PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTv account disabled

fibonachi
08-05-2007, 01:07 AM
today bitmetv disabled my account because of many login attempts.I tried like 4 or 5 times and every time entered the wrong image code or wrong pass,unfortunately.Now when I try to recover my pass,it sends me new pass but when I login,it says your account is disabled.My data file still exists in their database.How can I contact them and explain?can I get my account re-enabled?or is it disabled for just few days or hours?
Peace

Skiz
08-05-2007, 01:32 AM
#bitmetv (irc://irc.bitmetv.org/bitmetv)

amirji
08-05-2007, 01:48 PM
U Rock Skizo!

znik
08-05-2007, 04:05 PM
I really doubt it they banned you because of wrong passwds entered...

Was it a traded account?

_coder_
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Not another BitMeTV account disabled, its like their going with the wind. I have a very good feeling that they did NOT disable your account due to numerous falied login attempts.

There good be a few reasons why the account got disabled some of them are

- Use of a proxy
- Trading
- Cheating

Fibo
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
today bitmetv disabled my account because of many login attempts.I tried like 4 or 5 times and every time entered the wrong image code or wrong pass,unfortunately.Now when I try to recover my pass,it sends me new pass but when I login,it says your account is disabled.My data file still exists in their database.How can I contact them and explain?can I get my account re-enabled?or is it disabled for just few days or hours?
Peace

I hope you get that account back, BitmeTV is a good place to be.

PS.
FST ant Big enough for two Fibonachi's

raghuveer
08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
even mine got disabled!!!!!

sear
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I really doubt it they banned you because of wrong passwds entered...

I know there's at least one tracker that bans your IP after four failed log on attempts (i'm assuming to stop hackers and account hijackers) but not sure if it's btv.

@fibonachi I'm sure if that's the REAL reason your account was disabled they will hook you up. just go to the irc and respectfuly tell them what happened.

Nightmeare
08-05-2007, 07:05 PM
we do the same on TheDVDClub, 6 failed password ip ban.

Skiz
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Not another BitMeTV account disabled, its like their going with the wind. I have a very good feeling that they did NOT disable your account due to numerous falied login attempts.

There good be a few reasons why the account got disabled some of them are

- Use of a proxy
- Trading
- Cheating

It's actually quite common. I don't of any trackers that don't disabled accounts for multiple failed login attempts.

Nightmeare
08-05-2007, 11:10 PM
we dont disable only ban ip

Skiz
08-05-2007, 11:20 PM
we dont disable only ban ip

What?

optimus_prime
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah, cookies are used or at extreme case ip's are banned, other way i could disable everybodys account by just failing at login. :)

Nightmeare
08-05-2007, 11:40 PM
im staff on TDC, there we ban ip if more than 6 failed login. then they can come to irc and the ban will be removed

cattani
08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
mine was disable today, very weird because i'm clean guy.
after i join the irc support and talk abot my history they enable to me.
what is that ?