PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

MAQ
08-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi to all,

new to this as you'll probably see, just downloaded my first movie, terrent completed and saved to the preassigned destination folder.

Great, problem being that the file has the correct name, but the file type is just that, a FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant do anything with it, do i need some additional software to use this? have i done something wrong?

please help :unsure: :unsure:

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move if needed

100%
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
try to play it in videolan http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
or
take a screen shot, and post it here

or in explorer, clik tools, folder options / view - unmark "hide extensions for known file types" then see if it gives you an extension.

also check at the site site you downloaded it from for comments on how to deal with it.

Skiz
08-13-2007, 11:12 AM
How about telling us what the files extension is? :huh:

MAQ
08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
ok really do thin i need a walkthrough onthis one. Im not a dunce, but there doesnt seem to be any information there.

i think ive done something wrong.

Think i might need to try again

Skiz
08-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Just tell me what the file extension is, then I can help you. You want someone to walk you through it but you haven't told us anything yet.

Also, what do you mean you need to try again? You mean re-download the file? Why do you think you would have different results? :blink:

Green Goblin
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
it sounds like you have just downloaded the torrent file and not the data.

but yes answer skizo this would help.

Barbarossa
08-13-2007, 11:30 AM
skizo - he's saying the file has no extension, it's just a file :blink:

MAQ: How big is the file?

nihility
08-13-2007, 11:35 AM
it probably has an extension, he just has windows set to hide them like 100% said

MAQ
08-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Just tell me what the file extension is, then I can help you. You want someone to walk you through it but you haven't told us anything yet.

Also, what do you mean you need to try again? You mean re-download the file? Why do you think you would have different results? :blink:

the torrent is Transformers_--_the_Movie,_avi,_English,_good_quality

the size is 695MB

screen shot to follow.

The reason i said try it again is that i altered the file name slightly, wasnt sure if this had caused the problem

screenshots

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/MAQ_V6/SS2.jpg - torrent

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/MAQ_V6/SS.jpg - saved file

fstrulz
08-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Always check the torrent's description and info/NFO to know what exactly you're downloading...

Barbarossa
08-13-2007, 12:28 PM
edit the filename and put ".avi" as a file type, and then try playing it.

KevinGarnet
08-13-2007, 12:52 PM
i think you should try to rename file and in file name end just write ".avi"
i don't know if it helps but it helps for me one time..

Skiz
08-13-2007, 01:53 PM
i think you should try to rename file and in file name end just write ".avi"
i don't know if it helps but it helps for me one time..

Is there any particular reason that you must always do that?

It seems you are constantly replying with the same solutions as the prior person. :huh:

vytexx
08-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes it seems that "KevinGarnet (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/kevingarnet-172393)" is a spammer that just replying persons post and have 394 post .And i noticed that he always have nothing to say just stupid posts with a lot of ... And KevinGarnet you won't be cooler with a lot of posts

MAQ
08-13-2007, 04:39 PM
thanks guys, renamed it .avi and its now a video clip.

Will try to play it, and take it from there

thanks again

anions
08-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Will try to play it? It'd have taken only 2 more secs to check before posting.
Anyways if its still doesnt work, download VLC player(someone said it earlier), and right click on the file -> open with -> VLC Player.

necromantic
08-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Sounds like public trackers strike again. Try to get a torrentleech account, that should save you some headache next time.

Transformers_--_the_Movie,_avi,_English,_good_quality :lol:
Another tip: if they have to state in the torrent that it's good quality, it's probably crap.

This is what the real one looks like
Transformers.TS.XViD-20th

MAQ
08-13-2007, 07:04 PM
works perfect, thanks again.

Can anyone advise me (or give me a link) on how to get this ".avi" movie onto a DVD?

Would be much appreciated.

PS: If im talking crap, and this cant be done just say

Green Goblin
08-13-2007, 08:06 PM
it can be done but it would be easier if you googled your request and read up on it.

converting avi to dvd that simple

seppypom
08-13-2007, 08:38 PM

It seems you are constantly replying with the same solutions as the prior person. :huh:

It seems you are constantly replying with the same solutions as the prior person.

Barbarossa
08-14-2007, 09:26 AM
I pwn in this thread. Everything I said was true and precise. Just in case nobody noticed :smilie4: