PDA

View Full Version : Business trackers

Xtremist
08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I want to know what sites r good on content related to business.I presently have thevault.bz.I would like to know what other sites offer such cntents.

regards -indian.

Submission
08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
demonoid.com

I find alot of business books i'm looking for on that tracker.

Bitme.org has a few but they are garbage "How to become rich" books.

AugustoP
08-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I found none, and heard vault is more about "make money quick" bullshit than serious economical and financial literature. You can grab latest issue of Economist or HBR here and there, but I'm yet to see a tracker with McKinsey Quarterly, or books on BP re-engineering.

Presto
08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
You should find something @ Elbitz as well, but the content shouldn't be taken fully seriously.

Jaits
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I found none, and heard vault is more about "make money quick" bullshit than serious economical and financial literature. You can grab latest issue of Economist or HBR here and there, but I'm yet to see a tracker with McKinsey Quarterly, or books on BP re-engineering.

we have all of the hbr and economist issues and a few of mckinsey's stuff (i cant find any we dont have tbh).. what we dont have we buy :P

for someone that wants 'serious economical and financial literature' u seem quite naive in believing what u hear rather than seeing for urself and then judging.

Submission
08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
The only serious literature is on demonoid.org. Look for books by Bodie. There are so many books that you really need to know what is serious and what isn't. Much easier if you know what your looking for.

If you want to know whats serious just check university course syllabus, they have recommended reading and the suggested course textbook.

Jaits
08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
... right lol

glad demonoid fullfills ur needs....

Xtremist
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
@Jaits r u a staff?

for all other guys thnx.I am looking for forums where such a like mineded ppl meet up.

SAM
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
@Indian
does the vault has an invite system ?

Jaits
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
@indian: yes its my site

@sam: its only invite only and theres only a couple of ppl that have invites atm

and no, i do not give out invites so dont ask.

Doombringer
08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
bitme.org ?

SAM
08-07-2007, 08:16 PM
@jaits

i didn't ask for invites
and demonoid is a great site and you do a great work man
thx

AugustoP
08-07-2007, 09:00 PM

we have all of the hbr and economist issues and a few of mckinsey's stuff (i cant find any we dont have tbh).. what we dont have we buy :P

for someone that wants 'serious economical and financial literature' u seem quite naive in believing what u hear rather than seeing for urself and then judging.

That was just a speculation, and I'm glad I've mistaken. Seeing it for myself would be kinda hard with your invite channel not working.

Jaits
08-07-2007, 09:59 PM

That was just a speculation, and I'm glad I've mistaken. Seeing it for myself would be kinda hard with your invite channel not working.

our channel works fine...

its tv's birthday since yest so its freeleech for these days, so we re accepting no invites atm through there....

AugustoP
08-07-2007, 10:50 PM

our channel works fine...

its tv's birthday since yest so its freeleech for these days, so we re accepting no invites atm through there....

It works ofcourse, but the topic says that no invites will be given. I've checked a couple of weeks ago, same thing, no invites. Thanx for the heads up though, I'm gonna check the channel and maybe finally get an invite.

Xtremist
08-08-2007, 01:25 AM
ok thnx for the answer guys.

@Jaits I just wanted to say.............u rockkkkkkkkkk(thevault i mean)

Submission
08-09-2007, 03:21 AM
... right lol

glad demonoid fullfills ur needs....

lol funny you think hbr and economist is serious literature for learning. Look nub economist is not meant for learning period. Its a news magazine.

You want to learn about business, business & security valuations, industrial organization including demand estimation, you want to read real textbooks and real textbooks aren't on bitme or thevault.

You sure as hell wont learn it from the economist or from get rich quick books.