PDA

View Full Version : Worst night out ever

Skweeky
08-05-2007, 08:58 AM
My husband's friend and his wife invited us out for dinner last night. Planned it about a week in advance as they have 3 kids and they had to get a babysitter.
At about 9.30, after we finished the meal, Gem wanted to go to the next town as there was a party going and some other friends would be there. HIs friend's wife threw a wobbly, burst out into tears and ran off to the bathroom because she thought we were going back to their house to share a bottle of wine.
After Gem tried to explain he was really sorry and misunderstood the intention of the evening completely and that if they preferred to go back to theirs, we would, as nothing was set in stone.

We were asked however, to leave :blink:

So we went to the party anyway, which was great for about half an hour until I started being sick all over the pavement after having one poxy glass of wine all evening. Needless to say we headed home and went to bed.

I think I may hide in bed today. Bad things happen in threes :fear:

peat moss
08-05-2007, 01:19 PM
They don't sound like very good friends , the wife anyway . Screw em who needs em . Stay in bed have hubby bring you breakfast and demand a back rub . ;)

Biggles
08-05-2007, 02:44 PM
My husband's friend and his wife invited us out for dinner last night. Planned it about a week in advance as they have 3 kids and they had to get a babysitter.
At about 9.30, after we finished the meal, Gem wanted to go to the next town as there was a party going and some other friends would be there. HIs friend's wife threw a wobbly, burst out into tears and ran off to the bathroom because she thought we were going back to their house to share a bottle of wine.
After Gem tried to explain he was really sorry and misunderstood the intention of the evening completely and that if they preferred to go back to theirs, we would, as nothing was set in stone.

We were asked however, to leave :blink:

So we went to the party anyway, which was great for about half an hour until I started being sick all over the pavement after having one poxy glass of wine all evening. Needless to say we headed home and went to bed.

I think I may hide in bed today. Bad things happen in threes :fear:

:blink: She poisoned you?

Actually sounds like she has couped up in the house/tied down with kids issues and desperately wanted adult company back at her place. Party was probably a no no because they had to be back for the baby-sitter.

Or she is just a mad bint :)

Something Else
08-05-2007, 03:52 PM
yuk, thx for that :D

bunny67
08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
:Omaybe she wanted a bit of wife swapping n stuff

Skweeky
08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Well yes, they had a babysitter but we were only going to be out until 1 AM or something...

I can understand what she wanted, just the reaction to a simple miscommunication was a bit scary :fear:

She kept saying this was their wedding present to us... we got married 8 months ago, we weren't aware it was a wedding present until it was kinda thrown in our faces

Oh well...

people can be funny sometimes

CrabGirl
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I think you should write to her. Once she's had a chance to calm down she may see how much she over-reacted. She's probably built things up in her head and neglected to tell you her expectations. Sounds like she's waaaay hormonal too.

This won't happen at Eurovision.

Skweeky
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I bloody hope not.

I know exactly what's going to happen at Eurovision.

I'm going to get pished as a newt and end up in bed with some Belgradians :D

brotherdoobie
08-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Are you happy, with your marriage?

-bd

Barbarossa
08-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Pfffft, she's only been married a couple of months :pinch:

brotherdoobie
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Pfffft, she's only been married a couple of months :pinch:

Fair enough.