PDA

View Full Version : Commercials You Love

dlingeverything
06-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Post commercials that you love and discuss.

Try and make sure most ppl noe wut commericals you
are talking about.

Feel free to post more than one.

My picks (for now):
- The Blue man Pentium Commercials :lol:
- "The Osbournes" commercial with Ozzy and Sharon at piano

Lamsey
06-30-2003, 01:05 AM
- Irn-Bru adverts
- The Famous Grouse adverts, especially the "Casual one"
- Skoda Adverts

There are many others.

But the best for me is:

Originally posted by Toad 1+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toad 1)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Bud[/b]
Originally posted by Toad 2@
Weis...<!--QuoteBegin-Toad 3
Er.[/quote]

dlingeverything
06-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey+29 June 2003 - 19:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 29 June 2003 - 19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But the best for me is:

Originally posted by Toad 1+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toad 1)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Bud[/b]<!--QuoteBegin-Toad 2@
Weis...<!--QuoteBegin-Toad 3
Er.[/quote] [/b][/quote]
Aahh&#33; I forgot bout that one, definitely on my list

j4y3m
06-30-2003, 01:08 AM
Same As Lamsey Again Irn Bru(I Think The One With The Old Lady Id Really Funny) And I Like The New Vannila Coke One&#33;

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 01:13 AM
Bud-weis-er? :P

I didn&#39;t realize we were going back in time&#33;

In that case, I would have to vote for the Frank and Louie commercials.

Especially when they teamed up with the ferret&#33; :wacko:

(>Zero Cool<)
06-30-2003, 01:20 AM
Any of the nike adverts, especially the one with Cantona and the cage

DarthInsinuate
06-30-2003, 09:24 AM
i like the teletext holidays ads like especially the beach footie one

Riddler
06-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Mountain Dew&#39;s " Do the Do " campaign. Especially the one where the cyclist outraces the cheetah, tackles it and reaches down it&#39;s throat to pull out the can of Dew. The cat&#39;s &#39;puter-generated stunned expression is hilarious &#33; :D

TheDave
06-30-2003, 09:55 AM
specsavers with the sloths.

whaaaat. you have to go there?

awfullwaffle919
06-30-2003, 05:57 PM
My favorites are local ones.

Theres one in South New Jersey for a radio show, where an old lady sits on a bench at the park, and while listening to rock and roll she says, "WHy nothing could be worse than that&#33;" Then an old man in a thong gives her a lap dance&#33; Its funny as hell.

And the best of all time is another radio show one, in upstate NY, for Pyx106 www.pyx106.com , where their cover girl dances in her underwear. Tis awesome, and it will be the best non nude video youll ever watch. Downlaod it at the site&#33;

Illuminati
06-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Riddler@30 June 2003 - 10:45
Mountain Dew&#39;s " Do the Do " campaign. Especially the one where the cyclist outraces the cheetah, tackles it and reaches down it&#39;s throat to pull out the can of Dew. The cat&#39;s &#39;puter-generated stunned expression is hilarious &#33; :D
Wasn&#39;t that for Pepsi Max, not Mountain Dew? I kinda remember if due to one of the guys going "see? that&#39;s why I&#39;m not a cat person" :D

But to keep on topic - Yeah the Budweiser frogs were great, but IMO the lizards took it better :D That little plan with the ferret was the icing on the cake :D ("Look at me&#33;" "How can you look at me - Turn away&#33;" :D)

That, and the recent John Smiths ads; bloody marvelous :D

Riddler
06-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Hmmm....you might be right about the Pepsi Max, I thought for sure it was Mountain Dew, but I&#39;m an old fart and my memory is......my memory is.....uh.......shit, I forgot what what I was going to say. ;)

{I}{K}{E}
06-30-2003, 07:00 PM
The dutch Commercial for peanut butter about a little boy and Dick Advocaat. :D

VIDEO&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.kicken.com/commercials/www.kicken.com-calve.advocaat.wmv) :lol: :lol:

Proper Bo
06-30-2003, 07:20 PM
The Peter Kay No Nonsense ones, especially the football one where they&#39;re all doin skills and he just boots it.
HAVE IT&#33;

kaspiske
06-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Sonofons&#39;s Leif & Sussi
http://www.sonofon.dk/service_og_produkter/mobil/abonnementer/variant/images/familie-.jpg

Watch the Commercials HERE (http://www.sonofon.dk/index.asp?page=/service_og_produkter/mobil/abonnementer/variant/download-reklamefilm.shtml) (In Danish)

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Riddler@30 June 2003 - 13:57
Hmmm....you might be right about the Pepsi Max, I thought for sure it was Mountain Dew, but I&#39;m an old fart and my memory is......my memory is.....uh.......shit, I forgot what what I was going to say. ;)
In the US it was definitely a Mountain Dew commercial. http://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/thumb.gif

I&#39;ve never even heard of Pespi Max so obviously there wouldn&#39;t have been a commercial for it here.

More than likely Canada had the same advert as we did.

However, the other continents/countries may have had something different. :unsure:

Illuminati
06-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by tite-wad+30 June 2003 - 21:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tite-wad @ 30 June 2003 - 21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Riddler@30 June 2003 - 13:57
In the US it was definitely a Mountain Dew commercial. http://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/thumb.gif

I&#39;ve never even heard of Pespi Max so obviously there wouldn&#39;t have been a commercial for it here.

More than likely Canada had the same advert as we did.

However, the other continents/countries may have had something different. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Put simply, think of Pepsi where all the sugar is replaced for some sort of sweetener, going much further that Diet Pepsi - That would be Pepsi Max. Not bad in moderation but when consumed too much it tastes like s***e ;)

I&#39;m surprised that the drink isn&#39;t even released in the US - The advert I was on about had a style characteristic to ads from the US :blink: If I wasn&#39;t being truthful, I see Mountain Dew here but very rarely. I wonder if Mountain Dew & Pepsi are owned by the same company - That might explain why two different products have similar ad.

Or it could be that it was originally the Mountain Dew ad, but the Pepsi Max ad team made a skit of it (I remember it being an set of extreme bikers in it and the one chasing the cheetah scorning it after grabbing the can - "Bad cheetah&#33;" :D)

To the hell with it - It was good anyway. If Pepsi Max really isn&#39;t in the US tite-wad, maybe I&#39;ll send you a multipak of some; let you experience the liquid crap we are sold :devil:

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 10:34 PM
I have no desire to try Pepsi Max. You&#39;ve made it sound gawd-awful&#33; :o

There&#39;s a possibility that PepsiCo may distrubute Pepsi Max in other parts of the US - California for example - and we in the Midwest would never hear of it.

And yes, i believe Mountain Dew is a product of PepsiCo - as is Sierra Mist and others.

I think PepsiCo also owns Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut - among other things. :blink:

Illuminati
06-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Trust me - I&#39;ve grown accustomed to Diet Pepsi and can&#39;t stand the regular stuff, but I&#39;d rather down it like water instead of the Max version :x

You sh**ting me that PepsiCo owns that much. I wonder if PepsiCo is the post-1900 name of the Illuminati...;)

tite-wad
06-30-2003, 10:56 PM
I did a bit of "Googling" and found out my info was slightly out of date.

Turns out PepsiCo did own those chains, but spun them off into a new corporation called Yum&#33; Brands :rolleyes: in the mid &#39;90s. So technically PepsiCo doesn&#39;t own them any more.

Yum&#33; Brands also owns a couple of other restaurant chains. (See here) (http://www.yum.com/about/divisions.htm)

PepsiCo, however also owns Frito-Lay which I didn&#39;t realize before. (See here) (http://www.pepsico.com/company/brands.shtml)

Edit: typo

Rhydian66
06-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Peter Kay, but the one in the Indian Restaurant. Seen it loads and it still cracks me up&#33; :lol: