PDA

View Full Version : How many of you use the forums on private trackers?

saulin
08-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Just wondering how many people use the forums on private trackers and what do you use them for since there are a lot of users who use the word "community" or they judge the staff as a method of obtaining some trackers.

Also which trackers' forums do you use?

Try to be sincere.

I very rarely use the forums on trackers. Except if I'm looking for any espesific info about the tracker.

GaleaNatur
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I very rarely use the forums on trackers. Except if I'm looking for any espesific info about the tracker.

same here...

nSyder
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I think this thread should be placed in General BitTorrent Discussion :)

SkullForce
08-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I think this thread should be placed in General BitTorrent Discussion :)
right

phantom
08-08-2007, 08:05 PM

almost the same... almost cause some time i realy read and stay in the forum... but vary rare cause in generaly i don't have time... :)

SgtMajor
08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Have you ever seen TL forums??

That's enough to frighten anyone from visiting any forum ever again <shudders>

As for anything higher than that, I wouldn't know.

saulin
08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
There are a lot of n00bs that don't have access to this section in the BitTorrent section and I want more accurate results from users of private trackers. More experienced users too and I would like to know which forums they use and why.

premanna
08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
very rare but do use it time to time :D

punki_rach
08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I use the oink music thread to find new music to download but that's about it unless I need a question answering that I can't find in the FAQ

Cmon
08-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I use it, but not every tracker, just some of my usual tracker

KFlint
08-08-2007, 08:37 PM
i do visit the forums on small community trackers

i won't spend a second on torrentleech forum!

01ramos
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I use it mostly on OiNK, they have the funniest members there. OiNK easily has the best forum.

saulin
08-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Oink probably has the best forums. The fact that users can upload is awesome so many people will try to fill requests. Oink also has an invite section for Power users. And many people will help with about anything. I don't actually use the forums. Except when looking for requests to fill since is one of the best ways to boost your ratio there. I think Oink probably has the best forums though.

01ramos
08-08-2007, 09:38 PM
indeed, there are many active users, good to have a laugh there.

sear
08-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I voted trackers have forums? as a joke but to be serious you should have added another option for yes I use the forums sometimes. Because there are one or two trackers that I would visit the forums at, but generaly I steer clear as the discussions usually bore m. On most trackers I only look at the forums if I want info about what's happening on the tracker.

fstrulz
08-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I regularly participate in FTN and F*** forums, because both are active and a lot of nice members and staff participate also.

saulin
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I voted trackers have forums? as a joke but to be serious you should have added another option for yes I use the forums sometimes. Because there are one or two trackers that I would visit the forums at, but generaly I steer clear as the discussions usually bore m. On most trackers I only look at the forums if I want info about what's happening on the tracker.
Yeah so That's considered not using the forums. I do the same so I voted no. Using the forums for general discussions and stuff like that is what I meant.

It seems to me that alot of people will use them to find out stuff about the tracker but who uses them for general discussions. Who really uses them as a general community forums?

jingajiga
08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
when you have fst why do you need another bittorrent community.. :P

i clicked no .. i only read the tutorial section !

sear
08-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah so That's considered not using the forums. I do the same so I voted no. Using the forums for general discussions and stuff like that is what I meant.

It seems to me that alot of people will use them to find out stuff about the tracker but who uses them for general discussions. Who really uses them as a general community forums?

fair enough, i took it litteraly as in "do you use the forums" full stop. Generaly trackers for me are for downloading not discussion...that's what I come here for :)

saulin
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
fair enough, i took it litteraly as in "do you use the forums" full stop. Generaly trackers for me are for downloading not discussion...that's what I come here for http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif

:yup: Exactly!

mestari
08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
There are few trackers where I'm active member at forums :) But mostly I use my trackers for just downloading. I've got other places to discuss (FST etc... :P)

pro267
08-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I like the forums of some trackers more than others. I like to hang out at the forums of KG and CO. Sometimes I read Oink forums as well. Oh, and FSC of course has a great forum.

Yeah, I would say I like the forums at some (but not all) of the trackers.

Dr_Green_Thumb
08-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I like the SCT forums they are legendary.

Roark
08-09-2007, 12:02 PM
fair enough, i took it litteraly as in "do you use the forums" full stop. Generaly trackers for me are for downloading not discussion...that's what I come here for Exactly!

Safer for my accounts to talk here than most forums too. :P Of course there are exceptions, ScT forums are excellent and tolerate fair (and even unfair) criticism. TBy's are pretty good too.

Anyone hang out in the IRC channels? FTN and SCT's are two of my favorites.

raspberry1331
08-09-2007, 01:23 PM
oink's forum easily wins, really great topics, smart guys.

laa
08-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I use only REVTT