PDA

View Full Version : Account trading: Good or Bad?

Chewie
08-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Do you think trading tracker accounts is a good or bad thing for the BT community?

Peter North
08-13-2007, 11:41 PM
For scammers is very good...
For me i think its OK

josephs911
08-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Honestly Invites are much better than accounts

kaffeine
08-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Invites are meant to be given for free, to people you trust, and for personal use. I don't think trading do any good to the community at all.

mdp123
08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Invites are meant to be given for free, to people you trust, and for personal use. I don't think trading do any good to the community at all.

This man is right about everything he just said right here.

znik
08-13-2007, 11:49 PM

:yup: So, true! :)

For scammers is very good...
:lol:

tupac
08-13-2007, 11:51 PM
For the BT community account or invite trading is a bad thing, it's not good for the security of the tracker. But is a good thing to the traders (and MPAA/RIAA spies) :rolleyes:

titofat
08-13-2007, 11:55 PM
not good and not bad

Sawyer2020
08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Not good at all and I see that every tracker have right to disable accounts traded
But also I see they should allow trade invites
PS I don't trade anymore

V For Vendetta
08-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Trading accounts is not good for the Site/traders besides Trading invites is away safer
we should not allow trading accounts here :)
-V

kallieb
08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I'll wade in. I believe there are many sides to this. Consider two traders, one has an account they created for the purpose of eventually using it for trading. They go into the process without a loyalty to the tracker moving between them; but what they are doing is misusing the account created by the site thereby disrespecting that torrent community. Even giving away an account is not right when you think about it.

What is the worst though, is when someone accepts an account during a giveway with a promise not to trade, and then turns around and trades it. That is where the accusations of dishonesty are most relevant!!! This kind of trading is dirty and should always be frowned upon.

The worry I have for invites that I have given away, and plan to give away, is that while I give them to someone whom i believe is of good reputation, if they ever give or trade that account to a person of poor reputation next thing you know, I end up with a stained reputation because the 5th or 6th person to put their hands on the account just pulled a bunch of HnR's and created bad feelings all around.

It is much to consider, and impossible to control for all angles and possibilities. At the end of the day though, I do disagree with trading. I believe invites should be freely given, and freely received. Less trading would result in more giveaways and more accounts moving between hands, as people would be less cautious and worried about getting their reputation ruined!!

Cmon
08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Bad, I don't really like people who trade, account is not meant for trading, just my opinion

sear
08-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Account trading is terrible for the BT community. When you invite someone there is a connection to you which makes you think hard if you can trust them. When you give away/trade an account there is nothing stopping you from giving it to any old person you come across beacuse they give you a good offer or whatever. I understand many people will take care when trading or giving away accounts, but many others will not. At least with invite trading (which is also wrong) there is the safety net of self interest that can help keep some of the riff raff, cheaters, scammers ect out of private trackers which are meant to be private and only shared between good friends.

How about an option to ban account trading at FST you would have my vote.

Ok that's enough :) **sear takes a deep breath**

SgtMajor
08-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Having traded accounts, due to ignorance on my part and just wanting something because it was there, I never gave the tracker, and its staff, much consideration. However, I can say I never abused any account that I had either.

However, poacher turned gamekeeper, and I can now see how some trackers would not want their accounts just changing hands willy nilly, never mind the amount of passkeys that could end up in the public domain.

I also have never passed on any account that I have been invited to, indeed it would be impossible to disentangle actually in most cases, and it was only through experience that I realised that being invited in through the front door was the only honourable way to conduct oneself, and that it would have been highly disrespectful to the invitee should I even contemplate trading an account.

There are also some trackers that don't care, and this is where most of the confusion arises from, but overall no account trading should be the norm.

I do not see much harm in offering an invite for an invite, whether it be of equal value or not, and this where I believe the the direction of the BT Invites section should be heading.

FST should be the voice of P2P, and if the trackers as a majority do not want account trading, then their views should be taken into consideration when formulating a new policy.

Maybe there could be in the future a further sub-forum for account trading, I don't know, but I agree with majority, I would like to see the back of account trading in the BT Invite Section of the FST forum all together.

zizo85
08-14-2007, 01:02 AM
for me not bothered
but must trade with trust guys

th0r
08-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Do you think trading tracker accounts and invites is a good or bad thing for the BT community?

it does not matter, there are and will always be users that take part in it

seppypom
08-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Bad, bad bad.

it can lead to all kinds of issues. Your information gets twisted up with everyone that you trade with or that they trade with. someone else can do some dirt, on an account gets linked to you and you get a bad rap. You and everyone involved can easily loose accounts on a dozen trackers at once.

phantom
08-14-2007, 06:46 AM
yap... very bad thing... but when u have a scope to obtain something u'r constrainedly to make this acc trading, u know...
I don't know exactly what's the solution 4 this, but will be a good thing if this acc traiding will not be available...

In rest... CHEERS to everyone! :)

doesdjef
08-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Bad. And it's unbelievable it happens so much on this forum

berry89
08-14-2007, 06:54 AM
is bad no matter , what the reason, is just like saying war is bad or good? war always be bad, but maybe there no otherway :happy:

mievmo
08-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Bad, as same as any trading.

1delboy
08-14-2007, 07:04 AM
If you have account that you do not use, you should give it to someone who will, not trade it.

pone44
08-14-2007, 07:06 AM
I agree it is bad. People being greedy...

mievmo
08-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Good... A lot of antitraders. :-)

PirateEagle
08-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Account tradeing is very bad for everyone expekt scammers
so for me i don`t like tradeing.......

Mugur
08-14-2007, 08:16 AM
I think account trading should be forbidden. These section is called invites section...

flaVius
08-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Annoying hypocrites. I decided to see how many people have attempted to trade accounts that said trading was bad in this thread. Unsurprisingly 13/19 peeps have, that was without looking very hard through their post. A couple have attempted to to trade accounts after they posted in this thread and one genius has a thread specifically for trading accounts. I don't really care either way, hypocrites just really annoy me.

Mugur
08-14-2007, 09:39 AM
So name them for all of us to know.

berry89
08-14-2007, 10:12 AM
come on , everybody know what is bad and good in this world. and trading is not the best way to get into a site. so it called bad. but bad is not mean at all something that is forbidden.

bblogs
08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Trading accounts is probably not good for the community itself, agreed.

But...the community can hardly complain about people who break their rules when they're breaking the law themseves :happy:

sert
08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Trading accounts is probably not good for the community itself, agreed.

But...the community can hardly complain about people who break their rules when they're breaking the law themseves :happy:

Honesty among thieves :whistling

flaVius
08-14-2007, 10:54 AM
So name them for all of us to know. I tallied it and didnt write the names down. Didnt want to point my finger at people specifically. I was just trying to make a point. If you think trading is bad I wont disagree with you. However, I do think the people that are saying its wrong should be quite when they are actively attempting to trade accounts. There is alot of that going on lately.

znik
08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
In the past FST members were pointing the finger only at scammers. :happy:
This is slowly changing and they are also pointing the finger at hardcore traders.

I think though, that the question should be "Can you resist trading"? :ermm:

A lot of people understand that account trading is not good.
Scammers also know that scamming is not good ! :D

The thing is: are they willing to stay away of trading or scamming despite of the benefits they might get? :whistling

It means nothing to me if you are an active trader and claim you are against it.

It means almost nothing to me if you become an antitrader only if you acquire the trackers you want by trading. You will probably start trading again when a new tracker pops up in the top list. :w00t:
Do you remember how many "retired" traders here realized that it wasn't actually the right time to get their pension? :frusty:

For me a mature antitrader is the one who can resist trading, even if he has rare invites that could get him into any other tracker he doesn't have and desires,and yet, he doesn't do it. :noes:

Sylar666
08-14-2007, 12:12 PM
@znik
U simplify things, Buddy. It is not an issue of being black or white.
Trading IS NOT bad in the 1st place. It isn't the right feature. Better be judged by: Useful or Not? I am a pragmatist, U know. :)
I traded a lot in the past, and frankly speaking I enjoyed it. But I don't sh...t, where I ate. I quit, and started to help my friends here with giveaways and with any other issue if asked (assuming I was capable of doing that). I don't feel myself a bad person (actually, not worse than U) just because I traded, and that said trading was a terrific tool to get friends here with a lot of people (traders or not), whom I value and respect a great deal to date.
Honestly IMO trading is fun, and not an ethical category like armed robbery - which is bad. That does not mean that I go back to trading or unretire...no. I've had enough (awesome pension:) got what I wanted, and even more importantly I 've found new perspectives, new challenges joining BitTorrent communities (I do not want to mention names). I am able to deliver at another level, and keeps me busy in the meantime. But who am I to make judgements? Nobody. I do not have the experience and wisdom yet. I even come to like my so -called "E-adversaries".
Now I would not turn them down if had a favor been asked...

weenden
08-14-2007, 12:13 PM
invites are to be given away acct if you are done with em give em up as someone else can get that slot with a invite

Chewie
08-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you think trading tracker accounts and invites is a good or bad thing for the BT community?

When you quote me, please do not edit in words that are not there.
This is what I actually typed:
Do you think trading tracker accounts is a good or bad thing for the BT community?

ibnahmed
08-14-2007, 05:57 PM
it is simply good when u dont have the tracker u want, and bad when u have it :)

When you quote me, please do not edit in words that are not there.
This is what I actually typed:

well spotted ;)

AugustoP
08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Trading accounts is the only way to get to the top trackers fast. And there's not that much "disrespect for community" (except breaking tracker rules) in trading - people did their service by providing bandwidth while they were buffering account for subsequent trade. Forbidding account trading here is a bad idea, there should be a place free of all tracker rules.

sear
08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
What alot of people are forgetting here is that the people that run trackers are putting themselves at risk for you. Tracker staff face fines, jail time and criminal records. The least we can do is respect their wish to lessen those risks. I don't think anyone here wants to spend time in a federal prison because someone traded an account to the wrong person.

Chewie
08-14-2007, 10:18 PM
...there should be a place free of all tracker rules.Why is that?
Please explain what gives FST the right to flip the bird and say 'stuff you' to sites that are offering a filesharing service, when one of FST's main purposes is to promote and encourage said service.

sear
08-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Please explain what gives FST the right to flip the bird and say 'stuff you' to sites that are offering a filesharing service, when one of FST's main purposes is to promote and encourage said service.

agreed :yup: beside there are places like that doesn't mean FST has to be one of them.

MaAiFu
08-15-2007, 12:08 AM
i personally think its very bad, just think if there were no account trading, only invite trading, no one would have more than one accounts (because why would u have 2 accounts when no1 account trades), then the accounts on sites would be spread out more.

the only reason people have 2 accounts on a site is to trade one of them! which is bullshit because for every person that has 2, there is one person who want one with none...

fair enough invite trading is also bad, but at least people will use the site respectably. also people will have the user name they want because every1 is only sending invites, as oppose to accounts.

so.... STOP ACCOUNT TRADING!!!

IF YOU ASK ME FST SHOULD BAN ACCOUNT TRADING ALL TOGETHER.

AugustoP
08-15-2007, 12:16 AM

No *rights* required in internet, just a desire to do things your way. If you feel that tracker rules are too strict (e.g. most of them don't allow invite trading and giveawys) you can run a site which doesn't enforce them.

S.L.B
08-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Altough I traded some accounts I really think that Invites are the way to go.

At this time gmail must be filled with mail accounts created just for one tracker. :frusty:

one mail per tracker is not a good thing.

sear
08-15-2007, 01:14 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-how-happened-219490

enough said.

Alco23
08-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Just to quote Znik again:

You will be held responsible for the actions of the previous holder (cheats, bad invitees, etc)

You will also be banned if you attempt to change the email + passwd from a different country.

You risk your rep and your invite tree by accepting accounts. From what I've seen here and and from experience, getting an account even if it's a freebie does more harm than good.

/edit: See sear's link above for prime example of receiving a "free" account.

Roark
08-15-2007, 02:40 AM

I think the real question is why should you feel compelled to abide by rules on your forums you had/have no hand in creating?

I hope this isn't just yet another silly attempt to suck up to tracker staff. I still smile when I remember Skizo showing up in FTN's support channel demanding we give him an invite or he'll remove FTN's url protection here. (Now there's a threat to make them quake in their boots!)

If FST wants to continue to be unique, it should remain as it is. Also, I disagree wholeheartedly that it's in anyone's interest, other than to tracker staff, to be able to track us efficiently. We have seen gross incompetence and outright treachery from many respected trackers; I see no reason to trust them to treat our identities with care. Remember FTWR's purge several months ago? With efficient account tracking, other trackers may easily have followed their lead and blindly banned the same members.

Chewie
08-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Why is that?

I think the real question is why should you feel compelled to abide by rules on your forums you had/have no hand in creating?It would be hypocritical to expect our members to follow our Board Rules while at the same time encouraging them to ignore those of other sites, particularly those that are directly related to FST's main content and purpose. There's enough irony in the fact that trackers have sharing rules regarding their exclusive content when that itself is not theirs in the first place; I don't think we need to add to that. :)

I hope this isn't just yet another silly attempt to suck up to tracker staff. Not at all.

FST has members and staff with differing views; this is good for all concerened as it helps keep a balance where those views are discussed.

I created the poll in the hope that it would become a thread where all can put their views and some may see the other point of view.

It's true that I don't agree with account trading and also that I view invites as something to be shared with personal friends (both RL and virtual :lol:) rather than someone with x number of public posts under a fake name.

If FST wants to continue to be unique, it should remain as it is. Also, I disagree wholeheartedly that it's in anyone's interest, other than to tracker staff, to be able to track us efficiently. We have seen gross incompetence and outright treachery from many respected trackers; I see no reason to trust them to treat our identities with care. Remember FTWR's purge several months ago? With efficient account tracking, other trackers may easily have followed their lead and blindly banned the same members.Well we're not about to tar all trackers with the same brush and lock out ibslice, melvin, wb, DV8type, brandon, JGG et al, merely because Oink have a ridiculously touchy cheat detection script or previous rabbit staffers' tree-banning exploits.

I like the ability to offer a level of protection to our members against known cheaters and scammers. We can easily contact a dozen top trackers with information of a scammer and receive details to disable their other accounts here gives me satisfaction. Satisfaction to know that a scammer has lost his prize & some other tracker accounts and satisfaction in knowing that scammers and cheaters will think twice about shafting FST members in the first place.
This is something we cannot achieve if we stand proud but alone outside the BT community.

SgtMajor
08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Was there a final outcome on this?

Is there a discussion between FST & tracker staff taking place at all?

Will there be a review of policies when all parties have been canvassed of their views?

The sooner the majority view is acted upon, the better, imo of course.

cattani
08-22-2007, 01:44 AM
i think is good where the site is full. is an opurtunity for other to use the tracker.
in this way i can my shar acc with my friends.

beat
08-22-2007, 01:53 AM
It's even worse than invite trading.

ssj4gogeta
08-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Definitely bad for many reasons, the only justification is if the site is closed for invites and even then its still not a good idea.

Daniel
08-22-2007, 09:36 AM
I voted for "not sure" because aside from the obvious drawback of trading (it means breaking the tracker rules, after all) there can be advantages as well.

Say you have an account you don't use (anymore) at a tracker that runs close to its user-limit or doesn't have any invites available. You don't help the tracker if you don't participate and you have taken someone else's slot who might have been active. Trading an account like this can be beneficial to three parties: you (because you get something in return), the tracker (because it gains one more active member) and the other users of that tracker (because one more member means one more to seed to or leech from).

The same with buffered accounts. Creating them took the seeding away from other users who might've been struggling because of it. The only reason for a largely buffered account is to slowly use that buffer up and that in turn can help other users maintain their own ratios.

There's no obvious drawback of trading on the first look, trading accounts has the same risks as trading or giving out invites after all. There's always the chance that you invite someone who gets banned for cheating or other reasons and the same is true for traders.

There is of course one large and very global problem caused by account trading. It wouldn't matter if a single person does this or a very small group - but trading accounts has become so popular that it influences the day-to-day business of trackers. Many offered accounts come with large buffers and I cannot imagine that those were built for other reasons than for trading the account away. So, what happens daily is that a multitude of people use their expensive seedboxes to create some TB buffer and influence the whole tracker community with it. While this power-seeding may result in faster downloads for the single user, I believe it to be harmful in the long run. This is in my opinion the main and only drawback of trading but not because of the concept but because of the popularity.

dreamtracker
08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
the best things in life are free....

my opinion

thebazzla
08-22-2007, 10:11 AM
i have never traded an account and i never will if i dont use it anymore i give it away for free as dreamtracker would say :)

ghurka
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I would never trade an account or give one away....I would rather the account get deleted naturally as i have done with many already.

By trading an account or giving it away you are breaking the rules of that site but more than this you are disrespecting and abusing the person who invited you. You don't really know where that account would end up....it may be traded on 3 or 4 times and end up with a cheater. Who gets the blame for that...not one of the traders but the only decent person - the one who gave the invite in the first place.

This is why some people, including myself are wary about giving invites to anyone who may be a trader. The invite/account is not a commodity. It is for your use only!!!

nikmash232
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Very Bad

TCD004
08-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I would never trade an account or give one away....I would rather the account get deleted naturally as i have done with many already.

By trading an account or giving it away you are breaking the rules of that site but more than this you are disrespecting and abusing the person who invited you. You don't really know where that account would end up....it may be traded on 3 or 4 times and end up with a cheater. Who gets the blame for that...not one of the traders but the only decent person - the one who gave the invite in the first place.

This is why some people, including myself are wary about giving invites to anyone who may be a trader. The invite/account is not a commodity. It is for your use only!!!You couldn't say this better... I just need to completely agree with you ;)

th0r
08-22-2007, 07:39 PM

yes, and i love your signature

SgtMajor
08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Was there any point in this poll after all?

And it was started by FST Staff.

pro267
08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I vote bad. The complete order from bad to worst is:

1) Trading invites
2) Trading accounts
3) Stealing accounts

$SnoopDo2G$
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
/agreed !

nadeem111as
08-30-2007, 08:52 PM
i stop trading

mestari
08-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Bad, bad bad.

it can lead to all kinds of issues. Your information gets twisted up with everyone that you trade with or that they trade with. someone else can do some dirt, on an account gets linked to you and you get a bad rap. You and everyone involved can easily loose accounts on a dozen trackers at once.

I agree :yup: :yup:

Heroo
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Bad Bad Bad Bad I Don't Like It Really

! ANGEL !
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
i think so bad
may be account get ban like oink or sct or nb

goysalh
08-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Very very bad.

Detale
08-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Was there any point in this poll after all?

And it was started by FST Staff.

Yes it was to show a general feeling on the subject. It shows that the majority of people here DO NOT agree with trading.

Shafter
08-31-2007, 05:09 AM
Of course it is bad, it is how accounts get disabled.

deuce6000
08-31-2007, 06:20 AM
Bad,trading anything is bad just be a fun loving hippy and give your love away :)

ibslice
09-02-2007, 06:32 AM
IMO - trading is no worse than giving invites for FREE to people you do not know.
almost 90% of bitmetv's ratio cheats, traders, hackers come from FST forums.
most are actually NOT traders - but ratio cheats.
If you are going to even GIVE an invite.. think VERY carefully who you may be giving it to.
Both trading and giving free invites put things at risk equally.

silhouette
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
My account at bitmetv got disabled. It seems an entire invite tree got deleted. I never trade and have mainly given away invites to people I've felt are deserving.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-payback-time-201236
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-looking-oink-invite-202639/page2#post2112604
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-bitmeorg-invite-need-194332
Getting back into bitmetv would be virtually impossible as I'm a non-trader.
I feel sorry for the guy (saulin) who invited me and sent me an invite for nothing in return.

peat moss
09-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Ya its not a good idea , what about the poor saps you invited under your account ? I might do it for a member I really trusted like Zapjb or someone from the lounge , or a mod from here for that matter but thats about it .

As some said , invites fill that purpose .

Nightmeare
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
its bad period, measures are being taken to stop account trading. not going to go in to them here, but one way or the other they will be stopped

tuning
09-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Its not good to trade ..its bad, but you've got to trade if you want something that the others cant have :(

limpingaret
09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
really bad thing to trade accs, but in extreme situation we must use it :cry:,
but then how could u get u** without acc trading :lol:, kidding

pnmgomes
09-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Bad Bad Bad :angry::angry::angry:

Koeckebacker
09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Bad, as same as any trading.
Trading is what made the western society mate.

As for account trading, i don't really care.
I've never done it, and probably never will.

enviouz
09-27-2007, 09:00 PM
my opinion. do what you do. if your a trader then trade. if your not then dont. this of course is just my opinion. both have there own set of consequences. im not gonna tell traders not to trade anymore though because obviously there isnt a damn thing that i have to say that really makes a difference. ill just get told like i always am. "its your opinon. exactly all it is YOUR OPINION. keep it to yourself and stop spammin". like that everytime. almost verbatim. so my advise like i said earlier do what you do and deal with it. im done.

birney29
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
i put no i dont like trading but if i really want an account i will i hate ppl that trade for the sake of trading too get higher and higher level trackers i am looking for one more account then i stop trading for good and thats sct i wud love too get this for free but i see that this is never gonna happen so i have too trade

briand5379
09-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm curious to know how much of that 55% have traded in the past.

RainRoofer
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
It's very bad.PPL who voted yes they just don't realise that.

Grind$oFine
09-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I think it's bad. I can't imagine any site allowing this if they knew when it was happening. I also think it throws off the tracker levels. And it throws off ratio proofs. I think it makes the whole system here a bit messier. Especially when the accounts are from sites that you can obtain an invite. Some people are desperate when sites close invitations, but theres usually a way you can get in eventually... I just don't see the point in trading accounts. I also think everyone should have to pay their own dues at sites. You should buffer your own accounts.

Use your account, or delete it. There are plenty of generous people to invite you places if you follow rules. :yes:

briand5379
09-27-2007, 11:26 PM
The people of this site assigned a value to the different trackers so when you do that your bound to have people that want to trade value to acquire something with more value or that they want that's just human nature.

enviouz
09-27-2007, 11:28 PM
The people of this site assigned a value to the different trackers so when you do that your bound to have people that want to trade value to acquire something with more value or that they want that's just human nature.

agreed. i wish fst would just ban ALL trading. but will never happen.

Shadow876
09-28-2007, 01:24 AM
What alot of people are forgetting here is that the people that run trackers are putting themselves at risk for you. Tracker staff face fines, jail time and criminal records. The least we can do is respect their wish to lessen those risks. I don't think anyone here wants to spend time in a federal prison because someone traded an account to the wrong person.

Well said, i completely agree to your arguments, i realize more now the importance not to trade accounts. You never know for sure who you're dealing with. Accounts should stay to the original owner and when you're done with it, delete it. That way you let someone else a spare place to register. The problem is, some trackers can be access only by invite or not at all cause they have reached full capacity. Giveaway is nice but again it is a form of trading. It's good when received by a "good guy" and it become bad when it is given to traders.

Personally i don't like the idea of trading accounts, even tough i did have tried to do so earlier. Most time i got invited. I was hesitating to do this, i know it isn't right but when the temptation is too high because you want so much this x account and the guy want something in exchange. Its really hard not trying to trade low level account when you begin in the torrent community, with " good guys " (at least you think they are after checking their profile,etc.) to eventually get higher level trackers because you want to get to the top of the most wanted Bittorents trackers. Of course you still can do this the long way, patience, make friends and build trust hoping someone will one day give you the invite you dream of. (Swedvdr :w00t:) That is how it's supposed to be. But unfortunately not everybody have the time to spent all time needed to achieve this.

Also about giveaways, they are great yes of course, but still some givers ask no proof at all, ("just pm what you want and email" ) so could end up in the hands of undesirable person. At least the giver should check the reputation and ratio proof of whom he choose.

I like the idea of trading an invite for an invite. I invite you to my tracker and you invite me to yours, you put trust in each other, you respect the rules and keep good ratio share and everybody is happy ! :D

If you have nothing to give in exchange for high level invite i wish you good luck my friend, i know it happen's time to time but again you must be member since far and have high rep point to hope get what you want. Not everyone want to risk their account being banned for having invited a trader or scammer. There will always be honest people and dishonest people.

SkullForce
09-28-2007, 02:14 AM
In fact account trading is bad as is affect badly the trackers, Invites trading is better.
But what if i got a nice offer to trade a tracker account for any other tracker what will i do?! will i loss the offer for just not to trade the account ?!!

kirktrix
09-28-2007, 02:34 AM
Account trading is bad..... So that people doing this is bad....:whistling

th0r
09-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Basically yes, kirktrix.

p1r4t3
09-28-2007, 06:39 AM
It is bad... basically puts tracker staff at risk. Ever seen tracker staff getting notices? Chances are those people got the account from a trader here. I am glad mediadefender didnt know about fst though......

FST shows up first on google for most of the queries towards bittorrent invites. Makes me wonder either how dumb mediadefender were and / or why they were not interested in any of the private trackers

snap3r
09-28-2007, 06:41 AM
i know ive posted in this tread before but account trading is verry verry verry bad :)
even account giveaway is bad :) listen to me cuz ive had some bad expieriences trading and giveaway accounts :(

rvt
09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Whenever you assign values to something, it's not a major step to bring those values into real currency terms.
A lot of people are against invite or account selling. Trading isn't far from that.

Instead of saying a level 9 is worth 2 level 7's or whatever (I don't keep track), someone may decide a level 9 is worth $30.

When invites and accounts become nothing more than tradable shares, the end result is someone cashing in from the "stock market" that's created.

aysomc
09-28-2007, 08:51 AM
i think if a person can earn an invite they should be able to do whatever they want with it. account trading on the other hand is you leaving that particular community, if you dont want to be there then leave, dont trade your accounts.

briand5379
09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Speaking of trading currency for accounts. Now that ScT charges 20 Euros for all invites they've officially assigned as currency value to a level 7 tracker. Of course that 20 Euros doesn't include the cut the middleman gets.

pECi
09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
it all comes down to how greedy u are actually

it goes this way imo

u get a "low level" account from a signup or giveaway or trade but it's oh so hard to make a good upload quota in a short time especially if u don't own a box so what do you do? yeah u start faking upload to raise it's "value"...u see ppl offering u better stuff for that account (nice isn't it) so u think u could do this for like ever so u trade or signup for several more accounts

so from being a trader u become a cheater...uhm and then bitch about staffers who disabled ur account