PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi oil to Israel

vidcc
08-01-2007, 10:03 PM
From purely a foreign relations (mid east/western) perspective is this a good idea or will it serve to provoke more bad relations?

U.S. checking possibility of pumping oil from northern Iraq to Haifa, via Jordan
By Amiram Cohen

The United States has asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request came in a telegram last week from a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram.

source (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=332835&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y)

bigboab
08-01-2007, 10:44 PM
From purely a foreign relations (mid east/western) perspective is this a good idea or will it serve to provoke more bad relations?

U.S. checking possibility of pumping oil from northern Iraq to Haifa, via Jordan
By Amiram Cohen

The United States has asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request came in a telegram last week from a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram. source (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=332835&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y)

Does not surprise me in the least. We can now forget about weapons of mass destruction, now that the real reason for the 'war' has surfaced.
I wonder where the opium from Afghanistan will end up.:rolleyes:

vidcc
08-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Whether oil supplies were part of the reason to invade or not is debatable, however it has been used by the right as a reason the US can't leave,

But what I am concerned about with this is what possible ramifications this could have in the efforts to find peace.

lynx
08-02-2007, 12:00 AM
But what I am concerned about with this is what possible ramifications this could have in the efforts to find peace.Ermm, what efforts would those be, exactly?

SAM
08-02-2007, 12:30 AM
But what I am concerned about with this is what possible ramifications this could have in the efforts to find peace.Ermm, what efforts would those be, exactly?

yes , i'm really want to know these efforts

if what you saying above is true that will end any try whatsoever
for peace in middle east .
islamic groups in iraq will bomb every pipeline when they know that it carries oil to isreal.
arabian and islamic people will be more than angry that usa gives the arabian oil to fuel the isreali fighters which killed innocent people in Gaza and western bank in daily basis
and let's talk about usa staying in iraq
usa came to iraq to find mass destruction wepeons which they knew it was a big lie and an excuse to invde iraq and took its oil.
now, after 4 years 3000 american soldiers killed more than 20000 wounded
american administration still insists on staying in iraq
i guess if this means anything it will mean that this administration don't care about how many americans got killed they only care how much oil they can have

vidcc
08-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Jabs aside, a political and diplomatic solution is needed.

Judging by your comment may I conclude that you feel this shows that the powers that be have no interest is winning over those in the ME that don't trust the US or have any interest in stability in the region?

From my view I think this would be a terrible move and only serve as a propaganda tool for our enemies to stoke up anti American feelings even more. It certainly wouldn't do anything to dispel the idea that the USA went to war for oil.

SAM
08-02-2007, 01:40 AM
may i ask who are the enemies of usa?

vidcc
08-02-2007, 03:04 AM
may i ask who are the enemies of usa?

From my viewpoint we are not at war with nations but instead ideological groups like AQ and associated spin offs. There are nations who are unfriendly to us and there are nations we are unfriendly to (and the feeling is returned or vice versa).
Depending on what part of the political spectrum one sits on there are people that view countries we are not at war with as enemies and are spoiling for a fight with them (as long as they aren't the ones that actually have to do the fighting)

BawA
08-02-2007, 08:22 AM
i hardly believe the possibility of such a project, 1st of all government wont allow it and if it dose then public wont agree with it.
average Iraqi may not liked Saddam but they backed the action taken by him when he stopped oil production to pressure on west/"Israel", i dont think they changed their opinion so soon.

SAM
08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
i agree the AQ is an enemy for usa but only AQ
but what USA did to stop AQ?!
they didn't catch ben laden ,after 6 years hunting him and his group
AQ still operates everywhere
instead usa creates a wave of hatred against her in all islamic countries for no reason
usa has to change her policy in middle east
not all muslims are terrorists and usa by invading islamic countries and supporting dictatorship regimes in middle east creates terrorists not get rid of them.

torrentt
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Ermm, what efforts would those be, exactly?

islamic groups in iraq will bomb every pipeline when they know that it carries oil to isreal.
arabian and islamic people will be more than angry that usa gives the arabian oil to fuel the isreali fighters which killed innocent people in Gaza and western bank in daily basis
usa came to iraq to find mass destruction wepeons which they knew it was a big lie and an excuse to invde iraq and took its oil.
i guess if this means anything it will mean that this administration don't care about how many americans got killed they only care how much oil they can have

you have no idea what you are talking about
1) islamic groups (mainly shiites) kill and bomb people and things cos they are insane, they kill non shiites on a regular base, even other muslims. so if the oil goes to israel its just an excuse for bombing usa properties
2) idf does not "kill innocent people in Gaza and western bank in daily basis". if u want to argue about this u may do so, but i guess i won't change your mind.
3) you are islamic so all i just said actually have no point

lynx
08-03-2007, 12:12 AM

1) islamic groups (mainly shiites) kill and bomb people and things cos they are insane, they kill non shiites on a regular base, even other muslims. so if the oil goes to israel its just an excuse for bombing usa properties
2) idf does not "kill innocent people in Gaza and western bank in daily basis". if u want to argue about this u may do so, but i guess i won't change your mind.
If your comments are correct, why is it that the ratio of Palestinian deaths to Israeli deaths is about 4 to 1 (7 to 1 in the case of the deaths of children).

How exactly does building this pipeline help the peace process?
Seems to me like it is a perfect example of the argument that the only intention for the Iraq conflict was to secure oil supplies.

Get your head out of the sand and see things as they really are, don't just accept the propaganda your government feeds you.

torrentt
08-03-2007, 12:22 AM
If your comments are correct, why is it that the ratio of Palestinian deaths to Israeli deaths is about 4 to 1 (7 to 1 in the case of the deaths of children).

Seems to me like it is a perfect example of the argument that the only intention for the Iraq conflict was to secure oil supplies.

Get your head out of the sand and see things as they really are, don't just accept the propaganda your government feeds you.

look who is talking, u'r from england, i'm from israel
i guess i have a better point of view of things here
u can keep watching bbc/aljazira

lynx
08-03-2007, 10:59 AM

look who is talking, u'r from england, i'm from israel
i guess i have a better point of view of things here
u can keep watching bbc/aljazira
My information comes from a much more reliable source than any government or news channel. It comes from my uncle, who lived in Jerusalem for some years. Much of his time there was spent attempting to get all sides to recognise that there can be no solution until they stop blaming someone else and recognise that most of their problems are self inflicted.

No doubt you will say that he was biased too, but I can assure you that this was not the case. Had it been so, there is little likelihood that his funeral would have been attended by senior representatives of ALL the worlds major religions.

So when it comes to having a better point of view, I think I may just have a slight edge on you.

torrentt
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
israel call all arabs in all countries for peace, but the last won't recognize in israel's right to be existed. maybe not all the citizens, but their governments, therefor the majority do

lynx
08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
What, you mean like Israel's refusal to acknowledge the democratically elected Hamas-lead Palestinian government? You can't have it both ways, by behaving that way your own government has legitimised the action of those why will not recognise Israel.

In any case, the fact that, in Gaza, Hamas is now able to pay the wages of the civil servants and security forces gives grounds for the claim that Fatah was collaborating with the Israeli government in attempting to overthrow Hamas. That's illegal under Palestinian law and constitution, it's illegal under Israeli law and constitution, and it's illegal under International law.

If your own government can't obey it's own laws, how can it expect help and understanding from others?

torrentt
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
do u know what is hamas?
do u know it commits terror acts killing people from all ages inside israel?
do u know they kidnapped a soldier over a year ago and don't even let a video tape out?
not to say he is in a realy bad condition
do you know hamas doesn't recognize in israel's right to be existed?
do you know hamas kill the opposition the fatah with their family?
did you know that when they think someone help israel they will hang him out in the streets without any trial.
its clear to me you are lack with information so i was not mistaken when i said you don't know what going on here as an outsider
and thats the reason israel wants to help fatah, they are less fanatic and less crazy

lynx
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
See, you just don't get it do you.

You can't go around breaking your own laws, then complain when someone else does the same back at you.

In any case, Fatah has supposedly been in charge for almost 50 years, and your governments attempts at a solution, mainly by suppression of the Palestinians, has got exactly nowhere. This is largely because Arafat mistakenly thought that he could persuade the west to put pressure on the Israeli government. All that was ever going to achieve was more suppression of the Palestinians.

Hamas won't put up with that nonsense, which is why your government and the west tried to overthrow them. If they hold their ground your government is going to have to be more realistic and there may eventually be hope of a solution.

Look again at the actions of your own forces, they've killed 4 Palestinians for every Israeli killed, yet you call that justice. I suggest you look the word up in a dictionary, you might be surprised what it really means.

Clean up your own act and the rest of the world might have a little more sympathy for your cause. Your current path of murder, apartheid and suppression can never work, and as more and more truth emerges it certainly isn't gaining you any friends.

torrentt
08-03-2007, 05:07 PM
read what i said about your idea for a partner - the hamas
also, i wanna see your army fighting against terror guerilla without innocents getting cought in the middle
our army tries to be as humanity as possible, yet a 100% success can never be achieved
i already said what is the solution and its the discussion table, not terror and get it into your mind

vidcc
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
i already said what is the solution and its the discussion table, not terror and get it into your mind
While I agree with that statement may I ask if you think that discussions should have no preconditions?

I think (certainly with this administration) that discussions are being prevented because of preconditions.

Here's an incredibly simplified summary of the problem

One side thinks Israel sits on stolen land (theirs) and they want it back. They will not sit down "at the table" unless the discussion is about how they are going to get their land back.(which is to say the other side has to yield before the discussion about how they should surrender the land they stole).

The other side says Israel has every right to exist and will not talk "at the table" until the other side concedes this (which is to say the other side has to admit Israel has a right to the land before the discussion about how they should not get their land back because it doesn't belong to them any more).

:frusty:

torrentt
08-03-2007, 05:32 PM
yes u'r right, what can we do then? keep protecting ourselfs from these maniacs fanatics
we have 1 country, arabic world has more then 20... so we protect what we have, even that we did returen back most of the land we took in wars

vidcc
08-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Well for a start both sides have to stop the killing (yes I said both sides), then the outside world should take a neutral stance with both sides, not take sides.

Michellin
08-04-2007, 05:54 AM
The usa is pumping arms deals with the KSA to try to "stabilize" the region. Instead of stabilizing the region by starting an arms race the US should try to rethink their policy in the Arab Peninsula or Persian Gulf.

Snee
08-10-2007, 12:33 AM

By Amiram Cohen

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram.

source (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=332835&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y)

Fuck yeah!1!½ This is how you piss people off properly. I almost wonder if whoever dreamt it up was giggling while he did it, like.

I don't get how they can start giving away iraqi oil at all, though :unsure:

Won't they be stealing from the iraqi people if they do this? :blink: I thought they were meant to be liberating Iraq, not what resources Iraq has left.

Sending it off to Israel is a stroke of genious, though. In case anyone still thought their intentions were pure.