PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Laptop Issue.

Aaron_T
08-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Ok so ive never had any major problems with my laptop since i bought it about 8 month ago.

But today i turned it on and tried to log on using my password and i found that some of the keys on the laptop are not working, these keys are x,c and v, this is a problem because the first letter of my password is actually the letter C.

the caps lock also fails to initialise on startup.

Does anyone know what the cause of this is, time for a new laptop or is there a solution? any help would be great. :)

Aaron.

lynx
08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Does your laptop have a connection for an external keyboard? Most do.

Secondly, check if the keyboard is removable, you may have spilt something in it.

If it is removable, soak it for a few minutes in warm soapy water, then rinse in plenty of clean water and leave it on its edge to dry for a couple of days.

Aaron_T
08-15-2007, 11:09 PM
I dont have the money to purcashe an external keyboard.

and i defintely havent spilt anything on the keys i know that for sure, i have checked the keys for dust and even cleaned them but there wasnt much there anyway.

anyone know how i can fix this problem perhaps with some sort of driver upgrade or something.... probably a long shot as this sounds like its some sort of hardware failure.

Currys will not give me an exchange even though the product is faulty. bastards.

lynx
08-16-2007, 12:15 AM
A new keyboard is only about a fiver, ffs.

100%
08-16-2007, 12:37 AM
indeed or you can find them thrown away around office dumpsters, or ask friends, offices etc if they have an old one.

Sounds like you spilled something. your lucky you didn't loose the "a" key.
- take a vacuum cleaner and clean around the keys
- if still they don't work, lift them off carefully and clean with wet cloth

you can always use windows "on screen keyboard" found in accessories > accessibility in start menu. Although i prefer this program http://www.lakefolks.org/cnt/ because it has the auto hide feature.

Aaron_T
08-16-2007, 11:50 PM

Needs to be a USB keyboard as my shitty laptop has no mouse connection.

i havent got a fiver, ffs. :)

@100, ive tried cleaning them etc... nothing has worked... thanks for the replies though people, appreciate it. toodles

muyoso
08-19-2007, 10:24 PM
You have tried soaking the entire keyboard in soapy water? If that doesnt work, then pretty much the keyboard is finished unless you REALLY want to do some surgery.