task" bit. He is also not in infantry and heard that a guy he was in training with way back was killed.

I think the folks that are making the war a political issue are Republicans and Democrats that voted for the war. I actually had no problem with John Kerry back then since he changed his mind.

We are actually getting are asses kicked because we are nation building.

MaxOverlord
08-10-2007, 01:59 AM

That's my point.

A soldier will spout off the company line because it is his job. If he is from a military family (I know 2) they will spout it off to them too.

Around his friends it will probably be another story. The 2 that I know that are from military families tell their family the same stuff you hear on TV from soldiers "We are there to complete our task" and such and such.

Around me, they tell me that this war is a wasted effort and they shouldn't be there.

Now the guy I saw from school (elementary) told me the "We are there to complete our task" bit. He is also not in infantry and heard that a guy he was in training with way back was killed.

I think the folks that are making the war a political issue are Republicans and Democrats that voted for the war. I actually had no problem with John Kerry back then since he changed his mind.

It's a matter of Honor, don't you think? That and a code of military ethics.
I don't know of too many people who say what they really feel about any given situation.
As far as it being political it's un-avoidable. After all politics is largely about compromise.
The last time we were unable to compromise 650,000+ Americans died.
I'd like to see more compromise and less partisan thought.
It's a very dangerous thing to box yourself into only being able to think left or right.
Bush can only act if Congress gives him the dollars. Nobody ever mentions that. They only want to say Bush this,Bush that.
Things would be largely different IMO if we weren't into the Celebrity Ball that the run for the White House has become.
Before long we can probably blame Barry Bonds for some of it...

Busyman™
08-10-2007, 02:47 AM
That's my point.

It's a matter of Honor, don't you think? That and a code of military ethics.
I don't know of too many people who say what they really feel about any given situation.
As far as it being political it's un-avoidable. After all politics is largely about compromise.
The last time we were unable to compromise 650,000+ Americans died.
I'd like to see more compromise and less partisan thought.
It's a very dangerous thing to box yourself into only being able to think left or right.
Bush can only act if Congress gives him the dollars. Nobody ever mentions that. They only want to say Bush this,Bush that.
Things would be largely different IMO if we weren't into the Celebrity Ball that the run for the White House has become.
Before long we can probably blame Barry Bonds for some of it...

I agree about the military which is why I don't believe a soldier should speak out against our military to reporters or on camera.

Ironically this war has made many of them do that.

I say that people are politicking when they were for the war but because the public was showing signs of being against it they act as if they are against it. Now I know a congressman should in many cases sway to their constituency but it's still weird seeing Repub go the other way.

Add to that, we are coming up on having a new POTUS and you'll seeing many Repubs bash Bush when previously sucked his nuts.

Another knock that people put on John Kerry for politicking purposes was that he voted for the war but against funding it.

He obviously changed his mind. People will blame Bush because he is the President and spearheaded selling the war to Congress. The President can't have it both ways. He gets praise for bringing the economy back by cutting taxes (which we know is bullshit).

On a different note, I can't wait 'till we have another POTUS. The G. Bush were a total waste and although I'd rather see a Dem or an Independent in office, a different Repub would be welcome over the inept crap we've had for the past 7 years.

I can complain cuz I voted and it wasn't for him.

I am also glad to see we are finally helping some of the Iraqi soldiers that gave up everything to help us over there. For awhile we turned our backs on them.