PDA

View Full Version : seedbox question

summ
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
do i use my seedbox for leeching? if i download a file using the seedbox, do i transfer it back to my computer so it doesn't use up any of my bandwidth? is that how it works?? please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Durkslag
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
hmm. I'm not really sure I understand you but, it doesn't matter where you seed from if only your passkey (the torrent from your account) has a ratio of at least 1:1 or the minimum seeding time (if the tracker uses that).

Or do you mean that you upload a file on a tracker from your seedbox and then download the torrent via the tracker to your computer? That would be cheating on most trackers, especially if it's free leech :D Then you could boost your account to infinit ratio.

Edit: Or you're talking about bandwidth... You shouldn't use your seedbox for leeching, it's best for seeding :) so leave the file on the box.

summ
08-12-2007, 04:22 PM
no, i mean can i download a torrent using the seedbox, then transfer it to my hardrive using an ftp program(can you do that?) if so, will it take up any bandwidth on my home connection? cuz i share 60gb with 3 people (i'm from australia)

weenden
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
if you dl the file you also up the file as long as you can connect to them.....yes you can dl it using ftp back to the comp

ifkstab
08-12-2007, 04:31 PM
and yes it takes up some of your 60 gb allotment on your home connection, it just doesn't take up double for downloading and uploading a torrent to 1:1