PDA

View Full Version : There's few things more satisfying..

DefX
08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
than contesting a parking ticket in court and getting the judge to award you with a "not guilty" verdict with very muddy evidence. (i.e. moving your car out of the pedestrian ramp where you got the ticket and taking a picture of it parked legitimately a few feet away)

I'm 2 for 2 with contesting these annoying tickets. I feel like Matlock :happy:

100%
08-08-2007, 09:43 PM
than falling and smashing your teeth in the sidewalk, only to be dragged by a pitbull to the nearest bone backup in the park
then being saved by a traffic warden who is also a hobbyist abortionist and dentist, whom you marry have 3 kids with until you hit a pebble with your suv, while writting her an sms and swerve into a container full of poker cards.
Had you not swerved you would have killed the dalai lama, hence you are reincarnated as a fetish.

tesco
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
what's a pedestrian ramp? :unsure:

DefX
08-08-2007, 10:29 PM

its a one of those inclined things along a sidewalk that allows people with disability to pass easier

http://www.transalt.org/e-bulletin/2006/March/images/after2.jpg

or rollerblading noobs to roll easier.

tesco
08-08-2007, 11:31 PM

its a one of those inclined things along a sidewalk that allows people with disability to pass easier

or rollerblading noobs to roll easier.wtd did you park infront of one of them for?
Aren't the always in intersections?:huh:

DefX
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Not always. In residential sections here in NY, you can see them not only in intersections but in the middle as well. I figure they cater to the elderly which was many, in the neighborhood.

Besides, I was just partly blocking it and the ass gave me the ticket around 6:30 am on a Sunday morning ffs. I was going to work at 7 am. The ass probably had to meet a quota.

Skiz
08-09-2007, 02:09 AM
We have the same laws in Texas, though I'm sure it's nationwide. Blocking the ramps violates ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) laws.

Well done moving and then taking a pic. :lol:

DefX
08-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Im very proud of it myself :happy:

Useful fact: If you contest a ticket in front of a judge, theres a 50% chance it will be dismissed and 19% chance that the fine will be reduced.

4play
08-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Traffic wardens around here are sneaky now, they take photographs themselves every time they issue a ticket so you cant contest it.

I only learnt this after parking in a residents parking bay that had been suspended and was sign posted. I came back to a ticket so i cut down the sign and took a photo without the sign up and sent it in to contest the ticket. The council responded with their own photo with the sign still up right above my car.

I should have accused them of photoshopin it.

Barbarossa
08-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Have you ever nicked a microwave for your mom?

thewizeard
08-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Useful fact: If you contest a ticket in front of a judge, theres a 50% chance it will be dismissed and 19% chance that the fine will be reduced.

You are proud of blocking poor disabled members of the publics' access to crossing a busy road?

manker
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM

You are proud of blocking poor disabled members of the publics' access to crossing a busy road?
In addition to that, the title of this thread should quite clearly read 'There are few things more satisfying ... '

Not only does the thread starter abuse mongs, but also - it seems - he misuses apostrophes. Is there no end to the horror.

101Bullets
08-09-2007, 10:30 AM

or rollerblading noobs to roll easier.

to be honest mate you should have paid, and just not do it again. :yup:

DefX
08-09-2007, 02:58 PM
If any of you are happy to pay the $165 fine for partially blocking that ramp from 1 am to 7 am on a Sunday morning when almost everybody is still asleep and knowing that these traffic mongers are just vent on meeting the ticket quota for city revenue, well, I guess you're just a better man than I am.

Once, I was also ticketed at 5:59 am in the same neighborhood. They're relentless i tell u.

Not only does the thread starter abuse mongs, but also - it seems - he misuses apostrophes. Is there no end to the horror.

The horror here is you coming back from the dead :ph34r:

Cheese
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Surely those local traffic wardens will be gunning for you now they know you committed perjury to avoid a fine . . .

Risky trick, what if they had taken a picture themselves? I'm certain they will next time.

Hairbautt
08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
That does seem a bit bastard-like. To be honest tho' I probably would of done the same (contested the ticket $$), but I would of learned my lesson to not do it again.

Not to say I would of done it in the first place. :rolleyes: