PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTV - Nickname Change

_coder_
08-02-2007, 07:23 PM
All you guys that have BitMeTV I need some help..

Basically I wanted to rename my nickname at BitMeTV but seeing as in the FAQ it says "no" i though maybe if I pm one of the staff and ask them polity they might change it for me.

Now firstly I wanted to no who would be the safest and coolest staff member that I should pm since we all no BitMeTV do have a cruel Staff becuase the last thing i want is for them to disable me

Any Ideas Guys..

Artemis
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Ibslice, Vertigo or c4rypt0 They are kind if u talk with respect. Just make sure u have a good reason for changing the nick.

pandapop
08-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Maybe ask if you can do it in exchange for a donation they might let you?

_coder_
08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Ibslice, Vertigo or c4rypt0 They are kind if u talk with respect. Just make sure u have a good reason for changing the nick.

What would be a "Good Reason" to be honest I just want change it becuase I dont like my present username and i have a feeling that dont count as a valid reason haha

ttetile
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
tell them your nick was related to your girl friend and now she is dead .. so you want to change it ...

Artemis
08-02-2007, 08:11 PM
that could work^ or maybe u cant comeinto irc because ur nick is already registered or something

Gish
08-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Good luck but as the Rules state.. you can not change your username
and I have to ask why?

_coder_
08-02-2007, 08:24 PM
tell them your nick was related to your girl friend and now she is dead .. so you want to change it ...

I doubt they would fall for that they proberly might just ban me for taking the piss haha

kapowcowpwned
08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
well they are probably watching these forums so I'm not so sure if these ideas will work now that someone told you to use them lol

KFlint
08-02-2007, 08:50 PM
why do you want to change your nick that bad? is it like iluvmen, suckufor10 or something like that? :P

optimus_prime
08-02-2007, 09:13 PM
don't. you'll get banned for trading.

iNSOMNiA
08-02-2007, 09:17 PM

What would be a "Good Reason" to be honest I just want change it becuase I dont like my present username and i have a feeling that dont count as a valid reason haha

what's your usename ? :P

I doubt they would fall for that they proberly might just ban me for taking the piss haha

Abit extreme but it worth trying :lol:

_coder_
08-02-2007, 09:33 PM
don't. you'll get banned for trading.

But I never traded..?

optimus_prime
08-02-2007, 09:55 PM
yeah :)

well, that was all advice i could give you, hope all turns out for the best :)

T3RR0R
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Ibnuts and Vertigo are pretty friendly to me, if i would want a Nick Change on BitMeTv i would ask them first, if that failed, id probably let it go or ask the SysOps.

ibslice
08-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Just send me a pm but be honest about why you want to change it. Please don't make up stories.
Changing a nick needs a VERY good reason and is very rarely done.

KevinGarnet
08-03-2007, 06:05 AM
i think you shouldn't change your username.. they can disable you for asking this.. However if you have really good reason you can ask staff about it..

beat
08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Ibnuts and Vertigo are pretty friendly to me, if i would want a Nick Change on BitMeTv i would ask them first, if that failed, id probably let it go or ask the SysOps.

I think you're confusing some nicknames :whistling

Zeus
08-03-2007, 08:04 PM
In my experience most sites say they wont change usernames but often if you send a sysop a nice pm then they probably will, it takes barely any time at all for them to do. Theres rarely any point pming a mod as only someone with db access can make the change, so they will just give you the stock "we dont change nicks" answer.

ibslice
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Or as I already said.. talk to ME about it *sigh But as I also said.. you need a very good reason and it is rare.

G-Force
09-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Why was ibslice disabled?

JA
09-14-2007, 06:17 AM
He was naughty...

But i still <3 Him :)

mbucari1
09-14-2007, 06:17 AM
well they are probably watching these forums so I'm not so sure if these ideas will work now that someone told you to use them lol

My thought exactly :)

G-Force
09-14-2007, 06:22 AM
He was naughty...

But i still <3 Him :)

Obviously but what did he do?

kelly338825
09-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Now firstly I wanted to no who would be the safest and coolest staff member that I should pm since we all no BitMeTV do have a cruel Staff becuase the last thing i want is for them to disable me

I would really be carefull on posting that the staff is cruel for starters, Im sure they wouldnt appreciate that to much. And also making up an excuse that someone told you to use in a forum is not a good idea.If I read this, they can read this thread. Good Luck, but think things through.

Defy
09-14-2007, 04:51 PM

I dunno... does it really matter what your username is when you're DL'ing/UP'ing torrents? Unless of course you post frequently in the forums and would be widely known as "suchandsuch" by the community. :)

Personally, I'd be worried that they thought I might have traded the account or something by wanting to change my name. Then again I'm just paranoid about the bittorrent sites I care about. :D

Goodluck though! Maybe they can work something out for you. :yup:

zac
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
no chance but what is the problem with your nickname?

_coder_
09-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Doesnt matter now guys this is such an old thread i cant even close it now. I gave my BitMeTV account away ages ago haha

DTD8
09-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Doesnt matter now guys this is such an old thread i cant even close it now. I gave my BitMeTV account away ages ago haha

thats precisely why theyll ban you just for asking to change your name

chances are you traded for an account and now you want your own screen name instead of the one that was given to you

djkamikaze
09-16-2007, 11:38 PM
seeing as how bitmetv staff read these forums heavily, using a lie like that will likely get you banned. for teh record, I'd wager money that they won't do it. I've been there for a while, and I've never seen it happen. They also say that they don't want people asking for exceptions to the site rules, for ANY reason.

scribble
09-16-2007, 11:52 PM
i didn't know you could change your nickname on trackers... -_-