PDA

View Full Version : New WIAW based on content?

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Hey

SInce the existing WIAW is based on rarity, I propose we make a new WIAW based on content, material and speed. That way, people will have a clearer picture of what they are having and new users or people looking for sites will have clearer ideaz.

However this shouldno affect traders anyway because if demonoid closed registrations for a year they ll make it level 10..:frusty:

I am NOT suggesting we change the levels for the current trader thread.. I am suggesting we make a new thread, that could help new people and non traders, if you get my drift

AugustoP
08-06-2007, 02:17 AM
There's content rating in WIAW list already. Hint - look for the number in brackets.

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 02:19 AM
I am well aware of that.. However a new thread can be created for the reasons cited above..

Dead Ghost
08-06-2007, 02:22 AM
u means that we should change the levels from depending on rarity to contents

this will never going to happen because if we did this u will find torrent leech in level 9 and uk-t in level 6 and of course no one will trade uk-t for torrent leech

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 02:23 AM
I am not suggesting we change the levels.... I am suggesting we make a brand new thread which is a guide for new users and non traders.. HOnestly dont you guys read?

Dead Ghost
08-06-2007, 02:26 AM
oh yes i see but i think there is no need for doing thread like this because wiaw thread already have reviews and contents rating

TCD004
08-06-2007, 02:27 AM
u means that we should change the levels from depending on rarity to contents

this will never going to happen because if we did this u will find torrent leech in level 9 and uk-t in level 6 and of course no one will trade uk-t for torrent leech
LOL I don't care about rarity :D Content is important for me, as well comunity, speed... Suck Traders !!! LOL

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 02:27 AM
I think otherwise.... it will help people see the truth and make life easier for you so called leetz because no one will be begging for High level trackers on day one

limpdickkid
08-06-2007, 03:11 AM
I think its a great idea. It'll give new users a better idea of what whch trackers are actually needed instead of which trackers are rare, and high in demand giving people the illusion that they are needed.

amirji
08-06-2007, 03:15 AM
I propose we make a new WIAW based on content, material and speed.

But that's exactly what it is now, is it not? :huh:

But I'd like to add a good luck to this.

SgtMajor
08-06-2007, 03:27 AM
WIAW & WTIB (Which Tracker Is Best)

Then Break them down:

General (Demonoid, Pisexy)
0Day (ScT, FTN, TL)
Commuinity (FSC, FTWR)
Music (Oink, TT, TR)
DVDR (SweDVDR, TDC, KG)
TV (BitMETV)
Learning (Oink, Bitme)

etc, etc.

Then the rating first, with a rarity second, so that the chances of getting such a tracker are easily seen alongside the content rating.

One thing is for sure, it isn't going to be easy to change the established view.

But it will point out a range of trackers for particular groupings easily enough to suggest there is more than one alternative to what you might be looking for?

sear
08-06-2007, 03:40 AM
:thumbsup: @p1r4t3 you win a prize for a fantastic suggestion :clap:

I think a new thread where rarity doesn't come into it is a great idea. It could prove useful for non-traders. And most importantly provide a bit of balance so people get a real idea of what a tracker is worth. in that way maybe we wouldn't see so many noobs having their view distorted by ratings designed for collectors/traders/addicts.

I also think it may help cool the trading down a bit because at least a few folks will realise they can be happy with what they've got thus improving the reputation of FST generally :fst:

And judging from some of the comments already many traders are scoffing at the idea. But what you don't realise is a trackers worth boils down to speed, content, and community. not how rare it is :no:

I would also like to support the suggestion that the thread be broken down into categories as proposed by SgtMajor though I think a separate thread is better than combining it with the current WIAW.

snowprince
08-06-2007, 03:44 AM
I think it's definitely a good idea. This crap trading business has given unnecessary importance to some over hyped trackers. We need to clear it up, and give dues to those who deserve

metal maniac
08-06-2007, 04:04 AM
I agree with this. This new system sounds better to me. Rate trackers on there speed and content not by how hard it is to get invites or just dump the whole WIAW thread completely.

amirji
08-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Tracker levels, or importance, would be changing on a daily basis. A system based on speed and content would require updates everyday/week/even mth. Not to avoid updates and changes, this is where Rarity would come in no?

I see rarity in relation to content access, speed not much of an issue, but what can I get now, or in the next hour, what I request, and who can get it for me.

Comment on starting a new thread just for new users, and to avoid traders-
Traders have been around since the first trade, it's here to stay, not that I support it. As matter of fact, I hate it. I would shoot it. n00bz would have to learn on their own, as I did, pretty positive you did. If it means a ban, then a must, but never forever unless circumstances are more severe.

sear
08-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Comment on starting a new thread just for new users, and to avoid traders-
Traders have been around since the first trade, it's here to stay, not that I support it. As matter of fact, I hate it. I would shoot it. n00bz would have to learn on their own, as I did, pretty positive you did. If it means a ban, then a must, but never forever unless circumstances are more severe.

You make valid points however I'd just like to say that I agree that trading is never going to stop which is why it's allowed on FST but a new ranking system could help make the BT Invites section a little more non trader friendly. And might attract more non traders to the section...which can only be a good thing.

Presto
08-06-2007, 04:54 AM
I agree with you and I've said that before, but I couldn't continue my sacred mission, because of rarity-guys, who violently attacked me.

sear
08-06-2007, 04:56 AM
@Presto, don't worry your not alone...in fact you help make my point that it would be nice for the section to have a better balance of traders/non-traders.

amirji
08-06-2007, 04:59 AM
@Presto, don't worry your not alone...in fact you help make my point that it would be nice for the section to have a better balance of traders/non-traders.

Absolutely Presto, no reason to take personally. I know I am a bigger person than that, in fact I am certain, but what's wrong with a joke, or a little fun?

dragos
08-06-2007, 05:49 AM
What is the point of this thread again ? It doesn't matter what the outcome is , nothing will change. Is it really that hard to get that the peak of trading is having the most exclusive and rarest trackers ? Really , it was said so many times that a 5 year old retarded, deaf and blind child would understand until now. Look in real life, lets say an expensive super-car. If there are only lets say 20 manufactured cars on the planet , wouldn't a super high price and a waiting list of 5 years make sense ? Even if that car runs at 100 km/h tops and is not even fun to drive. Thats it with trackers. If only a few memebers own a tracker and is very old ,you can't even get a picture of it ,because it is so private, now most people would make of having that tracker a goal. And i don't think someone would stay and make a new ranking from scratch just so that n00b's can see and stop asking for free U*-T in day one.

nihility
08-06-2007, 06:08 AM
theres no point in makign another thread, the existing one already has the content rating. changing the system to be ordered by content is stupid because youre forgetting that you get invites on TL every month, but other sites you have to work alot harder and upload alot to get 1 invite, just because TL has more content doesnt mean people will trade alot for it.

Presto
08-06-2007, 06:11 AM
^(to dragos) You really make me believe, that we are bargaining gold.

sear
08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
@ dragos and nihility,

as has already been stated it's not about trading. It would be a tool for those of us who don't trade. I'm sure no one is going to take away your precious WIAW thread. why are you so hostile about something that won't even effect you if you don't want it to.

you're forgetting that you get invites on TL every month, but other sites you have to work alot harder and upload alot to get 1 invite, just because TL has more content doesnt mean people will trade alot for it.

we're not forgetting anything the whole point of the new system is that it would be for non-traders.

Is it really that hard to get that the peak of trading is having the most exclusive and rarest trackers ? Really , it was said so many times that a 5 year old retarded, deaf and blind child would understand until now.

is it really that hard to understand that it's not about trading and that not everyone wants to "get to the peak of trading" and that there is more to FST and BT than trading invites and putting the security and safety of the whole community at risk.

I-HAVE-IT-M8
08-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Tl#1

nthpeter
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
I think that this is a very good idea. Torrent sites are not for making big trades with them. Torrent is made for the content. And i don't care, if UK-T is on lvl10, if i could, i wouldn't trade a TL, an nCore or an OiNK for it, because it hasn't got the content i need. That WIAW list is for traders, who even don't want to d/l a film or listen to music. These traders pay for seedboxes, have UK-T, EXIGO, FTN, ScT, and WHY? What are they doin' with them? I think they doin nothing, they have TRADE addiction :D

saulin
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
theres no point in makign another thread, the existing one already has the content rating. changing the system to be ordered by content is stupid because youre forgetting that you get invites on TL every month, but other sites you have to work alot harder and upload alot to get 1 invite, just because TL has more content doesnt mean people will trade alot for it.

You are talking like invites are just for trading. Fuck trading. Lets start sharing more and the whole idea of the new system is to rate trackers for what they are really worth not for trading purposes like they are rated now.

nihility
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
You are talking like invites are just for trading. Fuck trading. Lets start sharing more and the whole idea of the new system is to rate trackers for what they are really worth not for trading purposes like they are rated now.

i dont like trading, but if high level tracker invites were given to just anybody on this site, it would let alot of noobs into sites they shouldnt be on. at least when they need to trade to get them theyre maybe a bit more experienced and arent gona cheat/leech

saulin
08-06-2007, 09:54 AM
i dont like trading, but if high level tracker invites were given to just anybody on this site, it would let alot of noobs into sites they shouldnt be on. at least when they need to trade to get them theyre maybe a bit more experienced and arent gona cheat/leech

Actually you are wrong. Changing the rating to reflect content/speed/pre etc would not change the way invites are given on the tracker and should not change how people choose their invitees. It would stop a lot of trading though because people could not longer use the good all frase. Have level 10, need this and this and this and that. People would actually see what each tracker is really worth. Also those that think that some trackers that have crappy content but have great communities and believe that just because of that they need to be rated high, well they still won't tarde the invites. I doubt that many users of UKT or FTWR or Exigo trade anyways. So they really should not be worried about n00bs getting into the tracker and cheating because they do decide who they invite and no matter what you are responsible for your invitees.

In fact when trading there is a lot more risk of getting cheaters and bad members into the tracker. All I have to say is that no matter how a tracker is rated you are responsible for who you invite. That's why I choose people careful when inviting them and I don't care about the level. Just because it's rated level 2 or 5 or 8 I won't just invite anyone. I'm against trading because number one, people use the rarity rating system for trading purposes and number 2 because you can't be sure of who you are inviting or whp you are trading with and you could be trading with cheaters and people that will get disabled anyways.

nihility
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Changing the rating to reflect content/speed/pre etc would not change the way invites are given on the tracker and should not change how people choose their invitees.
yeah good point, i know someone still wouldnt trade an ftn for a tl even if they were on teh same 'level' because you should trust people you invite to ftn better because of how hard it is to get invites.
maybe they should be sorted by type then?
like a list of all the 0day, music etc, then a rating next to them based on content so you can compare them to similar trackers?
i think thatd make more sense than sorting them by content rating all in 1 category,
if that makes sense haha

PoOki
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I say no list at all!!

But if there is a list, make it by content, not rariry.

Presto
08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
^ Not everone uses trackers for their main purpose - seed and leech. Most people hoard a bunch and then trade, and won't still use em.. then they'll get f*** and won't use it either... and finally they'll "retire" and give em away... or sell..

bblogs
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Awesome idea in my opinion. :w00t:

Although it wouldn't be called the "What invites are worth" thread, it'd be something to do with content/speed

I don't understand what the discussion is about...a basic thread would take half an hour for an experienced BT user

tupac
08-06-2007, 11:24 AM
^ Not everone uses trackers for their main purpose - seed and leech. Most people hoard a bunch and then trade, and won't still use em.. then they'll get f*** and won't use it either... and finally they'll "retire" and give em away... or sell..
LOL! :yup:

+1

SgtMajor
08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I would also like to support the suggestion that the thread be broken down into categories as proposed by SgtMajor though I think a separate thread is better than combining it with the current WIAW.

I do propose two threads though:

WIAW
WTIB (Which Tracker is Best)

And in the WTIB thread, we can add country specific trackers too (no tracker has to belong to only one criteria, it can belong to many, ie 0day, learning & Country because it is not based just on one item such as rarity)

Germany
TS-Tracker

Hungary
NCore
Bh

etc, etc,

oilslick
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
why talk about this great idea, we should just do it :)

bblogs
08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah ^^

Good luck convincing staff to make it sticky though :P

REVTTtorrent
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM
yes i agree

we need to try the new ratings

i dont care about rarity

greymatter
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Isn't there the Blank vote (a.k.a. I just want to see the results)??? lol
Tired of reading the whole posts!

dragos
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
The staff is smart unlike the people who suggest this kind of things , thats why you wont see this kind of thread. They made the rarity based thread for a reason, but seems like only a few people get it

mestari
08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Remove the whole thing :frusty:

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I wanna Thank everyone for their superb response. The new thread WILL be made and with a fresh new approach.

01ramos
08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Great,

dragos
08-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I wanna Thank everyone for their superb response. The new thread WILL be made and with a fresh new approach.

And do you think SANE people will care about your new thread ? What do you hope to get with this agaian ? I forgot ..

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 05:19 PM
And do you think SANE people will care about your new thread ? What do you hope to get with this agaian ? I forgot ..

Its only for people who care about it .... and if you think we are insane so be it. and I dont think its for you , so move on and trade for all I care

sear
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
The staff is smart unlike the people who suggest this kind of things , thats why you wont see this kind of thread. They made the rarity based thread for a reason, but seems like only a few people get it

I think your wrong about that m8 this might be hard for you to understand because all you seem to care about is rarity but the staff here don't support trading they just allow it.

what r you trying to achieve with this one? if you don't want to pay attention to a new ranking system then don't trading won't stop and your precious level whatever invites/accounts will still have value so relax.

And m8 insulting people's intelligence and sanity because you disagree with them makes you seem pretty childish why not offer something constructive instead of verging on flaming?

direstraits
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
@p1r4t3
I suggest to ban you

p1r4t3
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
@p1r4t3
I suggest to ban you

In the words of Morpheus :" Then I am greatful that it is not upto you " :)

direstraits
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
@p1r4t3
I suggest to ban you

In the words of Morpheus :" Then I am greatful that it is not upto you " :)

:mellow:
I would ban Morpheus and you in that case...

sear
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM

Sorry man missed this the first time around. I must have just missunderstood you. glad to see we're on the same page.

EDIT:
nice to see all the haters coming out of the woodwork :lol:

SgtMajor
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM

Sorry man missed this the first time around. I must have just missunderstood you. glad to see we're on the same page.

EDIT:
nice to see all the haters coming out of the woodwork :lol:

Don't worry about it, and ignore the detractors, there has to be room for an alternative view to the WAIW way of things, we just have to convince them of the merits of having a totally new way of looking at trackers, it doesn't change the value of something, but it will enlighten a lot of people and saves having to answer the same questions over & over again.

sear
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
@SgtMajor

I actually find it pretty funny how personal people are taking this...bloody junkies.

Sawyer2020
08-06-2007, 10:57 PM
well guys most of us here for trading not for judge trackers and rate them
so its rarely not content or speed
if so .so TL level 20
WIAW thread is the stock market for traders here
and they trade cuse of what it say
only in rare cases someone want something fast and easy could offer high tracker
for lower tracker to easy get but its now law

tintin123
08-06-2007, 11:00 PM
doesnt make a difference. if PPl have the sites then they are willing to trade!

wont make a difference as most ppl want in regardless of a NUMBER

SgtMajor
08-06-2007, 11:13 PM
if so .so TL level 20
only in rare cases someone want something fast and easy could offer high tracker

Another one missing the point.

The value of something will not change because of an additional sticky, but nowhere does it state the you can "only" trade here, you can give invites for free, and they can then be given not because they are a low level, but because they are equal in content with other trackers that offer similar items, so if you pop in and see invites for XX are on offer, you can quickly see to which category they belong to rather than the level you are getting.

sear
08-06-2007, 11:41 PM
if so .so TL level 20

I don't have much to add to what SgtMajor said I just want to reiterate it's not about trading it's about providing aditional resources for the rest of the community not the traders. you lot can continue to worship your WIAW bible.

Night0wl
08-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I really like the idea of another thread which just tells people what they can get from a tracker instead of for a tracker/invite.

I like many others think that many new users, who had no intention of coming on here to trade in the first place, get demoralized and end up starting to trade as they see no other way. I know it was the feel I got from this place when I first joined here and the WIAW thread had a large part in that. Thankfully I found out otherwise before going down that road.

Many users lose their chances of getting the sites they want forever because of getting suckered into trading.

Sawyer2020
08-07-2007, 01:35 AM
if so .so TL level 20

I don't have much to add to what SgtMajor said I just want to reiterate it's not about trading it's about providing aditional resources for the rest of the community not the traders. you lot can continue to worship your WIAW bible.
I'm not trader anymore I just talk about who come to trade
I see that the best trackers ever TL oink SCT
rest is another copies of them

sear
08-07-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm not trader anymore I just talk about who come to trade
I see that the best trackers ever TL oink SCT
rest is another copies of them

fair enough mate I'm glad your not trading anymore. I wasn't trying to attack you just pointing out that the new thread isn't for trading :)

p1r4t3
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
the thread has almost neared completion and will be posted. I need some last minute suggestions folks !!!!! keep them coming! fast

mievmo
08-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Nah... Dont Bother...

TCD004
08-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Still can edit the thread afterwards... ;) And i am sure, that you will edit it...

1delboy
08-15-2007, 06:44 AM
I think it is a great idea, cause U can find out what tracker is right for U, and get tracker with content & speed that suits your needs.

p1r4t3
08-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Its finished now...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-the-new-tracker-ratings-for-non-traders-and-newbies-219707

Nestea
08-15-2007, 06:53 AM
It would be ok , but the WIAW thread about rarity should exist.

p1r4t3
08-15-2007, 06:54 AM
just have a look at it....

+++ make sure u vote..... its very important.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...newbies-219707 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../t-the-new-tracker-ratings-for-non-traders-and-newbies-219707)

Nestea
08-15-2007, 07:23 AM
just have a look at it....

+++ make sure u vote..... its very important.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...newbies-219707 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../t-the-new-tracker-ratings-for-non-traders-and-newbies-219707)

Oops, Page Not Found

p1r4t3
08-15-2007, 07:36 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-the-new-tracker-ratings-for-non-traders-and-newbies-219707

sry abt that m8..