PDA

View Full Version : harry potter movies

SAM
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
hi guys

i'm big fan of harry potter, i have all the movies all the books everything even my whole family is a fan of him :)

so i wonder what you think of harry potter movies.
are they good or bad and why ?

r9batista
08-15-2007, 08:04 AM
I think they are good, but that much. I think LOTR is better, but still better than superheroes movies

SAM
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
i meant which is better the movies or the books?

WHRST
08-17-2007, 04:17 PM
books r always better imo plus the 4th and 5th one sucked comparing them to the book and it is ironic the fifth film is the longest of the books and the movie is the shortest of all movie adaptations thus far.

kaffeine
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I didn't like the books at all... The movies I don't mind too much, they are bearable, but I hate the books, (to be fair I only read the first 2, after that, I couldn't take it.. but i hear the last ones are "the best")

tupac
08-17-2007, 11:50 PM
I didn't read the books, but I liked the movies a lot (except the Chamber of Secrets, that was not so good IMO :whistling).

SAM
08-18-2007, 02:58 AM
the second one is my fav. :)

books r always better imo plus the 4th and 5th one sucked comparing them to the book and it is ironic the fifth film is the longest of the books and the movie is the shortest of all movie adaptations thus far.
i agree with you

donnied
08-19-2007, 05:16 AM
the books are pretty good, and the movies are pretty good too, just different. They can't cram in all the nuances and plot lines, but they still do a pretty good job of getting the feel of the story right.

Hankkingsley
08-19-2007, 05:42 AM
In my opinion, the books are way superior to the movies. In fact, the only movie I like so far of the series is 3.

SAM
08-19-2007, 03:15 PM
the books are pretty good, and the movies are pretty good too, just different. They can't cram in all the nuances and plot lines, but they still do a pretty good job of getting the feel of the story right.

but there very important situations in the books the movies neglected them
look at hp5 they didn't include most of the important stuff in the books and though the visual effects was great but the movie's plot was out of line and didn't come even close to the book

Grind$oFine
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
The books are quite obviously much better.
I think a big problem with the movies is that are basically all the action/fighting scenes from the book.
The books are more coming of age with a little romance here and there, and they're actually pretty emotional, and I don't think they do a very good job at portraying those aspects of the book. It's even so bad sometimes I think that if you haven't read the book you wouldn't know what's truly going on.
Even so, the movies are still entertaining and fun to see, with the exception of the 4th movie, that was absolutely terrible.

sangos
08-24-2007, 05:15 PM
i have seen all HP movies , and gone throw all HP books

the books are pretty good, and the movies are pretty good too.........

But the movies is much much better cuz in the movies (like in the goblet of fire) the sound effects and the all the other effects ( like in the quedish big match )
that is the thing the book missin the effects !!!!

WHiKWiRE
08-26-2007, 09:08 AM
The Harry Potter movies are awful and get way too much publicity. Lucky for the studios children are there bread and butter and lets face it kids will watch crap over and over again. ***looks at 5 year old son*** :dry:

Just to clarify I haven't touched a Harry Potter book nor will I due to the childish nature of it. Read Hearts of Darkness then we'll talk. ;)

mini-me
08-28-2007, 07:53 AM
I haven't read the books. I must say I haven't seen the movies either... Guess its just not my kinda thing.

SAM
08-30-2007, 06:26 AM
The Harry Potter movies are awful and get way too much publicity. Lucky for the studios children are there bread and butter and lets face it kids will watch crap over and over again. ***looks at 5 year old son*** :dry:

Just to clarify I haven't touched a Harry Potter book nor will I due to the childish nature of it. Read Hearts of Darkness then we'll talk. ;)

who is the author of hearts of darkness daddy :)

finki
09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
the books are much better then the movies.
i didnt liked the movies at all, also the books are not so good.

SAM
09-02-2007, 11:16 PM
the books are awesome :)

itsamystery
09-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I love the movies

Hairbautt
09-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Books show more of the story. Fact.

jiggawhaaat
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
The Harry Potter books are amazing, I don't care how old you are, or even how old I am. :cool:

punki_rach
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
The books (especially the first few) are amazing and definatly deserve at least a proportion of the publicity they recieve. But as for the films, I can't stand them. They seem to be able to make even good actors appaling. I can't watch them without cringing

maxehhh
09-07-2007, 09:54 PM
the last one was the best, i wanted action and none of the last did anything, the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort was awesome, i hope the next get even more fights :P

SAM
09-08-2007, 01:53 PM
the fight scene was great but i guess the coming movie won't contains many fights

WhiteWizard20
09-09-2007, 06:56 PM
The books were good and the movies were great. I don't like it how the movies don't include everything that is in the books. The film industry always seems to find a way to leave out some very important parts of a book. Btw, I'm a big Emma Watson fan.

SAM
09-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Btw, I'm a big Emma Watson fan.

who isn't? :)

she is a good actress and the best one of the trio in acting so far :)

abu_has_the_power
09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
the movies are pretty shitty. my fav book is goblet, and the movie was pretty shitty. sigh

i hear ootp is pretty shitty too

sigh

briand5379
09-15-2007, 02:07 AM
The more they make the better they get.

sexydingo
09-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Books are better, but I'm a big fan of the movies as well. Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite of the movies thus far, mostly because Alfonso Cuaron is a badass director. As for the books, Half Blood Prince is definitely tops.

Brenya
09-15-2007, 05:08 AM
they aight

chichucu
09-19-2007, 10:39 PM
the movies are very good, the books never read them but still i think that the lord of the rings is better